Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Bright and warm morning with a nice breeze, that front is just starting to push in now with the odd bit of leading cumulus obscuring the sun. There's rain on the rear side of the front according to the radar but almost zero chance of that reaching us I would say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

High cloud taking the strength out of the sun now. Temp has also plateaued at 29. Can always count on cloud to spoil play when it matters…

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
25 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Slow down! That'll get you points on your license for a 20 zone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Didn't you do well?

Didn't I just! So did my daughter ... her temperature topped out at 39.5c! So had us off to drs for an emergency appointment. One dose and Amoxicillin and a antibiotic ear spray later ... Fingers crossed all is well for us going away on Friday!! Hi Matt ... i'm waving to you ...

Posted

Didn’t feel like it, but finally reached the magic 30 today. High cloud was a bit of a nuisance at times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Reached 24.7°C here but I was in Southampton all afternoon and it was certainly warmer than that there. 

Posted

Max 29.5C here on Monday in the sunny VP2 screen and 28.6 in  the permanently shaded north wall screen. Noticeably hotter than lettice had in Gosport but we are 8 miles NW (closer to Southampton) and much less affected by coastal breezes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
20 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

YAY! Welcome back!! Congratulations on your detox! It's damn hard to face lifes demons but worth it. We only have one life and we are solely responsible of the direction it goes in. We can't control circumstances and other peoples toxicity but we can build coping tool boxes to help ourselves. Lots of love to you Xx

Thank you very much! It was an extremely dark and tough place to be in before it all started (Alcohol Addiction), being told by doctors and multiple other medical people not being aloud to stop on my own was too dangerous due to extremely high seizure risk etc was unbelievably scary! But am just so thankful and grateful of all the incredible help and new tools I've been taught and can re enjoy life again!

Anyway report from yesterday: It was another beautiful and very warm day, the Morning was again cloudless, though high thin cloud did move in again by the Afternoon along with a sea breeze that picked up. By the Evening some more extensive cloud pushed in of Cirrus, Cirrostratus and Alto Cumulus.
Max Temperature 25.3'c
Min Temperature 15.1'c
Average 20.6'c

This Morning is another warm and fine start to the day though there is a lot more high cloud around making the sun rather hazy. Current Temperature is 22.1'c

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Overcast here. For me, it's a nice break from the sun as I usually run and walk in the middle hours of the day so the overhead sun at this time of year can be a tough on the constitution for a person of my advanced years (53).

Some fairly decent echoes on the radar out in the Irish Sea, but again I doubt that any rain will make it to these shores.

• Thanks 1

Posted

A very warm night... no lower than 19 degrees. Cloudy today though and... ugh... a few spots of rain recently!

Posted
12 minutes ago, dr weather said:

Overcast here. For me, it's a nice break from the sun as I usually run and walk in the middle hours of the day so the overhead sun at this time of year can be a tough on the constitution for a person of my advanced years (53).

Some fairly decent echoes on the radar out in the Irish Sea, but again I doubt that any rain will make it to these shores.

What, since when was 53 advanced years, you are in your prime years, I recently retired (post retirement age) now I'm in my "advanced" years, not that I run in the heat of the day or any other time (never could run, probably missing a Neolithic gene or something!)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, a warm night gives the temperatures, even under partly cloudy skies, a bit a kick start. The overnight low of 15.6°C at: 04:44, has managed to climb to 26.7°C, RH61 %, Humidex 33.2°C, with a 1-2mph light air movement.

From above the cloud layer

image.thumb.png.4d379b4d622774de9f30f18094f8eb33.png

Under the cloud

image.thumb.png.747ec3e9b40ba2e977dc901e7bb3394c.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

A few spots reaching  the ground . Had a few here.

Posted

Cloudy but v warm.

Lightest of showers earlier, whilst we were at The Wave, sat outside with a coffee and millionaire's shortbread. Nice chill out place for a couple of hours, if you're in the area anytime.

• Like 1