Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

Looks like being a lovely sunny day today, once again when I have to go work lol. This has been a very unlucky month for me as Ive had to work when it's sunny and off when it's grey and miserable. 

Yeah it’s Sod’s law isn’t it lol.

I’m off on Friday and early next week, and usually strike it lucky for the time around my birthday, with a few hot days but with a breeze, usually in the 24-27c region. 

Happened regularly between 2009-12, and then again from 2015 onwards. May 2013 and 21 were the only ones that didn’t play ball when it comes to having a few long hot or very warm sunny days.

Even May 2010 and 12(which were quite cold and dull for the first half) turned very warm or hot and sunny towards the final third. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It raining moderately heavy in Exeter so I'm pleased, it'll water the garden and plants so i don't have to, the heavier the better today, pretty humid but cloudy all day.

I was beginning to forget what real rain looked and felt like 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Yeah it’s Sod’s law isn’t it lol.

I’m off on Friday and early next week, and usually strike it lucky for the time around my birthday, with a few hot days but with a breeze, usually in the 24-27c region. 

Happened regularly between 2009-12, and then again from 2015 onwards. May 2013 and 21 were the only ones that didn’t play ball when it comes to having a few long hot or very warm sunny days.

Even May 2010 and 12(which were quite cold and dull for the first half) turned very warm or hot and sunny towards the final third. 

Yeah, I booked the next 3 weekends off so although this one coming looks naff, hopefully the next 2 will be decent

Edited by SunSean
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Yeah, I booked the next 3 weekends off so although this one coming looks naff, hopefully the next 2 will be decent

Usually have at least one decent weekend out of 3 this time of year.. indeed more likely than from mid July to end August when the school holidays are on!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Air con on tonight for sure,21c in bedroom, far far to warm to sleep in, disappointing early start to the a/c season, just hope this isn't a foretaste of the months to come...the cost will be horrendous.

• Like 3

Posted

Cracking day, and it's not even summer yet, hopefully it won't be long before we have the first 30c day,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
19 minutes ago, markyo said:

Air con on tonight for sure,21c in bedroom, far far to warm to sleep in, disappointing early start to the a/c season, just hope this isn't a foretaste of the months to come...the cost will be horrendous.

Surely in your case this is a late start to the ac season, Is it not? Compared to previous years.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Surely in your case this is a late start to the ac season, Is it not? Compared to previous years.

No actually not, can normally hold off the last few years till end of May, not this year sadly! Far to humid at the moment, for me the worst weather by a country mile

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 minute ago, markyo said:

No actually not, can normally hold of last few years till end of May, not this year sadly!

It's only a couple of days then temps should return to nearer normal. Hopeful for some heavy thundery rain later to finish off a warm day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

So the front now appears to have arrived here, 24 hours earlier than was suggested on Sunday (when it seemed to be suggesting Wednesday evening).

Rather disappointing, was expecting the whole of Saturday and most of Sunday to be fine, and then the second half of Monday, all of today, and much of tomorrow.

What I want right now is settled, dry, fine and cool nights (to slow nature down) - and sadly we're getting the polar opposite of that!

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Weird day in Dudley. Sunshine to start. Cloud came over. Then broke up in advance of the rain from the West accompanied by a very gusty wind. Temps up to 22c. Got to 23c Saturday. Weather bloke Radio 5 this morning said warmest day since September 9th . Errrmmmm May 14th !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
8 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

What if one doesn’t want to fly, and would rather have a staycation. Isn’t it nicer to have some warm to hot sunny days for some beach time or countryside walks between May and August?

Cool and damp isn’t desirable, and I’m not asking for 28-30c all the time, but at least a few weeks of 24-26c with a few 30-32c days thrown in, with long sunny dry spells, and a thunderstorm or two.

I’m sure you’ll get that living in London. Just hope the heat stays down south this year. My favourite weather is clear sunny days between 15-19°C, which are mostly likely at this time of year. April - June and September is best for weather imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
11 hours ago, SunSean said:

Looks like being a lovely sunny day today, once again when I have to go work lol. This has been a very unlucky month for me as Ive had to work when it's sunny and off when it's grey and miserable. 

That is because you live in the south east. I've noticed this a lot living in Horsham, the best weather has a tendency to occur during the working week, then Friday arrives along with the clag, and on Saturday/Sunday it is tipping it down (that is when we are not going through a blocked weather pattern that puts us in a drought), then the sun comes out on Monday. I think it was late 2019 into 2020 that I acquired a greenhouse and spent late autumn and winter preparing the ground, building a base, and erecting it. Whilst I was doing this there were something like five wet weekends in a row with drier weather in between, and once I had it built, two consecutive weekends in February with named storms (Ciara and Dennis) and high winds meant I had to teach myself how to securely fasten the polycarbonate roof panels down after the wind kept ripping them off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
57 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

As usual another weekend on the BBC forecast. Cool westerlies. 17c. What a horrible climate we live in. Coat on yet again.  Chilly.

Doesn't look to bad down here in the SE. Dry with a lot of cloud and a few sunny intervals, and temperatures up to 18-19C which I think is about normal. Good conditions for gardening and walking without breaking a sweat. Apart from the rainfall rationing May seems to have been a fairly normal month so far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

As usual another weekend on the BBC forecast. Cool westerlies. 17c. What a horrible climate we live in. Coat on yet again.  Chilly.

17°C is perfectly normal for this time of year, it’s around average for where you are, and it will feel pleasantly warm in any sunshine, to most people anyway.

Im up north and I haven’t worn a heavy coat since March I think. 

You should probably lower your expectations of the British weather, you’ll just be constantly unsatisfied otherwise.

6 hours ago, markyo said:

As expected I think your the first person to moan about it being too hot!

I feel for you regarding the high energy bills. A lot of people going to be really struggling next winter.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
6 hours ago, markyo said:

Do you mean 31c? It was 25.3c for me earlier today, generally the average upstairs is around 21-22c and i've always found around 26c plus to be when it starts getting uncomfortable and 30c + being 'fan on' weather.

Does anyone have sunshine charts? It seems to have been unusually dull up here considering May is usually the sunniest month.

Posted
6 hours ago, Ross90 said:

Do you mean 31c? It was 25.3c for me earlier today, generally the average upstairs is around 21-22c and i've always found around 26c plus to be when it starts getting uncomfortable and 30c + being 'fan on' weather.

Does anyone have sunshine charts? It seems to have been unusually dull up here considering May is usually the sunniest month.

Virtually all stations are below average on sunshine for this stage of the month.

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, RJBingham said:

Cracking day, and it's not even summer yet, hopefully it won't be long before we have the first 30c day,

Can’t wait. And there’s already people at my work complaining about it being too hot lol.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I’m sure you’ll get that living in London. Just hope the heat stays down south this year. My favourite weather is clear sunny days between 15-19°C, which are mostly likely at this time of year. April - June and September is best for weather imo.

That was the temp range while I was out in Latvia last week. Sat in the garden for a few days, and with the clear sunny spells it was warm enough or even hot in the strong sunshine for sitting in the garden.

However, we couldn’t head to the beach for a day trip, because it needs to be into the 20s for that. 

15-19c is too cold for high summer for me, if I want to head to the beach, but those temps are ideal for hiking.

Posted
7 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

17°C is perfectly normal for this time of year, it’s around average for where you are, and it will feel pleasantly warm in any sunshine, to most people anyway.

Im up north and I haven’t worn a heavy coat since March I think. 

You should probably lower your expectations of the British weather, you’ll just be constantly unsatisfied otherwise.

As expected I think your the first person to moan about it being too hot!

I feel for you regarding the high energy bills. A lot of people going to be really struggling next winter.

8 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes it can be disappointing when it’s only hitting high teens, but with sunshine can feel pleasant.

I want it to be 24-25c now, as that makes it comfortable for sitting in the shade, without that nagging chill and my hands turning blue.

Yesterday was the first day where it felt nice and summery, with a nice hot feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Ross90 said:

No, 21c was right, i have very low tolerance to heat. Comes from my job. Its great in the Winter, no heating bills but Summer i get clobbered with the a/c cost!.  I have 2 fans on year round in bedroom, with windows very very rarely closed.

• Like 5