Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Been blue skies and sunshine all day… clear and dewy first thing low of 3c at 7am… warmed to 16c… having windows replaced and painted… nice day for it… tomorrow and Monday aren’t looking as bad as was forecast a few days ago 🤞🤞🤞

Off to France in 4 weeks for three months… can’t wait… still 25-27c atm near Montauban where we’re staying… scouting mission 

Soo.. no Xmas in Glossop Will?

• Like 7

Posted

Nope… French Xmas for us… back first week of February… will be on here and looking at glossop weather… me going away will probably mean the snowiest winter in glossop/ north west 🤣😂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

It was a lovely morning - just getting ready to go out for a bike ride....and now it's clouded over.....

• Like 7

Posted

Beautiful here, east Cheshire.  Considering the sun lacking in strength this time of year, it's certainly radiating some warmth if your directly in it, more than toasty warm in just a fleece, currently 14°.  Mid week next week looks to be a bit like today, mild to warm temps.  Thoughts of snow seem ages away on days like these.  

• Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

It was a lovely morning - just getting ready to go out for a bike ride....and now it's clouded over.....

I went out on my bike about half-an-hour ago and got wet with the first of the afternoon showers. Forecast and could see it coming as I hurriedly made my way home, but not welcome on a bike! 😒

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not the best of days and this mornings drizzle was enough to stop me using early finish Friday to cut the grass, never mind the 30 minutes of heavy stuff as the narrow band came through.

hopefully the clearance shown on the radar will reach here shortly but it looks like the grass will have to wait although at this time of year, daylight and working full time limits my options so hopefully we get less showers than expected tomorrow followed by a dry Sunday.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Nope… French Xmas for us… back first week of February… will be on here and looking at glossop weather… me going away will probably mean the snowiest winter in glossop/ north west 🤣😂

I hope so Will!! Snow Gods of Glossop/NW  hear you 😉 Have a great time in France - I will be going to Spain (home country ) for a week also hopefully during xmas period

18 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Finding October so far as very average and tedious, all just a bit.... and...

Agree... booooring.. but with the hope Nov will deliver some kind of cooler periods

• Like 6

Posted

I almost got caught in the rainy squall-line which passed a hour ago alongside the showers on/off throughout the day, but luckily I did manage to find a clear slot to have a quick look at the Five Wells burial tomb near to Taddington. As the pictures show, we have had some sun today 🙃

1.thumb.jpg.404ca6d8d495cbfb30375f89c847e3f3.jpg2.thumb.jpg.28dd4f257d93cf02bc68658daf00c6d7.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, raul_sbd said:

I hope so Will!! Snow Gods of Glossop/NW  hear you 😉 Have a great time in France - I will be going to Spain (home country ) for a week also hopefully during xmas period

Agree... booooring.. but with the hope Nov will deliver some kind of cooler periods

Despite some chilliness, still waiting for that first 'nip in the air' type day of the new season, and the outlook suggests may take until latter part of October for that to happen. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A day of two halves here. Nice bright start then went gradually downhill since with showery rain, some heavy on and off from about 1pm. Looking further ahead and it looks like we've moved away from a chilly outlook until probably November now. Looking like this month will be another possibly ending up above average temp wise.

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

A day of two halves here. Nice bright start then went gradually downhill since with showery rain, some heavy on and off from about 1pm. Looking further ahead and it looks like we've moved away from a chilly outlook until probably November now. Looking like this month will be another possibly ending up above average temp wise.

Yes looked promising not long ago that second half of October would bring colder than average temps, alas synoptics not played out - the theme of 2022, and despite an amplified flow, the dice has fallen on the side of mild, with cut off low to SW meandering around with no oomph in the jet to kick it NE.. 2022 just seems destined to never bring any cold in!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A sunny morning here, but clouded in for the afternoon with some showery rain at times. A mixed bag this weekend by the looks of it with Sunday looking to be the better of the days.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Morning was a bit cheesy afternoon was usable with some warmth so got some tasks done 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
56 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Irish Sea ice 

image.thumb.png.db00cedb7cccf77c71986fd018c7ad59.png

Gosh I wonder what caused that? Was that still part of the mini ice age? Might be mistaken but apart from inland rivers I don't think the sea froze over even in early or late 2010, if it did certainly not a mile out! The only ice we get these days is from the fridge! 😂. After this summer I might have more luck growing olives and grapes than getting a proper cold spell again!

• Like 7

Posted

Min of 9° before cloud rolled in in the very early hours, could hear the rain hitting the window 2am.  Nasty band of rain out west at the moment soaking western parts of the region, may get a soaking doing mums shopping in a bit.

Edited by Rush2112
Spelling
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Early start for the train from Stalybridge to Wigan Wallgate. 

To the East its a beautiful dawn, to the West its grim

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

First band out rain has passed through here now and headed over the Pennines but it was heavy enough to wake me up as it was bounced against the windows by the wind.

Another area of showers is hard on its heals though so not out of the woods yet but hopefully a drier afternoon coming up followed by a better day tomorrow.

off out later this morning for a buy one get one free offer of an eye test followed by my Covid booster.

just a shame that the third part of the “showing my age” offer,  my flue jab was cancelled at the last minute.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A short spell of heavy rain moved through here first thing, but now largely sunny skies.

• Like 5