Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
19 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Feels like I'm getting up in the middle of the night again, totally dark out.  Last night's min 8°C,  that's not too cold considering the clear skies last night. 

Yes, darker mornings very noticeable now as days really start to shorten. A similar overnight low here, 8.3C, so a little cooler again than last night. However, min temp was reached around four hours ago. Cloudy now which has resulted in the temperature rising towards dawn, currently 11.6C.

• Like 7

Posted

Cloudy and dry here, with signs of it brightening up, as happened yesterday.

To our plane spotters - I'm sure I'm in a minority in saying that I once flew on Concorde from Manchester. A Sunday morning in December 1991 and a beautiful winter's day, thank goodness. A two hour supersonic flight across the North Sea, up to Scotland and then back over the Lake District, with the mountains in full view, and past my home in Blackpool. As we came into Manchester Airport, some football matches were taking place beneath us, and we could see all games coming to a halt as players and spectators took the opportunity to witness a rare sight. Cost an arm and a leg to travel but wouldn't have missed it for the world!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

I'll just leave this here.

prectypeuktopo.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not a bad day painting summerhouse ,caught a glimpse of her Majesty’s C17 must of been a low flight path 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
57 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Not a bad day painting summerhouse ,caught a glimpse of her Majesty’s C17 must of been a low flight path 

23000ft apart from take off and landing.

Just been for a drive to exercise the old Galaxy and went to Torside. 

The reservoir which is used for sailing is about 14 to 15 feet down 

20220914_132054.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
40 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

23000ft apart from take off and landing.

Just been for a drive to exercise the old Galaxy and went to Torside. 

The reservoir which is used for sailing is about 14 to 15 feet down 

20220914_132054.jpg

Torside and the Longdendale resers have been so low for quite a while… I was shocked when I saw them at the beginning of August… I’m sure the months of endless rain will come eventually ☔☔☔☔️ 

early tea homemade pork chilli from freezer then off to City vs Dortmund ⚽⚽⚽⚽️ this evening…

All packed for Lisbon 🇵🇹 tomorrow ✈️ long weekend away temps recovering to 27-32c Friday-Tuesday 🏖 ☀️ 😎 

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Scuba steve said:

image.png.5510886512298b0661e179a84d5ab467.png

• Like 7

Posted
20 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Saw BOE160 Fly right overhead… 👌👍

image.thumb.png.a61ff9249b966b82a69462b5df238c96.pngimage.thumb.png.e96c153e9834ff948af616f451cc6b92.png

5 hours 5 minutes to see it land and 4 hours 16 m 48 sec for the C17 fly over.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Will it won't it - the sun I mean!

Yes it will in my location.

• Like 5

Posted
get-static-map?data=Y2xpZW50PWdtZS1mbGln
FR24.COM

View flight from Brize Norton to Gibraltar on Flightradar24

Went to RAF Leeming. I only noticed it from the sound as i was bringing the washing in.

Washing is still damp so the sun didn't really get to work. Back to indoor drying.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
26 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A rarity in this warm year, a period of below average temps ahead, quite a bit so as well, expected highs 13-15 degrees, and mins 4-8 degree range, take the mean value of 14 and 6 degrees and you have a return of 10 degrees, some 4-5 degrees below average mid Sept mean. 

Yes Saturday morning in particular looking a bit chilly. Some of us in more frost prone spots could very well have an air frost or at the least close to it. The only fly in the ointment I see is cloud cover, wind looking calm or very light. I do wonder if the sluggish Atlantic could usher us into a more sustained colder than normal period. That's it I've jinxed it now. Somethings got to give though because we was so unlucky last year with that area of HP parked to our south most of Winter. It could have been a cold winter otherwise.

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes Saturday morning in particular looking a bit chilly. Some of us in more frost prone spots could very well have an air frost or at the least close to it. The only fly in the ointment I see is cloud cover, wind looking calm or very light. I do wonder if the sluggish Atlantic could usher us into a more sustained colder than normal period. That's it I've jinxed it now. Somethings got to give though because we was so unlucky last year with that area of HP parked to our south most of Winter. It could have been a cold winter otherwise.

And now the utilities have gone sky high, its more or less nailed on to be a cold winter.

• Like 8

Posted
9 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Certainly an air frost possible jn prone spots, Shap for instance. Much will depend on cloud cover, but the air will be cold enough. We recorded -3 degrees 23 Sept 2012 under a similiar synoptic.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It stayed mostly cloudy here for much of today. The sun did try and break through a couple of hours ago but to no avail. Quite heavy cloud cover right now, so I shouldn't think it will get as cool as last night unless we get some significant breaks in the cloud.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not as much sunshine here as yesterday but it was still a lovely days weather although with a definite cooler feel out of the sunshine.

Unlike recent times, autumn looks to have arrived early this year.

• Like 6

Posted

Fire in centre of Glossop tonight

City on fire at the Etihad too.

• Like 5

Posted
11 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Fire in centre of Glossop tonight

City on fire at the Etihad too.

Left at 6pm to get to stadium at 7pm.. turned past corner cupboard pub on high street all traffic lights out smoke coming out of hyssops… fire engines police and road cordoned off… lookslike carpet place and bargain booze copped it too… electricity been out on high street until 9/10pm…. 
Froends know the owners of hyssops feel so sorry for them… great owner, chefs and staff 😢 

As for football first 80 minutes I’ll never get back 😂🤣 80-84 th minutes ⚽⚽️ Super stones goal & Haaland goal ⚽⚽

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

No surprise given the many weeks of low rainfall that our reservoir levels are still falling with a regional average of 
45% and Pennine ones at just over 37%, barely half of this time last year.

One positive would be that domestic usage will have dropped off as the high temperatures of last month have dropped away but with no signs of a major pattern change and, apart from the odd storm, mainly light rain and drizzle over the last couple of weeks, there is little chance of the levels increasing substantially in the near term.

In fairness to UU, they have resisted the need for restrictions but anything short of a wet winter and we could enter next summer in a more serious situation.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Chilly morning ,very bright meteor  last night over Irish Sea I’m sure I could hear it ,lol

• Like 4