Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Did You Think of Summer 2022?

What Did You Think of Summer 2022?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How Was This Summer For You?

Posted

I loved it, and it made a change to have long sunny dry spells with lots of clear blue sky days during august.

I understand it was a little uncomfortable once the temps exceeded 30-32c and some nights were on the hot side. 

I don’t think I’ll be moving north though, summers up there are too grey and depressing. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Slug
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I loved it, and it made a change to have long sunny dry spells with lots of clear blue sky days during august.

I understand it was a little uncomfortable once the temps exceeded 30-32c and some nights were on the hot side. 

I don’t think I’ll be moving north though, summers up there are too grey and depressing. 

Yes the only downside was the hot nights here but in general very very pleasant 😎

Edited by LightningFox92
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It was so good (though a tad too hot at times!) I was even getting fed-up with sunshine! But I am worried: even were the globe to stop warming today, we'll still be buggered -- latent (as in already in the system) sea-level rise is inevitable?

Posted
32 minutes ago, LightningFox92 said:

Yes the only downside was the hot nights here but in general very very pleasant 😎

Yes it was lovely, and I have fond memories of sitting out in the garden while we were house sitting in August 2022. 

And I remember watching Prey(the new Predator film) during the hot spell. Great film, but not as good as the Arnie original.

11 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It was so good (though a tad too hot at times!) I was even getting fed-up with sunshine! But I am worried: even were the globe to stop warming today, we'll still be buggered -- latent (as in already in the system) sea-level rise is inevitable?

The problem is we live in a temperate zone, and I remember even when I was freezing and buried in snow over in Toronto, or Latvia, London and most of England were locked into a damp and mild boring set up.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes it was lovely, and I have fond memories of sitting out in the garden while we were house sitting in August 2022. 

And I remember watching Prey(the new Predator film) during the hot spell. Great film, but not as good as the Arnie original.

The problem is we live in a temperate zone, and I remember even when I was freezing and buried in snow over in Toronto, or Latvia, London and most of England were locked into a damp and mild boring set up.

In my case (and guess for many Londoners & millions of others) the problem is that we all live near or even below sea-level.

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

In my case (and guess for many Londoners & millions of others) the problem is that we all live near or even below sea-level.

Yes that’s right.

I’ve lived with the threat of global warming since 1988, so just have to take it in our stride.

Posted
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Apart from one week, it was dreadful in Northern Ireland. 

Day after day of slate grey skies.

I really, really felt for you mate 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes that’s right.

I’ve lived with the threat of global warming since 1988, so just have to take it in our stride.

One small step for man; one giant leap (into the sea) for mankind:👍

BTW, the AAH has been debunked more times than I've eaten lamb tikka!🤣

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Slug
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

I know it’s bad but that’s why as a species we need to try not to make everything about money but about making life better for ourselves and future generations as at the current rate of negative thinking we all possess, there is no future.  Everything in this world currently is about money, it’s bottom line but it’s very bad.  In an ideal universe, we can fix all the issues but it’s extremely difficult.  Humans are hard to negotiate with and try to make believe, even when the apocalypse or extinction level event is staring at us in the face.  

i hope we can find peace i really do

• Like 4

Posted
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Were you in Wiltshire but moved to Shrop?

I was indeed yes, not that it's made much difference to the weather!  Nice all the same though!

Posted
2 hours ago, Don said:

I was indeed yes, not that it's made much difference to the weather!  Nice all the same though!

I thought you were. So you thinking of going higher up then? And where?

Posted
13 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I thought you were. So you thinking of going higher up then? And where?

Next stop the Scottish Highlands, albeit that won't be for a number of years!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
20 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

And despite the supposed risk of rising sea levels, the very elites that keep banging on about it continue to snap up luxury properties along coastlines worldwide... weird 🤔

If I were to move away from somewhere coastal or at sea level (implying probably boringly flat), it would be to be closer to hilly areas that I love, rather than dubious risks of sea level rise.

On the poll, I voted 'Very Good' rather than anything higher, purely because every outdoor event I took part in was blighted by inclement weather, despite the plentiful fine weather. Also, a distinct lack of storms! By and large though, the nights weren't too bad despite the notable heat during the day, save for the 18th/19th July when it was already touching 30 degrees at breakfast time.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, MP-R said:

And despite the supposed risk of rising sea levels, the very elites that keep banging on about it continue to snap up luxury properties along coastlines worldwide... weird 🤔

If I were to move away from somewhere coastal or at sea level (implying probably boringly flat), it would be to be closer to hilly areas that I love, rather than dubious risks of sea level rise.

On the poll, I voted 'Very Good' rather than anything higher, purely because every outdoor event I took part in was blighted by inclement weather, despite the plentiful fine weather. Also, a distinct lack of storms! By and large though, the nights weren't too bad despite the notable heat during the day, save for the 18th/19th July when it was already touching 30 degrees at breakfast time.

Not really all that 'weird'; so long as the insurance racketeers can still make enough money, short-term? But I do agree about 18th'19th July.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Hopefully next summer will be a lot more average. Speaking of summer it could feel quite summery in many areas tomorrow! 🩳☀️

Posted
7 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Hopefully next summer will be a lot more average. Speaking of summer it could feel quite summery in many areas tomorrow! 🩳☀️

So long as it’s not a cloud fest. 

I don’t want another summer 2021, which was awful.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
17 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

So long as it’s not a cloud fest. 

I don’t want another summer 2021, which was awful.

Summer 2021 was decent here. Plenty of dry, sunny and warm weather. Nothing really too hot or too cold. August 2021 wasn’t that great here but June and July were awesome.

Posted
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Summer 2021 was decent here. Plenty of dry, sunny and warm weather. Nothing really too hot or too cold. August 2021 wasn’t that great here but June and July were awesome.

I know it was nicer up north, but London had a very depressing summer during 2021.

I would rather another 2022 in its place, maybe with a few degrees cooler. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I would be happy to have another 2018 summer. Whilst hot for much of the time, it was within my comfort range and it didn't feel that humid either until later on in the season. August that year was nice enough too with temps around average and reasonable sunshine levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

Who would have preferred a slightly cooler and less dry summer (e.g. temps just 1C above average, rainfall about 80% of the norm, mean maxima in Southern England in July and Aug of around 23-24C, absolute max of around 32C) if we'd have got a drier and more settled autumn as recompense?

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer8906 said:

Who would have preferred a slightly cooler and less dry summer (e.g. temps just 1C above average, rainfall about 80% of the norm, mean maxima in Southern England in July and Aug of around 23-24C, absolute max of around 32C) if we'd have got a drier and more settled autumn as recompense?

Hmm, no I wouldn’t rather a wetter summer with temps being in the low 20s most of the time and a one week spell of 29-32c, and have a drier autumn.

For me, even though I hate long rainy spells, I’ll take it if we have a long sunny hot summer.

Posted

On the whole an excellent summer, not quite a dream as we could have done with just a little more rain in July to stop everything turning into a dust bowl and reduce the fire risk (the perfect summer involves frequent barbecues, but we were concerned that the nearby vegetation was too dry). I think I slightly preferred the more balanced summer of 2013. Anyway, a lot better than the mediocre summer of 2021 here in the south.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1