Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Main road out of Biggin hill blocked both ends. Bus has been hit by a falling tree and a van is underneath another large fallen tree.  Trampoline still in garden 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Multiple tiles and a fence panel down from the properties around us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Still not too bad here, had far worse before. Although I haven't seen the postman, maybe everything got delivered by air mail

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
7 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Watch the big jet tv it's awesome so addictive 

Think he's hit over 200k watching the live stream!

We've been addicted for well over  two years now....keep an eye open for the Lakenheath streaming, he does quite a few from there. 

Posted

I’ve been alternating between Big Jet tv, Netweather, looking out window and work. Work is definitely lowest on list!

Garages out front of ours:B1F8D0ED-8787-474B-97DF-D95D23EDF39B.thumb.jpeg.7ba73c796b3e1045dfca419f4c3731fe.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Really rough out there. Fence panels down, multiple tiles down. Just had to bring my Mum round to ours as her chimney’s part collapsed and her satellite dish is now hanging off the roof.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Its been nasty here for 45 mins, lots of loud bangs from things landing on roof, difficult standing still (west facing garden backing onto open land) when outside keeping dog away from the big trees for a quick wee (him, not me )   Recording a number of 51/52mph gusts in last 30 minutes; average 10 minute speed 30.9 mph and there's a way to go yet.    

Edit: started this well over 90 minutes ago. Had to abandon to clear the smashed heavy metal gazebo frame (removed top cover before winter) which was pinned down with long metal stakes.  They stayed in place but metal frame twisted then broke into pieces and started hurling javelin type parts into shed and conservatory glass.  Must have been the 66mph gust measured by my Vantage VUE.  Is scary now.   

Is the worst of it over now? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
30 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

I’ve been alternating between Big Jet tv, Netweather, looking out window and work. Work is definitely lowest on list!

Garages out front of ours:B1F8D0ED-8787-474B-97DF-D95D23EDF39B.thumb.jpeg.7ba73c796b3e1045dfca419f4c3731fe.jpeg

Ah yes I'm having a hard time working! 

I'm checking here, listening to Shaun Keaveny's new radio show (he opened with the song John Kettley is a Weatherman) and looking out the window.

Hoping the power cuts don't get to me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

So far in my immediate area it hasn’t been too bad, only a couple of notably strong gusts and other than a couple of wheelie bins knocked over and a few small tree branches on the lawn no real damage visible, I think we’ve been quite lucky. 

Posted

The peak for us has been in the last hour or so. Pressure bottomed out at 992.9mb and is now rising quickly as the centre of the low moves away. Still some very significant gusts.

Having blue skies and sunshine somehow makes the whole thing a little easier to deal with - I much prefer this to storms in the early hours of the morning when it's dark everywhere and you can't see what's going on...

Posted

Capel in Kent (just up road) has recorded 116mph recently on a weather station. I should point out it is up high but still mad

WWW.CAPELCLIFFSWEATHER.CO.UK

Capel Cliffs Nr Dover, Kent weather data

• Like 2

Looks like it's finally calmed down a bit, from a IMBY perspective it certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, no damage in the immediate area other than a few branches off trees in the local parks. Amazing the difference a lack of rain and tree foliage makes to the damage, we've had gusts that were no where near today's level with plenty of damage when the trees are at full bloom and torrential rain accompanies it. Some of the gusts were pretty intense at times, can only imagine what is was like in more isolated areas! 

Some of the footage from others parts of the UK is pretty incredible, clearly a big event when it's all over twitter and not just being hyped/ramped up on here or smaller weather related channels on twitter.

Fingers crossed injuries and loss of life is at a minimum, no doubt we'll see that news trickling through as the day goes on. 

Edited by Uxbridge90
  • Like 1

Posted

The gusts just won't stop here. Next door no longer has any fences on either side of their garden and I foolishly returned to the attic to 'work' after watching the curling semi-finals but the thundering across the roof is incredible in each consecutive gust.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

The gusts just won't stop here. Next door no longer has any fences on either side of their garden and I foolishly returned to the attic to 'work' after watching the curling semi-finals but the thundering across the roof is incredible in each consecutive gust.

Seem to be in a lull here, although sustained winds are still pumping.

• Like 2