Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - Christmas approaches

Paul
Message added by Paul,

The guiding principles of everyone's participation in this thread are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family friendly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
On 17/12/2021 at 23:33, damianslaw said:

Every model run comes with a big disclaimer ' subject to change' and the change more so each 24 hr further into the future. 

Indeed - but if people payed more attention, to the unusual Synoptics- other than Atlantic based shunting-/ @ upper vertues  then we could have some moderate/ analysis. Because due to @whatever” your view is @ gwa/ / climate change. The normality of west- to east meteorological stamp! Has /is very different. Anyway I prey- for a little grace of formula for both height block, and minuscule morphing- because that is the ultimate slay.. or weigh... rest well

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
28 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Got a good feeling about tomorrow's output. Night all.

You little tease Kas, you’re going to need to convince @sheikhyor it’s all for nothing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Starting from tomorrows 00z runs up to Xmas day(that's 7 days):-

we have

28 gfs runs

14 ECM runs

and 14 GEM runs

that is quite a lot of runs to resolve as regards to what happens on the big day it's self.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

we have

28 gfs runs

14 ECM runs

and 14 GEM runs

that is quite a lot of runs to resolve as regards to what happens on the big day it's self.

Doubt much will change when we get to 72-96hr range - so we have about half amount of those runs for the picture to change significantly.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mandy Orme said:

I don't understand the charts or the runs but follow this thread daily to try and learn. 

This has been like reading a a gripping thriller that you can't put down. One minute it looks like I'm going to get my wish for a cold maybe snow Christmas, the next it's rain and slightly milder. 

Who knew weather could have more twist and turns than a crime novel lol. 

Fingers crossed for cold weather 

Yep this crazy site can be like that.

The weather has its mind made up along time ago what its going to do. It is the models trying to deciher what the weather is going today which has the twists and turns.

I can see sometime in the future when these super computers have found the key to unravelling these complexities it could be quiet a bit more straight forward. 

I could also see myself well dead by then too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Cold, Snow, Extreme weather

Here's one of the perturbations which would cause quite an amazing divide in 850 temps + precip type over England (perturbation 20)

gens-20-0-192.thumb.png.459271938b8433dc469cada56e346787.pnggens-20-2-192.thumb.png.7a1925f7b2999d705e447643c77e21c5.png

Southampton in Rain whilst Sheffield gets a dumping of snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
On 17/12/2021 at 23:45, Stu_London said:

Doubt much will change when we get to 72-96hr range - so we have about half amount of those runs for the picture to change significantly.

There will still be a significance at that range in terms of snowfall in the UK on the big day believe me,...if there will be one

even 24hrs out is still unpredictable where snow will fall

if the models underestimate the block(which mostly they do)then systems will head further SE and totally miss the UK,...there has been quite a few examples i can remember.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Cold, Snow, Extreme weather

By any chance can anyone send me the times of when charts come out? Would really appreciate it 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
13 minutes ago, SPEEDYTOAST said:

Here's one of the perturbations which would cause quite an amazing divide in 850 temps + precip type over England (perturbation 20)

gens-20-0-192.thumb.png.459271938b8433dc469cada56e346787.pnggens-20-2-192.thumb.png.7a1925f7b2999d705e447643c77e21c5.png

Southampton in Rain whilst Sheffield gets a dumping of snow 

Crazy the difference in air mass. As long as my bet on a white xmas in Leeds comes off its a small consolation  for a usual standard mild xmas here in NW Kent so I'd take this as a secondary prize

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
20 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

we have

28 gfs runs

14 ECM runs

and 14 GEM runs

And 14 Navgems

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The 120hr FAX chart is pretty good. Looks like it's sliding underneath the block albeit rounder than you'd like

fax120s.thumb.gif.7f435008207c22163d6990544d41534a.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
1 minute ago, Met4Cast said:

The 120hr FAX chart is pretty good. Looks like it's sliding underneath the block albeit rounder than you'd like

fax120s.thumb.gif.7f435008207c22163d6990544d41534a.gif

Not bad at all going forward

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!
21 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Crazy the difference in air mass. As long as my bet on a white xmas in Leeds comes off its a small consolation  for a usual standard mild xmas here in NW Kent so I'd take this as a secondary prize

...and here in Plymouth, I'll gratefully take a hail shower.......Good luck all, lots to chop and change yet though!!

• Like 2

Posted

Could  be South that ends up with the snow, seen these lows modeled too far North many times before, sometimes they miss the UK  completely and if that happens, we will go in the freezer  don't rule out anything yet!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Could  be South that ends up with the snow, seen these lows modeled too far North many times before, sometimes they miss the UK  completely and if that happens, we will go in the freezer  don't rule out anything yet!! 

That's generally a slider scenario running into cold air SLEETY not a low moving westwards and not disrupting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!
2 minutes ago, swfc said:

That's generally a slider scenario running into cold air SLEETY not a low moving westwards and not disrupting.

Hey swfc! That's the current fascination (more so for me!)...as in: Will the low move in a line W to E (barrow through), or, NW to SE...(slider)??? Heck this is no done deal...and come Xmas day...anyone for 'blindfold pin the donkey'?...

Posted
4 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Hey swfc! That's the current fascination (more so for me!)...as in: Will the low move in a line W to E (barrow through), or, NW to SE...(slider)??? Heck this is no done deal...and come Xmas day...anyone for 'blindfold pin the donkey'?...

Hi. The low will move nw to se but has it gets south it interacts with a low moving down from Scandinavia. This drags it west and we need to stay on the northern edge to pull in cold wintry weather

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If you take issue with a post, ignore it. If you think it is breaking the guidelines, report it. Please don't respond to the posts, it creates a chain reaction in off-topic replies, let a mod deal with it.

We're entering a period of weather that could be rather exciting, and with Christmas around the corner, members ought to be more respectful to each other to keep this a fun thread for those who post, and for those who sit at the back and read. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

As I’m out with the lads, I’m on the night shift. Another GEM will do me nicely.

Corrections SE will do us nicely.  

Edited by Snowman.
  • Like 2

Posted

Night guys thanks for a great day of model watching and comment x

7 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Maybe not what you wanted, but it's great for me.

Hopefully will stay exactly where it is tomorrow. 

• Like 1