Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Cool uppers moving in now. Current temp 15.3 degrees and feels cool despite good sunny breaks. Chilly night ahead.

Just been out doing work on the car and once the cloud cover blocked the sun, I was tempted to get a sweatshirt on. 🥶

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Pleasant in the sun as said but nippy with the intermittent cloud a chilly evening coming 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It turned into a brighter day today after a cloudy start with plenty of sunshine this afternoon. A chilly night to come tonight and perhaps the chance of a slight frost if skies can remain clear enough.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Off to Lisbon 🇵🇹✈️☀️🍻😎 hour delay but hey ho… brought in chillies/peppers/tomatoes as thought there might be chance of frost over weekend… sunny at Manchester airport 

30FF1FF8-B83F-4EA3-A7AA-BF2C25829333.jpeg

Enjoy yourselves although it looks like you’ve already started😂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Certainly a chilly feel to things coming up, well you can feel it now with this clear fresh air that's arrived. Next to no pollution sourced from a northerly. Probably no rain in the forecast for a week by the looks of things. Still the chance of a frost in prone spots over the next couple of mornings but this depends on cloud cover. But it's very useable to do outdoors stuff tidying up ready for the Winter without breaking into a sweat or going for walks.... not muddy!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Certainly a chilly feel to things coming up, well you can feel it now with this clear fresh air that's arrived. Next to no pollution sourced from a northerly. Probably no rain in the forecast for a week by the looks of things. Still the chance of a frost in prone spots over the next couple of mornings but this depends on cloud cover. But it's very useable to do outdoors stuff tidying up ready for the Winter without breaking into a sweat or going for walks.... not muddy!

Aye I think that’s my plan for the weekend, certainly Sunday will be a tidy the garden day although Saturday may be a public transport wander into Manchester for a few beers and a bite to eat.

• Like 7

Posted

The temperature has not got as low as I thought it might here, currently 8.1C. Perhaps there was more cloud cover in the night. A nice view of Jupiter in the Western sky though right now.

• Like 6

Posted

Woke briefly just after 2am, clear sky above, band of cloud out East.  Manchester METAR, min 7°.  Beautiful sunny start here current temp 7°.  All clear over the tops, no sign of fog.

Screenshot_20220916-082927_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Chilly morning at dawn 6c you could see your breath ,lovely walk with the dogs though

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Despite being mostly sunny with fairly light winds it’s just 13°C with 49% humidity at 1pm here. Dew point just 2.5°C! 😮 So it’s feeling more like an early spring day than what you would expect in mid September. Coldest it’s been since April I think.  Not just the chill but also the dryness of the air that’s notable. Last night was another cold and clear night with a low of 6°C. Won’t be long until the first ground frost. Can’t remember a spell like it in mid September before.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Had a short bike ride - and it's nice & sunny. However that wind is really chilly..fortunately I had autumn/ spring base layers on. It's certainly the coolest I can recall being on a September bike ride.....

• Like 8

Posted
41 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Despite being mostly sunny with fairly light winds it’s just 13°C with 49% humidity at 1pm here. Dew point just 2.5°C! 😮 So it’s feeling more like an early spring day than what you would expect in mid September. Coldest it’s been since April I think.  Not just the chill but also the dryness of the air that’s notable. Last night was another cold and clear night with a low of 6°C. Won’t be long until the first ground frost. Can’t remember a spell like it in mid September before.

Yes currently 13.4 degrees here. Humidity 50%. Very dry very clean air, often the case in polar northerly. It feels chilly. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Bang on 5C was the low here, temp was up and down on my graph with passing cloud cover. Chilly wind today but the sun still has just about enough ooomph to feel ok if you are in it and sheltered from the gusty breeze. It'll have to ease off tonight if there's going to be a frost or close to one.

Some interesting charts later in the month. Of course way too early for snow but the chilly charts relative to the time of year keep being churned out. If only this was 2 months down the line. No doubt we'll have a raging PV by then!

gfs-0-336.png?6gfs-1-336.png?6

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Bang on 5C was the low here, temp was up and down on my graph with passing cloud cover. Chilly wind today but the sun still has just about enough ooomph to feel ok if you are in it and sheltered from the gusty breeze. It'll have to ease off tonight if there's going to be a frost or close to one.

Some interesting charts later in the month. Of course way too early for snow but the chilly charts relative to the time of year keep being churned out. If only this was 2 months down the line. No doubt we'll have a raging PV by then!

gfs-0-336.png?6gfs-1-336.png?6

Aye as you say it’s too early for snow, certainly at the altitude anyone lives at but after a predominately warm to hot summer, it would certainly feel cold.

the earliest I can remember snow on the modest height tops here was at the beginning of October sometime in the first half of the 90’s (I really am crap with dates) 

I can also remember a light covering of snow down in the town in early October around 1982 or 83 but really anything before November is unusual, even up here.

Edited by iand61
Change text
  • Like 9

Posted

A lovely day today with plenty of sunshine after a chillier start than previous days, min temp was 6.8C. Certainly the coolest feeling day in a long time today with the wind adding a bit of chill if standing around. Not cool enough for me to ditch shorts and t-shirt yet though. Just been out for an hour's bike ride and perfect conditions for a brisk ride.

• Like 9

Posted

The breeze has largely died away here. Quite still out now with largely clear skies and just a few clouds around, glowing orange/pink from a cracking sunset. Should be a nice starry evening/night. If it can remain clear and the breeze stay away, the temperature should easily get a notch or two lower than last night. 

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

The breeze has largely died away here. Quite still out now with largely clear skies and just a few clouds around, glowing orange/pink from a cracking sunset. Should be a nice starry evening/night. If it can remain clear and the breeze stay away, the temperature should easily get a notch or two lower than last night. 

Yes a possible ground frost for some early hours. Shap may see an air frost. Great sunset, peachy colour skies.

• Like 7