Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted

Our room temp is struggling to reach 20c during the daytime, and we still leave the heating on low at night or the temp drops to 14-15c by the morning, which is too cold.

This weekend is the first period for being able to leave the heating off during the daytime. 

However, we still need the heating on in the mornings and evenings, as it’s a north facing flat. Still need to wear a fleece or jumper if I’m sitting round the flat.

Once the daytime temps reach 20c or above I’ll be wearing a t shirt in the flat, and once it’s mid 20s it’s shorts in the flat.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still got the heating on here although it hasn’t come on that much over the last few days. I expect it will do more over the next few days though with cooler days and not as much sun. 

20.6°C with the sun coming in again now but it’s clouding over so wouldn’t be surprised if it dropped a bit soon. 

• Like 2

Posted

We must have a really warm house. Must admit had the heating on last night, but no need during the daytime anymore.

Currently 21.5c in the lounge with the window open.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Had all windows open last night upstairs, just keeping it to what i call comfortable, below 16c.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Had all windows open last night upstairs, just keeping it to what i call comfortable, below 16c.

Yeah same here. I'm just beginning to find it a tad uncomfortable of a night. Going to have to take the winter quilt off. 

• Like 2

Posted

I envy some of you people. I’ve had the window open all afternoon, and my feet are freezing. Despite the nice sunny weather outside, I’ve permanently in the shady spot.

I need a warm spell. This is nice but had to close the window and put the heating on.

1 minute ago, chilly milly said:

Yeah same here. I'm just beginning to find it a tad uncomfortable of a night. Going to have to take the winter quilt off. 

Lol I still have my blanket on at night and the windows stay firmly closed.

For me it’s still cold at night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, chilly milly said:

You must be sensitive to warm weather. This is barely scraping it.

We have only just come out of winter.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

You must be sensitive to warm weather. This is barely scraping it.

We have only just come out of winter.

Our quilt is really really warm though. If I change to blanket and light quilt I think I'll be more comfortable.

Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I envy some of you people. I’ve had the window open all afternoon, and my feet are freezing. Despite the nice sunny weather outside, I’ve permanently in the shady spot.

I need a warm spell. This is nice but had to close the window and put the heating on.

Lol I still have my blanket on at night and the windows stay firmly closed.

For me it’s still cold at night.

Windows open all night and 2nd fan on now....what else would you expect from me!..🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
2 hours ago, chilly milly said:

We must have a really warm house. Must admit had the heating on last night, but no need during the daytime anymore.

Currently 21.5c in the lounge with the window open.

Are you in a new build property, ours is just under 10 years old and is exactly the same. Barely reaches below 18c here at night and only manages 17c on really cold nights, great for energy saving in the winter but a greenhouse in the summer.

¬

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

19:23

18.1°C in the lounge - highest temperature of the month so far. The heating had to be on to achieve this.

Posted
21 minutes ago, markyo said:

Windows open all night and 2nd fan on now....what else would you expect from me!..🙂

I guess it’s all about individual tolerance.

When it’s daytime of 27c, it will be too uncomfortable for you won’t it. But, I like that happy medium, where we get hot days but nights are still cool. Late April to late May is usually the best for that.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Row w said:

Are you in a new build property, ours is just under 10 years old and is exactly the same. Barely reaches below 18c here at night and only manages 17c on really cold nights, great for energy saving in the winter but a greenhouse in the summer.

Hi Row, no we are in a late 1970s/ early 1980s council house. It does retain heat very well, but not such an advantage during heatwaves.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Only 17.1°C inside at the moment which for this time of year isn’t the warmest. Heatings still very much needed at the moment and has just come on. 

• Like 1

Posted

17:53

17.4°C in the lounge.

• Like 1

Posted

15° in lounge

Been out walking so got warmed up. Heating will be on for half an hour later.

Posted

14c upstairs, windows open so fingers crossed that will drop by the time i go to bed....the long hot struggle begins normally in April, but this year has been fantastic so far, fingers crossed it continues to the end of the month at least.

Edited by markyo

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

First time this year (since late September to be more exact) that the temp in my house has reached 20 Celsius without having the heating on. It's currently 20.4 Celsius in my bedroom.

We are finally making progress. 👍

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

First time this year (since late September to be more exact) that the temp in my house has reached 20 Celsius without having the heating on. It's currently 20.4 Celsius in my bedroom.

We are finally making progress. 👍

Same here, in fact didn't even notice the heating wasn't on until I saw this and then realised it hadn't been on at all this evening. While it was cooler here than yesterday thanks to the breeze I think the warmer temperatures yesterday combined with a mostly sunny day today helped. 

Exactly the same temperature in my bedroom at the moment. 20.4°C  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Just as I've learned how to wear my blanket without it posing a 'tripping risk' I don't need it!

Evenings will feel a lot less 'restricting' once the blanket is shed!!!

To think, soon enough, we'll be out in just shorts & T shirts soon enough....

• Like 1