Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Significant winds to hit land let alone the wind within the sea, I could see Category 4 style wind gusts in the sea on the ECM, Icon and GEM with a little bit of change in position.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
56 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Has the Strom been named then, I was so hoping it would decide to slide.

Not yet, though I guess Met Eireann more likely to name it - given bigger impacts for Ireland. Met Office have a yellow wind warning for much of the UK for Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.499078b580b757971f98a7825bbe61bf.png

This is the GFS Ensemble plot for max gusts. Tuesday Evening into Wednesday early hours seem over the place.

This is for Central Southern England.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The winds in the wrong direction for us for any impact however the track still hasn't been settled yet so who knows.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just a Normal Winters Low Pressure

• Like 4

Posted
OG-icon.jpg
WWW.MET.IE

Met Éireann, the Irish National Meteorological Service, is the leading provider of weather information and related services for Ireland.

Here are those warnings. Mean speed in excess of 80km/h, gusts expected in excess of 130km/h in the southwest.

Edited by The Eagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, The Eagle said:

Red extended to County Clare.

Cork Kerry and now Clare, that might be the biggest red warning area I've seen. 

• Like 1

Posted

Most of the South of Ireland as in Cork,Kerry and Clare closing tomorrow. Notable big ones shut like Tesco,Aldi Lidl the biggest bank AIB etc. It has really taken off over here in the media 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

My college is canceld for tomorrow.

Will maybe give you guys updates tomorrow, I live in the Dublin area.

I was on the look out for a sting jet.

Storm Forecast
Valid: Tue 07 Dec 2021 06:00 to Wed 08 Dec 2021 06:00 UTC
Issued: Mon 06 Dec 2021 19:13
Forecaster: DAFIS

DISCUSSION

.... Ireland, UK and NW France ....

There is a general consensus among the available NWP models about the time and position of a deep low west of Ireland before 12z on Tue 7/12. An explosive deepening will create a favorable environment for severe and damaging wind gusts, stronger than 40 m/s. Embedded convection will add an additional component to the damaging winds

Estofex

2021120806_202112061913_1_stormforecast.xml (1).png

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
40 minutes ago, January Snowstorm said:

Most of the South of Ireland as in Cork,Kerry and Clare closing tomorrow. Notable big ones shut like Tesco,Aldi Lidl the biggest bank AIB etc. It has really taken off over here in the media 

For 75 - 80mph winds? Yes it's a bit blowy and you'd expect some travel disruption but not shops shutting. I don't remember that happening here even when there were 90mph winds, people just avoided going out until it eased.

• Like 2

Posted
On 06/12/2021 at 20:39, Ross90 said:

For 75 - 80mph winds? Yes it's a bit blowy and you'd expect some travel disruption but not shops shutting. I don't remember that happening here even when there were 90mph winds, people just avoided going out until it eased.

My concern are trees and wind gusts. Not many trees or buildings can handle the gusts. I seen a nice squall line or two will be set up over UK , maybe a funnel cloud or tornado.

We shall see during the course of time.

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
On 06/12/2021 at 17:12, The Eagle said:

Red extended to County Clare.

Your Ireland community url is broken.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 06/12/2021 at 20:39, Ross90 said:

I personally think it's a better reaction than not closing, less chance of people being caught outside at the wrong moment, which is not always as predictable as it looks. Trees weakened by strong gusts can fall later sometimes, for instance. Same with damaged structures.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

By midday tomorrrow the storm will have deepened 52mb in 24 hrs putting it top 3 most rapidly deeping low pressures on record.Amazing and its on our doorstep

• Like 4