Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Here we go, not even 9am and the rapid Cu infill has begun!!

And by 9:40 we’re under 80% cloud cover, the worlds most boring climate strikes again. 

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Are we going to get some bangers/ pyrotechnics tonight? Well I've put my lightning conductor up , so probably jinxed it now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow
29 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Here we go, not even 9am and the rapid Cu infill has begun!!

I know, so annoying isn't it?  Earlier the sky was the most beautiful uniform shade of blue!  Sigh!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Are we going to get some bangers/ pyrotechnics tonight? Well I've put my lightning conductor up , so probably jinxed it now

So, is this what you'll be eating tonight? image.thumb.png.94dc7dc3ba5a2fb5fe65741f07f5fcbc.png

Well the model output recently has been incredibly poor (which has fed through into some poor tv forecasts). Majority of places unlikely to even see 20C both Sunday & Monday now. Large amounts of cloud and clag failing to clear, quite miserable really

Posted

I go by the feel of things. Last summer  by the end of the month of May  it started to feel summer like. and June and July it never felt cold albeit  3/4 days.. This year like most years. The wind just seems like its gonna keep sending in showers and its gonna knock the feeling of warmth on the head.. I just want the high to sit bang over us and the winds too drop. Otherwise it will be constant days of gusts of west  to north west winds making it feel unpleasant. 

Saying that its a nice day here. so can't complain 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Well the model output recently has been incredibly poor (which has fed through into some poor tv forecasts). Majority of places unlikely to even see 20C both Sunday & Monday now. Large amounts of cloud and clag failing to clear, quite miserable really

This showery system is unpredictable, so anything can happen tomorrow. These straight up southerly storms in my experience, are almost always a nowcast situation for details. Some areas could be pretty warm in afternoon sunshine. I'm not making any plans for tomorrow until the morning, and work around whatever the weather is doing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Glorious day here, bright sunshine with a dew clouds interspersed, lovely and warm, ideal for enjoying lunch outside,  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Beautiful day, warm, not hot, light breeze, blue sky...couldn't ask for more, perfect for everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

No! This is the UK we can't get snow, We can't get thunder, we can't get pure blue sky and sun. Your buggered quite frankly!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

A truly beautiful sunny day today. Why oh why do I have to be working

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
33 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Perfect day today.. another few months of this please (unlikely) but we live in hope 

Oh please don't tease!....if 75% of summer could be like this, the rest heavy showers...that would be the nearest to heaven I'll ever get! I might even start to like Summer

Posted
6 hours ago, Alderc said:

Here is much, much better than forecast today- a truly stunning day with barely a cloud and warmer than expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Here is much, much better than forecast today- a truly stunning day with barely a cloud and warmer than expected.

I understand complaining about tomorrow to some extent compared with early outputs but then your missing out on an utterly fantastic day today. Wood from the trees a little springs to my mind.

I frankly hope we get dome rain, Ecmwf data put my area into a much reduced rainfall section for the 3rd part of April send the last 14 days have had probably 2mm since we missed the convection last week.

So a good MCS would help at least replenish the surface somewhat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Anyone who's familiar with Netweather's temperature forecast charts should know what my new avatar is supposed to be 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It's been lovely today here, still sunny and not too warm!

Curious as to the storms, is there a potential for Leeds tomorrow? I'm working at Elland Rd and don't wanna get drenched again.