Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, CoventryWeather said:

Hey. I'm new to Netweather. Hope everyone is enjoying their evening. 

Just a quick question about tonight. Do you think Coventry will have a risk of thunder tonight? 

I really want a nighttime storm as the last one was several years ago. 

Thank you. 

Welcome to Netweather. 

That's the million dollar question. It depends which models and forecasts are correct, both for you in Coventry and me in Derbyshire.

I'd therefore say there is certainly a chance, but it's by no means a likelihood for tonight. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.
Just now, Supacell said:

Welcome to Netweather. 

That's the million dollar question. It depends which models and forecasts are correct, both for you in Coventry and me in Derbyshire.

I'd therefore say there is certainly a chance, but it's by no means a likelihood for tonight. Fingers crossed.

Thank you Supacell. I'm certainly hoping for some. What models would you recommend? Met office isn't really interested here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Just now, Marcus_surfer said:

false sferic. loads over swansea too. but the real main bulk of the activity is much further west into pembrokeshire

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, CoventryWeather said:

Thank you Supacell. I'm certainly hoping for some. What models would you recommend? Met office isn't really interested here. 

I find the UKV to be one of the better ones. AROME is okay but can overdo things a little with showers and storms. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.
12 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I find the UKV to be one of the better ones. AROME is okay but can overdo things a little with showers and storms. 

Thank you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting
20 minutes ago, viking_smb said:

I think UKV has been spot on tonight.

for now at least. 

It's showing an uptick in activity in the early hours across the north midlands, so I might set an alarm early and see what's going on, on the radar. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

First chance I’ve had to post this but we experienced the most extraordinary light show here earlier this evening - around 8:30pm.   As the band of intense showers passed over, the cloud to cloud sheet lightning directly overhead became almost constant for a while, accompanied by continuous rolling thunder and torrential rain for about ten minutes.  I can’t remember ever seeing this kind of electrical activity at this time of year except once in southern Spain while on holiday years ago.  The radar showed the storms moving quickly north into the Irish Sea and I would have loved to be on the north coast around Fishguard where I imagine the sight would have been spectacular over the sea.  I am struggling to understand what is causing these conditions to occur (second night in a row) at this time of year when we went through the heat of the summer and never saw one storm here…..but I am enjoying it!

• Like 6

Posted

This is going to be intense. I’m at a vantage point about 1000ft looking over the Irish see. It’s constant flashes for the full 180 degree vision. Very impressive 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
12 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

First chance I’ve had to post this but we experienced the most extraordinary light show here earlier this evening - around 8:30pm.   As the band of intense showers passed over, the cloud to cloud sheet lightning directly overhead became almost constant for a while, accompanied by continuous rolling thunder and torrential rain for about ten minutes.  I can’t remember ever seeing this kind of electrical activity at this time of year except once in southern Spain while on holiday years ago.  The radar showed the storms moving quickly north into the Irish Sea and I would have loved to be on the north coast around Fishguard where I imagine the sight would have been spectacular over the sea.  I am struggling to understand what is causing these conditions to occur (second night in a row) at this time of year when we went through the heat of the summer and never saw one storm here…..but I am enjoying it!

Largely because despite the heat and many factors favourable for storms, there was very rarely a trigger. Had these synoptics occurred in the summer then boom but most of the summer was anticyclonic. It wasn’t until early September that we struck gold with such a stationary trough but by then it was ‘warm’ rather than ‘hot’. 

Needless to say 05th September was great here, and there was further thunder that week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

As we know so far the UKV has performed perfectly. Tomorrow morning around 8z a MCS looking thing forms around London and heads north towards       The Eastern parts. Interesting 🤨 if you ask me.

Could contain:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, The Tall Weatherman said:

As we know so far the UKV has performed perfectly. Tomorrow morning around 8z a MCS looking thing forms around London and heads north towards       The Eastern parts. Interesting 🤨 if you ask me.

Could contain:

Quite similar to the MDT area highlighted in the forecast from Convective Weather earlier. He mentions uncertainty over timing and that it could occur after the end of that forecast period. This would fall in line with what UKV is now showing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
WWW.CAMSECURE.CO.UK

Live webcam from the lovely Warren Beach in North Wales from one of the beautiful holiday locations of Haulfryn Holidays.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Looked out of attic window I can see distant lightning 

• Like 5