Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

What looked like the perfect week, has now changed. A lot of cloud around. Weds/Thurs could be cloudy all day. 

Yesterday had a lot of cloud, and cloud is building up again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fourth beautiful day on the trot. A few more like this and we’ll almost have made up for the late June / early July naffness.

Lowest humidity of the year too today at 26%.

Posted
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

26.7 ... On the up nicely

Unlikely to catch you today as we have a lovely cooling breeze in from the channel..25.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

With more of a breeze the temperatures “struggling” here today with it only reaching 21.7°C not long ago. It’s actually felt a bit disappointing here, not cold of course but the breeze is actually quite strong at the moment. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, R Alto said:

Delicate Alto Floccus mark the passage of another high summer day.

20220710_210402.jpg

There's been quite a few "spotty" clouds here this evening.

Posted
15 minutes ago, R Alto said:

Delicate Alto Floccus mark the passage of another high summer day.

20220710_210402.jpg

Beautiful aren’t they, I missed the best sunset colour but they’re covering most of the sky at the moment.

04CC7474-6055-4338-8A21-F5F4A117A8BF.jpeg

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

There's been quite a few "spotty" clouds here this evening.

Like scattered sheep or paper. I imagine that the Latin for Floccus refers to sheep? Probably..

Posted
9 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Beautiful aren’t they, I missed the best sunset colour but they’re covering most of the sky at the moment.

04CC7474-6055-4338-8A21-F5F4A117A8BF.jpeg

They certainly are, turning purple, blue and red in the last half hour.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, R Alto said:

They certainly are, turning purple, blue and red in the last half hour.

There's more turning up now!

Would make a nice picture if it was closer to the direction of the moon.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Good Morning

Its been a long time away after having to sort myself out and get my life back, enduring a detox for 10 days back at the end of March into April and then completing just over 3 months of rehab at Kenward Trust in Yalding Kent near Maidstone. I can happily say iI'm back in the weather theme properly and can't wait to enjoy it all once again like I always used to!

Anyway yesterday was a lovely and very warm day, the Morning was cloudless with light winds. High thin cloud developed by early Afternoon in wispy cirrus form, along with a pleasant sea breeze that picked up as well. This high cloud did clear by late Afternoon/early Evening though. Max Temperature was 26.1'c
                              Min Temperature was 15.2'c
                              Average 20.4'c

Today is another beautiful Morning with cloudless skies and light winds.
Current Temperature 22.0'c
Overnight Low 15.1'c

• Like 6

Posted

Morning All, NOW this is when you know you are heading to a heatwave.

Overnight OUTSIDE low 11.9°C at: 05:35

Overnight INSIDE low 25.3°C at: 05:37 

Meanwhile, the sky is clear the temperatures are on a roll, currently 25.1°C (still cooler outside than inside the house), RH54%, and light air movement of 3mph

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Good Morning

Its been a long time away after having to sort myself out and get my life back, enduring a detox for 10 days back at the end of March into April and then completing just over 3 months of rehab at Kenward Trust in Yalding Kent near Maidstone. I can happily say iI'm back in the weather theme properly and can't wait to enjoy it all once again like I always used to!

Anyway yesterday was a lovely and very warm day, the Morning was cloudless with light winds. High thin cloud developed by early Afternoon in wispy cirrus form, along with a pleasant sea breeze that picked up as well. This high cloud did clear by late Afternoon/early Evening though. Max Temperature was 26.1'c
                              Average 20.4'c

Overnight Low 15.1'c

Good to have you back with us...

• Like 1

Posted

Most of the hottest days I record have a SE wind blowing off Salisbury Plain. It didn’t happen on the Friday several weeks ago, however the SE breeze has just begun to pick up.

Rising rapidly at 25.8c now.

Posted

Another clear blue sky day.
Low of 16.5c at 5:15am
Now, 24.5c, light SSE winds from an early morning NE.

Also, had some interesting clouds yesterday evening;

odd clouds 10th july.jpg

Posted
2 hours ago, Stormyking said:

Good Morning

Average 20.4'c

Overnight Low 15.1'c

YAY! Welcome back!! Congratulations on your detox! It's damn hard to face lifes demons but worth it. We only have one life and we are solely responsible of the direction it goes in. We can't control circumstances and other peoples toxicity but we can build coping tool boxes to help ourselves. Lots of love to you Xx

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

YAY! Welcome back!! Congratulations on your detox! It's damn hard to face lifes demons but worth it. We only have one life and we are solely responsible of the direction it goes in. We can't control circumstances and other peoples toxicity but we can build coping tool boxes to help ourselves. Lots of love to you Xx

That's sorta what I said in a "Manly" way, seriously Beka is right, it is damn difficult, but look to a great team on here to be with you all the way..

20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

26.9°C.

27.1°C at: 12:14

Oh and @*Stormforce~beka* is currently hitting the mark at 28.8°C (Typical give you a slight southerly breeze and you run amok!)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
52 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

That's sorta what I said in a "Manly" way, seriously Beka is right, it is damn difficult, but look to a great team on here to be with you all the way..

27.1°C at: 12:14

Oh and @*Stormforce~beka* is currently hitting the mark at 28.8°C (Typical give you a slight southerly breeze and you run amok!)

Tehehe we've passed that dude! Sitting at 29.2 and rising! Totally gonna smash that 30 today.

I have a child with an ear infection and a high fever too so this is all we need! ...

Posted

So fair hair..fair skin...gardener as a job..fishing as a hobby..tricky times in this heat.Im lucky though as many friends have to work outdoors regardless of conditions.Health more important than money so am trying to be sensible....not my strong point lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
9 minutes ago, jy said:

So fair hair..fair skin...gardener as a job..fishing as a hobby..tricky times in this heat.Im lucky though as many friends have to work outdoors regardless of conditions.Health more important than money so am trying to be sensible....not my strong point lol

Likewise ... I'm of Irish stock: by mid-summer I have just about turned white from blue. Next stop red. Then back to white, and blue again, usually by November.

• Like 1