Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
27 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

It's all happy again in the mad thread

Yep, two day mild blip seems to be the consensus this morning!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

~10cm snow remaining. 

Bit surprised to see many had such a cold night, including that -11 in the region. I wonder how low we can go here if the cloud clears! 😯

Could contain: Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Snow Could contain: Terminal, Train Station, Railway, Train, Vehicle, Truck, Car, Person, Traffic Light, Bus 

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Still -0.8 here in Locksbottom so as we went negative temperature wise about 5pm Saturday that is over 66hrs where we have stayed below zero,the longest period since BFTE 2018. Sadly think we will creep in positive territory today within the next hour or so and will probably wait till about 3ish before temperatures start dropping again.

Yes as others have mentioned things have got more positive for coldies looking at models and trends as it looks like we will only have maybe 3 mild days(18th-21st) before it turns colder again and even that could be shortened.Scotland I think will pretty much stay in freezer the whole time.TBH I like the cold and snow but they can keep the -15s as -7/8 is cold enough for me🤣❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Anyone else noticed this? 

The snow on trees are getting blown off and making it look like we've had a fresh dusting. I ride through an alley way with over hanging oak trees full of snow which blows off covering the bare ground - it looks amazing😍

• Like 5

Posted

Really am surprised at the longevity and lack of melt. Yesterday there was a far bigger melt. No melt so far today

Could contain: Handrail, Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Ice, Shelter, Building, Housing, Snow, Roof

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
9 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Really am surprised at the longevity and lack of melt. Yesterday there was a far bigger melt. No melt so far today

Could contain: Handrail, Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Ice, Shelter, Building, Housing, Snow, Roof

Yes it was a bit more slushy yesterday afternoon but today it’s all frozen. A very cold night last night plus cloud cover is keeping temperatures low. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, danm said:

Yes it was a bit more slushy yesterday afternoon but today it’s all frozen. A very cold night last night plus cloud cover is keeping temperatures low. 

Coldest day yet of this very impressive and super nostalgic December cold spell. Mild blip coming up or no, this doesn’t happen very often. 

Posted

Still a good amount of snow left here and the roads are difficult still… shame that system pushing into the SW today is not going to make it to us 😞 

I see that most seem to think mild at the start of the week next week before it cools off again? Potential for real cold again before Christmas as well?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

hmm 🤔 was this forecast so far east so early ? 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Electronics, Text

Not too sure, Mark, but I haven't seen any models that bring it in that early. I've seen plenty of times over the years where models have wrongly estimated ppn from the south. 

• Like 1

Posted

5 minutes ago, Gowon said:

Not too sure, Mark, but I haven't seen any models that bring it in that early. I've seen plenty of times over the years where models have wrongly estimated ppn from the south. 

Hmm something seems a bit off it’s here earlier and more NE/E than expected.

small chance this could creep into East Sussex later maybe inland a little I reckon. Very small chance atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looking good for another ice day today with temperatures still around -2/3c (Sunday was also one). Clear skies should push southwards overnight as drier air from the north arrives. The rest of the week looks to be fine and sunny with just patch freezing fog patches. Frosts look to be pretty severe as well with temperatures falling to -5c widely most nights.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

All white for a few more days here by the looks of it then maybe some transient snow Sunday 🌧️

Scrat and his furry (and feathered) friends are eating so many nuts I’m filling up the feeding stations daily, it’s very distracting watching them  🐿️ 

Could contain: Rodent, Mammal, Animal, Squirrel, Rat

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Person, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature, Face, Head

Could contain: Rodent, Mammal, Animal, Squirrel, Monkey, Wildlife, Rat

Posted
56 minutes ago, danm said:

Dew Point much lower today. Its around  - 2 just now. Yesterday DP was hovering just above zero. Often an issue when it comes to snow melt. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, clark3r said:

Last 2 gfs runs have showed sleet snow running along the south coast overnight tonight, wondering if this could produce a covering over the downs, haven’t seen other models 

Better not be sleet this time, or if it is that icy snow would do lol. But that really does get slippy when compacted by rain and walking.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

I don't understand why it ever wasn't happy lol. It must be exhausting model watching with emotions lol. Far better to detach and be objective 

I don't understand why it ever wasn't happy lol. It must be exhausting model watching with emotions lol. Far better to detach and be objective 

Posted

Oops for some reason if wasn't moving away from the post, so thought it wasn't posting, know for the next time I guess.

Posted
18 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Snow all gone here now. Which I suppose is to be expected. Nice little event.  Winter in winter. Great stuff 

I didn't realise you live down here.. always thought you lived up north.

38 minutes ago, BLS said:

Hmm something seems a bit off it’s here earlier and more NE/E than expected.

small chance this could creep into East Sussex later maybe inland a little I reckon. Very small chance atm

Something appearing on the radar in your locality.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gowon said:

I didn't realise you live down here.. always thought you lived up north.

Moved few months ago. Mate.  Didn’t expect to see any of the white stuff. But there you go 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

hmm 🤔 was this forecast so far east so early ? 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Electronics, Text

Think it's just showers ahead of it, the stuff coming in over Cornwall now is from an upper warm front, ahead, in in this case is above the front. Both are shown to stay in the channel, but the ppn from the upper warm front could, and looks like will hit the coast. As dp is negative I think it will be snow.

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Moved few months ago. Mate.  Didn’t expect to see any of the white stuff. But there you go 

It's not a bad area for snowfall down here.

Liking life in London?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Gowon said:

Oh really I can’t see anything on the radar 🤔 just cloudy here atm

Posted
2 minutes ago, BLS said:

Oh really I can’t see anything on the radar 🤔 just cloudy here atm

It' grew and slid off towards Dover.😆

WWW.METEORADAR.CO.UK

Realtime rain UK, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Our rainradar images are updated every 5 minutes and include lighting and a 3 hour rain forecast. Predict flooding areas and watch the rain over the UK and Ireland in...

• Like 1