Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Heating is on and the indoor temp is 21.9°C in my bedroom. 

Not sure what the temp is downstairs, but it's always a degree or two warmer upstairs.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

21.3°C at the moment with the heating on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 20.4°C upstairs. Heating has just been on for a couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Home to a fantastic 11c in bedroom...perfect. Just wish it could be all year round!!!. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summer with thunderstorms, freezing cold snowy winters.

14.6c currently indoors. I don’t really feel the cold though.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Just had the heating on for a couple of hours. Indoor temp currently a nice comfortable 18.9°C.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted

20 Celsius and 55% humidity. Heating is on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

19.6°C with the heating on.

Was down to 15°C when the heating wasn't on a few days ago during the cold weather but hasn't been quite that low over the last couple of days with the milder weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 14/07/2022 at 13:53, Mapantz said:

Bedroom is around 27°C but I do have a PC running 24/7. I still slept under a duvet though, and probably will unless it surpasses 30°C.

You sleep under a duvet at 27C?? I would be melting if I did that! Only started sleeping under a winter duvet in November, when bedroom temps started dropping to the mid teens overnight.

On 09/11/2023 at 17:51, NorthSeaCloud said:

14.6c currently indoors. I don’t really feel the cold though.

I have noticed that people from the north east, especially around the Newcastle area don’t seem to feel the cold. I last visited there (Whitley Bay, which is right on the coast) at the end of May and beginning of June in 2018, and while most of the country had very warm weather, as the wind was coming from the east and north east, it was much chillier on the east coast. Some days were really chilly with the temp only reaching 12 or 13°C, thick fog and a very cold wind coming off the North Sea, making it feel much colder than what the temperature was. Yet despite this, there were many people in t-shirts and/or shorts. When I arrived it was a nice sunny day, but not warm at all, temps only in the low teens and a very chilly breeze coming from off the North Sea. Yet people were dressed like it was a summer heatwave.

Yet where I live, it’s the opposite. A lot of people feel the cold, and you often see people wearing thick coats in the summer when it’s cloudy and in the mid - high teens. Gordies seem to be extremely warm blooded and hardy but people in Lancashire seem to be quite cold blooded and, dare I say it, perhaps a little soft when it comes to feeling cold…

It’s very strange. East Lancashire is a lot wetter than the north east though and also less sunny so maybe that has something to do with it. And I assume that after living with frigid winds off the North Sea during the winter and spring, you just get used to it, and anything else feels warm lol.

As for me, Im somewhere inbetween. I would be way too hot wearing a thick coat in the mid teens, I don’t normally start wearing a coat until the temp drops into single digits, but on the other hand, I don’t normally just wear a t-shirt outside when it’s 12°C either.

I’d say that gordies are better adapted to the British climate though, especially the climate of the north east which is chilly or cold most of the time and hot weather is quite rare. There’s not much point in being a cold blooded person in the UK, especially in the north, you just end up wearing a coat for 95% of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
3 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I’d say that gordies are better adapted to the British climate though, especially the climate of the north east which is chilly or cold most of the time and hot weather is quite rare. There’s not much point in being a cold blooded person in the UK, especially in the north, you just end up wearing a coat for 95% of the year.

Speaking of "cold blooded" since I've lost a load of weight I feel the cold much more, couldn't get warm earlier after being out in the wind and rain, that is a big downside to it. I was 13 and a half stone in July and could never get cool even in the winter I was always warm even in cold and snow and in the 2018 BFTE as well but now I'm 9 and a half. Might sound too slim for an adult guy but that is my natural weight as I ate a lot when I was depressed for a long time and put on 4 stone. My parents were never huge people though so being slim is not a shock. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Speaking of "cold blooded" since I've lost a load of weight I feel the cold much more, couldn't get warm earlier after being out in the wind and rain, that is a big downside to it. I was 13 and a half stone in July and could never get cool even in the winter I was always warm even in cold and snow and in the 2018 BFTE as well but now I'm 9 and a half. Might sound too slim for an adult guy but that is my natural weight as I ate a lot when I was depressed for a long time and put on 4 stone. My parents were never huge people though so being slim is not a shock. 

Welcome to the freezing cold side 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Welcome to the freezing cold side 😂

We're skinny minnies 😂

• Thanks 1

Posted
20 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

The upside is that you should feel more comfortable in summer, and should be able to enjoy the warmth/heat a lot more. I have put on quite a bit of weight over the last couple of years. I’m about 6 ft tall and a couple of years ago I was only about 10 stone, now I’m 16 stone. I’ve noticed I do feel a bit warmer now, in both summer and winter. I can quite comfortably wear shorts and a t-shirt outside at 17°C, whereas when I was slimmer I might have needed a light jacket or light hoodie at that temp, and don’t really start feeling the cold until temps are into single digits. Also cold breezes used to go right through me, whereas the wind doesn’t bother me the same now.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
20 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Btw I forgot to congratulate you on your weight loss! That's amazing! Well done x Sorry I forgot

• Like 1

Posted

18.6°C with 70% humidity in the bedroom. Feels nice and warm. 

• Like 1

Posted

Heating has just gone on and it's currently 17.3 Celsius indoors.

Posted

Heating went off a while ago but holding up at 20.7°C with it being so mild tonight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

18.4°C in bedroom

Posted

Currently 19.8 Celsius upstairs with the heating on.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Haven't posted in here for a while but with the mild winter so far it's stayed above 17°C most days even without the heating on. With the heating on it hovers around 21°C. 

Posted

That's a comfortable temperature to me. Even 1-2°C lower is fine,

Does she want to be wearing summer clothes inside or something? 🤣