Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted

31C in the bedroom.. the attic is unbearable during heatwaves. Conversely during the cold spell in December last year, it was a chilly 11C without heating.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Frigid said:

31C in the bedroom.. the attic is unbearable during heatwaves. Conversely during the cold spell in December last year, it was a chilly 11C without heating.

Mine's the same. It augments outside conditions. Cold becomes freezing, warm becomes hot, hot becomes unbearable 🤢

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Upstairs landing here is 26C, downstairs around 24-25C and my bedroom 22C till I turn off the a/c just before bed. I'll put a fan on overnight and sleep fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

25c in bedroom but with a fan on its not too bad.

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted

28c in our bedroom last night. Seems to be the standard right now ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

26c last night which was far too hot when having dinner. 
Thankfully, as a shift worker, in winter I invested in an Aircon unit. A god send.

Getting used to the noise now and slept fairly well last night, bedroom kept at a steady 21c all night. Rose back up to 25.6c a short time after I turned it off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently 26C upstairs, feels quite uncomfortable up there but with the aircon on in the lounge, a more plesant 22.2C and dropping. Might move the air conditioner up to the bedroom tonight if it doesn't cool down enough outside to let the heat out.

Posted
2 hours ago, DeepSnow said:

Currently 26C upstairs, feels quite uncomfortable up there but with the aircon on in the lounge, a more plesant 22.2C and dropping. Might move the air conditioner up to the bedroom tonight if it doesn't cool down enough outside to let the heat out.

What type of air con have you got?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

How much £ per hour does a typical air con use? Thinking about getting one and just leaving it on for an hour or two upstairs before bed. I'm assuming once the sun goes down it won't heat up that quickly after turning it off?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
37 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What type of air con have you got?

Delonghi em90 portable air conditioner, its good and certainly makes a big difference in the lounge - be warned though it is very loud! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

25.9°C now after todays weather. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Ross90 said:

How much £ per hour does a typical air con use? Thinking about getting one and just leaving it on for an hour or two upstairs before bed. I'm assuming once the sun goes down it won't heat up that quickly after turning it off?

Mine draws 1350KW when the compressor in it runs. That cycles on and off to maintain the set temperature.

I'm still on an old fixed tarrif of 17p/KWh and over the weekend I spent less than £2.50 on electric per day and I keep the unit on the entire daytime if i'm home. I do have solar though but best example was the 40C period where I left the unit set to 24C for 4 days solid. That cost just under £5 per day in power.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Coastal Eddy said:

Question for people with AirCon units - How do you vent the warm air from the unit to the outside with the type of windows most people in the UK have ?

Thanks

I upgraded my upstairs windows and chose a modern sash window (was expensive) especially for my a/c as it's a rare 240V twin hose unit.

Single hose units will vent through casement windows fine and I don't recommend sealing it as the exhaust will create a negative air pressure in the room. If you seal the window, the air lost out of the exhaust will be replaced by hot air from the house and you'll notice the a/c unit feels useless. Don't extend the hose either, try pick a location below the vent so the unit will make use of the air that comes in from the open vent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

The temperatures here in Horsham haven't been quite as high as recent heatwaves nor as humid so the interior of my house has not got above 26C yet. If I open windows on opposite sides of the house after sunset I can get that down to around 24C which so far is manageable for sleeping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp got down to 26 indoors last night, upstairs, now fluctuating between 28/29 at least it's not humid on top of this now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 24.3°C in my room. Opening my windows at night and early in the morning whilst keeping them closed during the day has helped to keep the room temp down. It would otherwise probably be in the high 20s by now.

Posted

With temps back up to 27c today I got up at 5am to open the doors and windows to let the cooler air in, after a low of 16C last night. With the A/C on since I closed them managed to keep the longe hovering around 20C, the back of the house and upstairs 23C which I'm quite happy with.

Posted

Peaked at 32.4c upstairs yesterday, the highest my therm has recorded since I got it 2 and a half years ago. Didn't drop below 28.8c overnight so starting from a higher value today I would be surprised if it doesn't reach 33c.

Posted

Mmm temps are rising quickly indoors, today right now usually my peak time indoor temps up to 26.3, despite temp only 23.9 outside. Ive refrained from shutting curtains, but its bordering on uncomfortable. Will take a long time to release heat indeed unless see something notably cool, tempe will regularly get into mid 20s now. 

Posted
3 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Mmm temps are rising quickly indoors, today right now usually my peak time indoor temps up to 26.3, despite temp only 23.9 outside. Ive refrained from shutting curtains, but its bordering on uncomfortable. Will take a long time to release heat indeed unless see something notably cool, tempe will regularly get into mid 20s now. 

Always shut the curtains and windows when the weather is hot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
14 hours ago, Ross90 said:

33.6c earlier today and still 30c now. 😬 Fan staying on tonight.

do you live in a greenhouse?

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

do you live in a greenhouse?

10 foot west facing windows, they feel like radiators from around 2pm til 8pm.