Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just 0.2mm from a shower this morning bringing the monthly total to a whopping 0.6mm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah, again it missed here, all my water butts are empty, and I am having to water every other day or lose plants / shrubs. It's going to the wire but it is looking more likely now to be completely void of measurable rain here, even in to August.

The forecasts have been pretty poor for the last couple of weeks (apart from the predicted two day heatwave) so I wouldn't lose hope. XC Weather predicted no rain in my area for the last few days, for instance. The synoptic charts for Thursday offer a glimmer of hope, a wide expanse of unstable air over the UK could offer precipitation for some, esp. if the sun comes out.

Posted
11 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I've just got my badge for logging in for 365 days in a row. Never knew one existed lol

image.png.6c1ac8b2a7e67ccb67c4b3d333f76b7d.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
12 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I've just got my badge for logging in for 365 days in a row. Never knew one existed lol

Me too woop woop 😅

• Like 2

Posted
48 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Me too woop woop 😅

We be addicts LOL! I am feeling somewhat disappointed though ... Can' you afford real badges Paul?! I want one in the post - Hmph!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

Me too woop woop 😅

image.png.ac3d9bc02dd266d98293192321df5970.png

@*Stormforce~beka* @MP-R Once Netweather have managed to save enough gold tops, your badges will be posted I'm sure

image.thumb.png.2de4f0dce63d5b5bb751c0b66edc2013.png

PS. Ignore the scratches, they are third hand

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

Right, so on with another cloudy yet uneventful (well apart from our 365 day old stars), no rain, not even a hope of any rain, me garden is beating me, plants are dying, having just spent another 60 on stocking up after loosing one load, I am relauctant to put them in the ground as there's so little hope for any rain for them to get a hold one planted.

Ho hum, yet channel side wise an improvement...

image.thumb.png.d60ec4d4ea91ccd100d27f63f384e298.png

The overnight low of 11.7°C at: 03:50, has managed to climb slowly up to 21.9°C at: 11:53, having now dropped back because of cloud.

image.thumb.png.e7ef83db6f43085d18a7558d52c87bbf.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not far off a typical summer day here, maxing out at 22.7 with plenty of sunshine.

A lovely if fresh evening and clear sky that will no doubt be cloudy by the morning…

• Thanks 1

Posted
14 hours ago, MP-R said:

Not far off a typical summer day here, maxing out at 22.7 with plenty of sunshine.

A lovely if fresh evening and clear sky that will no doubt be cloudy by the morning…

YUP!

A single digit low overnight of 8.7°C at: 06:05, currently 18.6°C, RH75% and a 7mph light breeze from the south, with what appears to be a layer breaking St and some Cu to the south over the channel, metar reports "Scattered clouds at a height of 1800 ft"

Meanwhile from above

image.thumb.png.930b5daff93826ded44c32b86c2c1242.png

And at Sea level

image.thumb.png.97dca804c0de7bd01c16245be914e51b.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
17 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Thick cloud and 18. Up there with my worst type of weather. Please at least let me see sun!

Breaking through here, shadowcasts visible down at the beach and here..

Capture.thumb.JPG.f746f1079e20fd70c09db130073ff9ae.JPG

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Hazy sun today. There was rain moving in but it's fallen apart as it hits the higher pressure.

Wish I had a decent badge. Maybe I'll get one for longevity? It'll be 10 years of forum membership next month. Living in hope.

Posted
23 minutes ago, dr weather said:

Hazy sun today. There was rain moving in but it's fallen apart as it hits the higher pressure.

Wish I had a decent badge. Maybe I'll get one for longevity? It'll be 10 years of forum membership next month. Living in hope.

@dr weatherSome sad news I'm afraid, as the this Group has spent it's badge allocation on 365day longevity awards, there only 35p left in the kitty for you, but despair not, it's an honour to post with such distinguished individuals. Just for you an early badge..

image.png.c8e6ca0c3d884dd3c819745b7cb7155e.png

Oh and to celebrate, the sun has gone in again, and.. we managed to just get in to the 20's...20.3°C at: 13:29

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

@dr weatherSome sad news I'm afraid, as the this Group has spent it's badge allocation on 365day longevity awards, there only 35p left in the kitty for you, but despair not, it's an honour to post with such distinguished individuals. Just for you an early badge..

image.png.c8e6ca0c3d884dd3c819745b7cb7155e.png

Oh and to celebrate, the sun has gone in again, and.. we managed to just get in to the 20's...20.3°C at: 13:29

Thank you! I suppose I should respect my current green badge as it's eco-friendly. Your badge is definitely more representative of my lawn, though. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy most of the day but the sun did come out for a while. Saw there were a few showers around not far away but nothing doing here again. Reached 20.9°C

Posted
10 hours ago, dr weather said:

You got no chance I been here since 2004 LOL!!

• Like 1

Posted

Gloomy today. I had thought earlier in the week that it could be a day of heavy showers but there's not much sun poking through at the moment to stir things up. Maybe someone will get a spot of rain.

Posted

Morning All, a mild night with the low of 13.8°C at: 05:17, currently 20.3°C, RH71%, and a 10mph breeze from the SE, with patchy Cu. Keeping an eye on two small patches of rain running off Dartmoor and heading towards Exeter, that MIGHT, eventually break the month long duck of no measurable rainfall...hmmmm

From above

image.thumb.png.ffe56998dbf29a494f5c3ba7f31b1806.png

Meanwhile at sea level at lot cloudier, and the brisk SE creating some white rollers..

image.thumb.png.82a3f13fa0dd9b67ea0bbb0ca57f95e0.png

• Like 2

Posted

Some sun finally breaking through up here. I'm hoping it my fuel some showers but probably living in dreamland. Water butt back down to empty after the intensive watering of the last few days. 😞

• Like 1

Posted

My boy’s 6th birthday, of the seven 28th Julys he’s been with us today was the warmest at 23.6c max!

It was a lovely warm bright day, but this date is proving to be something of an enigma temperature wise.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

My boy’s 6th birthday, of the seven 28th Julys he’s been with us today was the warmest at 23.6c max!

It was a lovely warm bright day, but this date is proving to be something of an enigma temperature wise.

Happy Birthday Master Bown. 🎂

Nice evening here. Looking decent enough for the weekend. 🤞🏽

• Thanks 1

Posted

Morning All, ..."tiz sunny this mornin' ere"...after an overnight low of 11.2°C at: 05:41, currently 18.2°C, RH73% and light air movement from the E.

From above

image.thumb.png.7fd287124475e51626417f2948247df8.png

At Sea level

image.thumb.png.36aeaa50bbfd65bd5aae24cacd1a320a.png

Hah, what is this I see, the "duck" breaker?

image.thumb.png.c0ebcb924b337c6c5b2892dc954b0c68.png  Nah surely not..

By 09:25

image.thumb.png.0c971dbb35a859f374ae423648cfcc22.png

By 09:35

image.thumb.png.446ed152bf503cd548d43463091eb688.png......GONE....evaporated

Damn, was even visible from above, just before it evaporated...

image.png.917c28f376ae6bc981a2a27100ad346a.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1