Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
39 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol no problem here, I'll just go shopping at Tesco's in Whitfield, real reason to see snow, or if the buses are running, go Folkestone, but get of the bus in capel le ferne.

Question, how far north east.

I love capel le ferne ..ide like too know who let the water through  ..because it all ..'with white cliffs and all, ends suddenly' what with the varne,Goodwin,sandettie,all the high points in the channel 'dangerous for shipping ' was maybe part of the downs at one time , feels like when you was  a kid and  you watched the tide take your sand castle away ...:( oh and  dogger bank which was  an  island in its own right ..:)

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

.Question, how far north east.

A good question too. Knowing the luck we have come to experience, far enough to make it a snow to rain event 🙄

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, UKSnakey said:

A good question too. Knowing the luck we have come to experience, far enough to make it a snow to rain event 🙄

Exactly our luck. I’m going to be sick with envy when the rest of the uk gets snow and I’m stuck with pouring rain again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol no problem here, I'll just go shopping at Tesco's in Whitfield, real reason to see snow, or if the buses are running, go Folkestone, but get of the bus in capel le ferne.

Question, how far north east.

Knowing our luck, low 1s’ NE limit will be St Peter’s Port, meaning we’ll be bone dry and low 2s’ will be Aberdeen, resulting in a rain fest.

• Like 2

Posted

Lots of toy throwing in the MOD thread. Everything has gone South in every sense.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
2 hours ago, Methuselah said:

SNAFU? 😱

had to cut an-paste this into google 👆

... am now feeling old 😊

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Oh deary dear, it's all gone very wrong, very very quickly. Even with an ssw, and a favourable mjo, it's all turned around in a matter of hours. Shouldn't complain too much, as I got lucky in December, but boy, or them, it's like pulling hens teeth, if it can go wrong, in the UK, it will. Cmon spring, in the words of Delia Smith, let's be having you. 

• Like 2

Posted

Good lord the main thread is a depressing place to be this morning. We are still a good few days off whatever will happen. After Decembers soggy situation I’d like to think we can see some flakes falling this week

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

All we can hope is they are all wrong else what else can we ever trust but a ssw .Roll on spring want turn the heating off and start saving for next winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, SHM040519 said:

Good lord the main thread is a depressing place to be this morning. We are still a good few days off whatever will happen. After Decembers soggy situation I’d like to think we can see some flakes falling this week

I'm hoping so. Because of where the trough has dropped, the Easterly is in the Atlantic. It could still drop further south over us. If you look at the charts moving it's weird. You can see lows. You can see lows moving east in the Atlantic, and right under those, lows moving west, those are the ones heading for wherever they hit here.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I'm hoping so. Because of where the trough has dropped, the Easterly is in the Atlantic. It could still drop further south over us. If you look at the charts moving it's weird. You can see lows. You can see lows moving east in the Atlantic, and right under those, lows moving west, those are the ones heading for wherever they hit here.

It’s definitely a strange set of charts atm. I genuinely think people in that thread expect Armageddon with snow and don’t remember it’s early march!

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, IDO said:

The GFS has been solid for days with the frontal snow potential for Monday into Tuesday and the 06z reinforces that:

animorq3.gif

So much focus on mid/end of week in the mid-thread but Monday night into Tuesday morning might be good for us in the south east?

• Like 2

Posted

At the moment I think I will stick with the met office forecast, which at the moment doesn't sound too bad.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Very cold throughout this period with sunny spells and snow showers, more frequent towards the coast. Snow showers most likely on Tuesday then likelihood gradually decreasing. Severe frosts overnight.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Sun 5 Mar 2023

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, snowrye said:

Oh deary dear, it's all gone very wrong, very very quickly. Even with an ssw, and a favourable mjo, it's all turned around in a matter of hours. Shouldn't complain too much, as I got lucky in December, but boy, or them, it's like pulling hens teeth, if it can go wrong, in the UK, it will. Cmon spring, in the words of Delia Smith, let's be having you. 

"Let's be havin' you!" -

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Exactly our luck. I’m going to be sick with envy when the rest of the uk gets snow and I’m stuck with pouring rain again.

You won't 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, E17boy said:

Can confirm light snow flurries falling at Wanstead park I am on my way to Upton Park from Walthamstow on the train. Stopped at Wanstead Park and yes for sure snow flurries but light. 

The beginning and the end of the cold spell, the SSW did you proud.😜

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 minutes ago, E17boy said:

That sums up the story for this SSW see what the coming week throws at us no hopes though 😊

It looks a total waste of 2381 posts in the MOD thread😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Some snow showing up on gfs 12z 48 hour chart .

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Map

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Chart, Plot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It looks a total waste of 2381 posts in the MOD thread😂

It’s been entertaining though. If rather painful. 
The rule still stands, never get on board until Exeter are. 

• Like 2