Indoor Temperature Thread

Met.

Posted
32 minutes ago, matt111 said:

That's a comfortable temperature to me. Even 1-2°C lower is fine,

Does she want to be wearing summer clothes inside or something? 🤣

Yes she's only in trousers and a t-shirt 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Missus has ours at 23C , tee shirt and louging shorts for me , phew......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

You all live in tropical houses, we have it set to 18-19C and manage just fine. We don’t just wear shorts and t-shirts though. Currently 17.2°C with 70% humidity in the bedroom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Currently 20.7°C upstairs. Heating went off an hour ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

19.8°C now with the heating being off for a while. Might start seeing some lower indoor temperatures whenever the heating isn't on soon now we're finally losing the mild weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

A nice toasty 22.2 Celsius upstairs. The heating has just been on for a couple of hours.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

18.4°C without the heating on for now. The suns coming in though so it feels nice enough. 

Posted

Currently 19.8 Celsius indoors with 46% humidity. Heating has been on for about half an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

This thread was at the top of my feed and it piqued my curiosity.... Checked the temp in my house and it's currently 12c, thought it was feeling a tad nippy. Time to light the fires. 

You lot live in a different world, 24c in a bedroom???? I'd never sleep. I guess I'm just used to living in my barny old 15thc farmhouse, we've got central heating, loft stuffed with insulation and new windows with higher efficiency than current regs but the inglenooks let it down. Fantastic when they're lit, hopeless when not, they suck every ounce of heat out and up the chimney, currently waiting on register plates to solve the problem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

17.8°C in the computer room. Heating is on lower because my last month's bill was stupidly high.

Posted

Went down to 15.7°C earlier which is the coldest I've seen it in the house for some time. 18.7°C now with the heating on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

16°C... feels quite nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I've optimised mine for efficiency and cost without making the house cold for my father.  The house ranges from 18.5ºc to about 21ºc and i've made good use of the thermostat programmes!

My bedroom on the other hand has it's own heating from the PC with the VR rig going every night!  The radiator isn't set high and if I slide the window shut, it'll get uncomfortable unless there's strong westerlies.

• Like 1

No heating on here, got to 10.5 degrees in the bedroom, I was so annoyed we didn't get to single digits, I should of opened the window for a bit. It's not that bad, as long as you are doing something and moving or wrapped up warm it's perfectly bare able. Go outside for a long walk with the dog and coming back in it's like you have blasted the heating :d

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Not ashamed to say we run at 23.5 average from October to April. Sensor is in the same room as the solid fuel stove, which pretty much never goes out, stays in for 36 hours at a push.

Riddle and top up morning and night....top up extra if away overnight.

December graph..

Screenshot_20240111-005801_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4f8e74f16bb8e30c4dffd436fb6338d6.jpg

Bedroom is cooler, has benefit of airbrushed by ecofan but is usually around 16-18c. 

We use about 1.5 to 2 x 25kg bags a week, maybe up to 3 in very cold weather...(2 weeks last year).

• Thanks 1

Posted

Currently 16.3 Celsius in my bedroom without the heating on. Comfortable enough for me with a fleece on and we don't need the heating on at the moment anyway as my parents are in bed and I shall be too shortly. I have a nice toasty electric blanket.

• 1 month later...
Posted

Currently 17.9°C upstairs which is comfortable enough for me. 

Heating hasn't been on at all today.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Currently 17.8 degrees in my house with 0.5 degrees outside. It's actually very comfortable. Trying to save money as heating was on for a few months. Looks like for the next few weeks I don't have to put heating back on since -10 temps outside is unlikely right now so I hope I can make it through without heating until next December.