Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
4 hours ago, Stormyking said:

Thank you very much! It was an extremely dark and tough place to be in before it all started (Alcohol Addiction), being told by doctors and multiple other medical people not being aloud to stop on my own was too dangerous due to extremely high seizure risk etc was unbelievably scary! But am just so thankful and grateful of all the incredible help and new tools I've been taught and can re enjoy life again!

Anyway report from yesterday: It was another beautiful and very warm day, the Morning was again cloudless, though high thin cloud did move in again by the Afternoon along with a sea breeze that picked up. By the Evening some more extensive cloud pushed in of Cirrus, Cirrostratus and Alto Cumulus.
Max Temperature 25.3'c
Min Temperature 15.1'c
Average 20.6'c

This Morning is another warm and fine start to the day though there is a lot more high cloud around making the sun rather hazy. Current Temperature is 22.1'c

I'm proud of you! It takes a lot to face demons. And it's a strong life lesson and experience. It will hold you in good stead. I could have easily gone down that route with past traumas myself. My "chosen" method of self destruction was cutting myself off from the world. Go no where - see no one - keep safe. Which isn't a way to live your life! So still trying integrate myself into society as it were! I still don't feel safe around people but meh - lifes lesson! It sound slike that scary news was the kick that you need to help you though - to realise just how serious it is. It takes getting to rock bottom to face it sometimes. I have your back jack. One of my friends had an alcohol adidction and ended up in prison over it. He has just come out not long back and is starting up a business as a painter/decorator. He is reformed. Took a course when inside to build himself up. xx

3 hours ago, dr weather said:

Overcast here. For me, it's a nice break from the sun as I usually run and walk in the middle hours of the day so the overhead sun at this time of year can be a tough on the constitution for a person of my advanced years (53).

Some fairly decent echoes on the radar out in the Irish Sea, but again I doubt that any rain will make it to these shores.

You need an umbrella with an inbuilt sprinkler system! You might look a bit daft but would feel good!

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

What, since when was 53 advanced years, you are in your prime years, I recently retired (post retirement age) now I'm in my "advanced" years, not that I run in the heat of the day or any other time (never could run, probably missing a Neolithic gene or something!)

How old are you? I get scared about getting old tbh. Although one person told me they felt better when older then when they were 40 as they were constantly knackered from running around after kids. I can only hope that is true.

1 hour ago, lettice said:

Still a full cloud cover here.
Just hit 26c

Same here but hit 30.2 again! Imagine what it would be without the cloud! Feels more humid to me today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
6 hours ago, dr weather said:

Some fairly decent echoes on the radar out in the Irish Sea, but again I doubt that any rain will make it to these shores.

Well, I was wrong, it's been raining here for about 15 minutes now.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 16.08.49.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Several cloudscapes today showed rain falling but virtually nothing reached the ground. Long train journey on Monday to York, hope the aircon is working well!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm going to call it - I don't see 30°C happening here. UKV only showing 24°C for Sunday, Monday 26°C.

The only thing that looks interesting, is the minimum temp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Good Morning all

Tuesday 12th July (Yesterday): Another very very warm day though there was a lot more cloud around. The Morning saw mostly high cloud, making the sun hazy. During the Afternoon mid level cloud moved in and there was even the spot of rain briefly, though most of any showers around didn't even reach the ground. Despite the cloud it was very muggy.
Max Temperature: 28.1'c  Min Temperature: 19.5'c  Average: 23.1'c

This Morning is an exceptional warm start, there is a fair amount of mid to high level cloud around which again is making the sun hazy. It was also a warm and muggy night with a low of 19.5'c again
Temperature is 27.4'c but we did hit 28.0 about 10 minutes ago. 

Posted

Some good spells of sunshine now. The air is feeling a lot warmer than a few days ago, despite the higher temps. As soon as the sun makes an appearance, the temp rockets. Currently 27.9°C.

Posted

Well it was a mere 27°C here a couple of hours ago. But then the sun came out and it's peaked (I think) at 30.2. Phew what a(nother) scorcher. Settled back to 29.1, minimum was 18.3.

Edited by DaveL
Update

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Only peaked at 27.8 in cloudy Winchester!

Had you busted today 29.2°C at: 14:28

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Only peaked at 27.8 in cloudy Winchester!

SNAP

Reached 27.8°C here too. Thanks to the breeze coming from inland it was actually a few degrees warmer than the rest of the week so far here. 

Edited by matt111
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Luckily my max of 30.2°C was verified by the Met Office official site at Fleetlands (Gosport/Fareham boundary) this afternoon - they recorded 30.1, highest in the UK at the time reported.

Except for me, of course! 😉

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Good Morning

Wednesday 13th July:  A very warm day once again, there was quite a lot of mid to high level cloud on and off throughout, which made the sun hazy for much of the day. Some mid level cumulus did also go up towards the end of the day which produce the odd very light shower in the odd localise spot on the island.
Max Temperature: 28.1'c
Min Temperature: 19.5'c
Average: 23.0

This Morning is lovely and sunny, it is also a tad cooler too with a breeze making things feel pleasant. Overnight low was also a bit cool at 15.4'c. Current Temperature 22.3'c

Edited by Stormyking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Temps have been revised upward all week. 
As high as 36 around these parts. 7E702AF8-2316-4714-B2FD-79A7F688C0FD.thumb.png.ba9ec308a4481cbeee7f6f59b9af221b.png

Posted
On 12/07/2022 at 13:55, *Stormforce~beka* said:

How old are you? I get scared about getting old tbh. Although one person told me they felt better when older then when they were 40 as they were constantly knackered from running around after kids. I can only hope that is true.

I'm not sure! It changed again today, so I am having issues in keeping track🎉🎉

As my Tshirts say...

T1.thumb.JPG.a8a49c8753721035878b35ec2dcfae18.JPGT2.thumb.JPG.f48be72593a34038c8373b74a6151b70.JPG

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

Stardate 20220714, Captain log: After the super moon had completed it's transition across the visible area as seen from the planet earth, area under a heat watch continue to feel the effects, with overnight temperatures in some places falling to 12.3°C at: 06:13, temperatures so often seen in pre "Climate warned period" of the Earth's history. Daily skies remain clear of a once so common occurrence, clouds, which often aided in the prevention of rising day time temperatures which are today a very cool 24.4°C, with the humidity (of the little soil borne moisture that's left) 44%, and a 10mph breeze generated by atmospheric warming at a low 10mph from a northerly direction, with the occasional dust devil in desert areas.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted
14 hours ago, viking_smb said:

love your garden 

Thank you.

Quite lucky to have a decent sized garden, which I've split in two. I've done a huge amount of work over the last few years, most of it unnecessary, but I keep coming up with new ideas every time spring arrives. 😅

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

I'm not sure! It changed again today, so I am having issues in keeping track🎉🎉

As my Tshirts say...

T1.thumb.JPG.a8a49c8753721035878b35ec2dcfae18.JPGT2.thumb.JPG.f48be72593a34038c8373b74a6151b70.JPG

Oooh many happy returns of the day! God knows what those returns are ... Your a recycled teenager 😉 Brilliant T-Shirts!

Have you got a cake? Did you get any nice pressies? I always write a list of what I want. I don't mind the odd surprise - in fact it's nice to have surprises - but I don't like nothing at all that I want. My mum is classic of going into poundland and getting me tons of tatt. I would rather that she just used the culumative amount and brought me a good book from my I want list or something! We tend to chose our own birthday cake from marks and spencers too! Yummy good with that raspberry filing! At least the weather is good for you! Now go dip your toesies in the sea ...

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Thank you.

Quite lucky to have a decent sized garden, which I've split in two. I've done a huge amount of work over the last few years, most of it unnecessary, but I keep coming up with new ideas every time spring arrives. 😅

We need you to walk us round with a video so we can see it in full. Pop a video on ...

• Like 2