Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Yep, cool and wet here too (again). Wasn't it about a year ago that we were entering a four day period of 30+...?!

Pub garden for us on Thursday or Friday if the sun does come out, not done that since June! I've almost forgotten the 'wasps around yer beer' problem...! ha ha. King's Arms in Knowle, I fancy.

• Like 1

Posted

Was going to go on a long motorbike ride out today, but the weather is a whole lot worse than was forecast.

It's literally like mid Autumn atm, I must have picked the worst August on record to have two weeks annual leave :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, SollyOlly said:

Yep, cool and wet here too (again). Wasn't it about a year ago that we were entering a four day period of 30+...?!

Pub garden for us on Thursday or Friday if the sun does come out, not done that since June! I've almost forgotten the 'wasps around yer beer' problem...! ha ha. King's Arms in Knowle, I fancy.

must be common name, Kings Arms Stafford too

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely day here in the Peak District, long warm sunny spells, many local farmers are cutting for Hay as been holding off for a good while due to wet weather..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

Lovely day here in the Peak District, long warm sunny spells, many local farmers are cutting for Hay as been holding off for a good while due to wet weather..

in middle of north/south split, filth to south, summer to north, see the blue sky to the north all day, here been dry at least, was expecting washout but far enough north

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

in middle of north/south split, filth to south, summer to north, see the blue sky to the north all day, here been dry at least, was expecting washout but far enough north

At least the next few days will be something more Summer like. Hopefully not the last, September can deliver some heat under the right conditions. Hopefully we will see some more convection this year...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair weather, hate snow/ice. Hate rain even more.
4 hours ago, SollyOlly said:

Yes I think it was, but most of last summer was high 20Cs and sometimes over 30C.

Apart from a short period in June that was good, the rest of the summer so far has been dismal. Recent weeks have felt more like early Autumn 😒

I'm hopeful for a late spurt of summer in late August going into September, but we'll get what we get. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

A max of 16.2C today which is almost 7C below the mean max, but only have to go back to 2017 for a much worse 8th of August, where it only got up to 14.2C with 16mm of rainfall. Today 1mm fell.

Some nice skies at the moment as the front clears, altocumulus undalutus clouds I believe. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
24 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

A max of 16.2C today which is almost 7C below the mean max, but only have to go back to 2017 for a much worse 8th of August, where it only got up to 14.2C with 16mm of rainfall. Today 1mm fell.

Could contain:

I’ve hit 17c today in my back yard, but all it takes is a glimpse of the sun and temps can very briefly rise, I was today in Kingsbury’s and for about 15mins that was the case 😉 didn’t last long though ☔🙄

edit

This is me right now at 19:23

IMG_0815.thumb.jpeg.5026a3f385c99b545fcfe9a6d429cd51.jpeg

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Unseasonably Cool Day from Storm Antoni - 5 August 2023 Time-Lapse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

And the sheath of cloud arrives.

Posted

Cloudless sky here right now, sky a beautiful blue...sun out in full, but a decent breeze making it feel pleasantly warm, not hot. This is the type of summer weather that I like...totally useable, attractive to the eye, and no disabling excessive heat or humidity. My missus commented to me this morning that it feels more like a day in May rather than August, but it's ideal for me!

Posted
9 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Almost totally cloudy here since about 10-11am, was some blue earlier but not completely cloudless. Total waste of warmer air

Turned out to be nice here later on.

Posted

Much warmer evening than in recent weeks, still above 18C gone past midnight.

Can't compare to some of the hot days during Last august or August 2020 where it would still be in the low 20s at this time. 

Posted

Glorious Summers morning here, currently at Bakewell before the tourist arrive...

IMG_20230810_080300.thumb.jpg.a55168a8fd7d13684322d2316e516d94.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted

Nice burst of colour tonight. 

Apart from the breeze, today has been perfect, max of 24°C, dew point in the 12-13°C range since late morning with some good sunny spells.

August trying to make up for July it seems.

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Summer Finally Returns - 10 August 2023 Time-Lapse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
On 09/08/2023 at 11:15, SollyOlly said:

Cloudless sky here right now, sky a beautiful blue...sun out in full, but a decent breeze making it feel pleasantly warm, not hot. This is the type of summer weather that I like...totally useable, attractive to the eye, and no disabling excessive heat or humidity. My missus commented to me this morning that it feels more like a day in May rather than August, but it's ideal for me!

My wife and I are of similar dispositions.

She hates breeze... I love it.
MIA

Posted

Stunning afterglow colours yet again tonight.

Been quite breezy today, but apart from that dry, with some sunny spells. Max of 22°C.

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, similar here, not far from Coventry. A few drops of rain, but otherwise quite breezy but perfectly acceptable for an early/mid August day. Nothing too extreme either way...very useable. Family and I had a nice walk, picked plenty of wild blackberries (people don't seem nearly as interested in wild blackberries compared to when I was young?), and I'm blending them in to some white vanilla ice-cream for tonight's pud...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

Yes, similar here, not far from Coventry. A few drops of rain, but otherwise quite breezy but perfectly acceptable for an early/mid August day. Nothing too extreme either way...very useable. Family and I had a nice walk, picked plenty of wild blackberries (people don't seem nearly as interested in wild blackberries compared to when I was young?), and I'm blending them in to some white vanilla ice-cream for tonight's pud...!

My hunting ground is Elmdon park area, and my wife as been none stop bringing in wild berries from the park lately …..my daughters love em, but they aren’t for me, I’m a savoury dude….give me a bag of roasted peanuts any day 🤗

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

My hunting ground is Elmdon park area, and my wife as been none stop bringing in wild berries from the park lately …..my daughters love em, but they aren’t for me, I’m a savoury dude….give me a bag of roasted peanuts any day 🤗

Bro, we're close to each other...I can walk to Elmdon Park from here...my local is 'Jubilee' (Olton) Park...my daughter cooked a SPECIAL apple and blackberry crumble tonight. But she said "this is autumn food"...!? I just smiled. Anyway. Nice to be in touch with locals! 😊

Edited by SollyOlly