Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
29 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, some decent rain over the last couple of hours. It'll be interesting to check actuals tomorrow, but I suspect the Arpege rainfall forecast I posted could be a bust.

It sounds glorious! Don't get me wrong, I love a long, hot summer but we do need a good bit of rain. If only some storms came out if it *sigh*.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

This rain is a blessing i don't care what anyone says, the ground has been really dry here even though the country has been under low pressure.

I've quite enjoyed this summer so far, just hope we can have a bit of warmth again.

• Like 3

Posted

One year ago today, local max temperature 28.9C. Today's max - 19.2C

The rain is very welcome though - 7mm today so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Finally have a little noticeable rain falling now. Only noticeable if standing outside though. Might wet the floor at some point, may be.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Barely any rain here today despite radar showing big blue area over me most of the day! Wind really picked up this afternoon and still blowing now. Tomorrow's wind could be erm, interesting (and a little worrying if it reaches the gusts forecast)

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, MAF said:

well seeing as it's my birffday today, i might take a cheeky trip to the pub on my way home 😛 😄 

Happy birthday!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

First day of work finished 😃.

Well done! Where have you got a job?

It’s so hard for under 18’s to get a job these days. My son had a trial as a kitchen assistant at a restaurant and they messed him about, finally got them to pay him for the 8 hours of trial he did. Now he’s got another trial with the Folkestone Harbour company tomorrow so fingers crossed for that!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
19 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Well done! Where have you got a job?

At the local pub, was hard to get a job elsewhere because people generally want to employ 18+ year olds but the local pub landlord was nice so we knew I wouldn't get messed around by them. The chef's are nice and helpful and the food smells nice so you won't get a bad smell from the job, I think I'm lucky to get a job inside a fairly soundproof room with the chef's and me the dishwasher (and sometimes potato peeler) because it means we can put on a Spotify playlist full of rock and not disturb the people eating and drinking. Fingers crossed for your son's trial with Folkestone Harbour.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

It feels like I have woken up in September here. Sunny, gusty and cool. I am not sure I can remember a July like this. 

• Like 2

Posted
On 14/07/2023 at 11:27, Reefseeker said:

Not looking forward to driving to my mother's in the west country tomorrow. It looks as if we'll have some strong gusts to contend with all the way from Surbiton, across Salisbury Plain and out the other side towards Frome. 

Just arrived in Midsomer Norton and didn't do too badly. A very heavy squall around Guildford at 10.15, then a handful more as we progressed past Alton and from there across Salisbury Plain. Many roads were completely dry and out of nowhere sheets of rain would  arrive covering the windscreen. Elsewhere huge puddles were under clear blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Warm and sunny here, 21c but very windy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Freeze said:

Warm and sunny here, 21c but very windy.

Same, we've had a couple of very short lived convective type rain shower, they've not done much yet, assuming what to our west migrates this way during the day though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Same, we've had a couple of very short lived convective type rain shower, they've not done much yet, assuming what to our west migrates this way during the day though.

Same here. We reached the dizzying heights of 22C at midday! 😃

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

At the local pub, was hard to get a job elsewhere because people generally want to employ 18+ year olds but the local pub landlord was nice so we knew I wouldn't get messed around by them. The chef's are nice and helpful and the food smells nice so you won't get a bad smell from the job, I think I'm lucky to get a job inside a fairly soundproof room with the chef's and me the dishwasher (and sometimes potato peeler) because it means we can put on a Spotify playlist full of rock and not disturb the people eating and drinking. Fingers crossed for your son's trial with Folkestone Harbour.

Oh mate no good sitting behind bar talking about qbo ..el nino ..jet streams ..hurricanes, supercells the art of convection ...but your give them the  run down  i know ..all the best fella 👍 

• Like 1

Posted

Its gorgeous with hot sun and wind ... just hold on to the table cloth if your outside or double peg the gazebo...other than that its lovely here 

Could contain:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just had a thunderstorm sweep through here. The windy really got up and I do expect some damage in places because we were talking 50-60mph gusts as the storm arrived.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.

To be honest @Captain Shortwaveit's not that unusual for us to have July gales as its been done before.    

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Has been as windy here as I thought it would be, had a couple of bigger gusts but otherwise just a breezy day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I've been to the Hadleigh Cricket Club game this pm and whilst there was plenty of sunshine to enjoy the wind was extremely gusty. Me and friends were constantly having to grab glasses to stop them being blown off the table! Even empty chairs kept sliding across the terrace when the occupants went to the bar. Here's the wind gusts situation at 18.00 today courtesy of Starlings Roost Weather . Current top of leaderboard is Weybourne, Norfolk, at 54 mph:

WindGusts15Jul23at18_00.thumb.jpg.3df32014e825818f0d93272693fc9d16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Has been as windy here as I thought it would be, had a couple of bigger gusts but otherwise just a breezy day.

Much windier now than earlier, but as the showers have stayed away, so have any dangerous gusts that might be with them 

Posted

Really windy this afternoon, but with warm sunshine and blue sky.

The Goodwood Festival of Speed was cancelled today - the first time since it started 30 years ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

A thoroughly miserable autumnal evening, really grim for mid-July. Winds easing a touch now but has been very gusty all afternoon. Such an odd summer, July has swapped with June. House starting to feel distinctly cool now after several cloudy cool days. Grim 👎