Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hi all

moved into new house now here in Pemberton. Finally east of the M6 at last...just.

had a few cells pass nearby but nothing close enough to here yet. One past near Ormskirk about an hour ago and one in Northwich which seems to have died. Would've gone to my east anyway. Hoping for some fun this afternoon.

• Like 8

Posted
16 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Hi all

moved into new house now here in Pemberton. Finally east of the M6 at last...just.

had a few cells pass nearby but nothing close enough to here yet. One past near Ormskirk about an hour ago and one in Northwich which seems to have died. Would've gone to my east anyway. Hoping for some fun this afternoon.

I'm just over the hill in Skem we seem to dodge most things so the excitement is usually at a distance haha

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Heard some thunder in Chorley. Last few days it was good with lot of sunshine. 

• Like 6

Posted

Thunder heard here. Looks like it's developing between me and the city centre and heading away to the NE.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

X Definitely marks the spot that’s classed as a direct hit 🫤

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Apart from the odd shower, it’s been mainly dry here and it feels pretty warm in the sunshine.

No particular plans this weekend but if the next three days are as good as so far today, I’ll be a happy bunny.

• Like 5

Posted

Been some heavy sharp showers from 1.30, showering/moderate rain currently.  Heard 3 distant rumbles earlier from cell passing between Macc and Congleton.

• Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Been some heavy sharp showers from 1.30, showering/moderate rain currently.  Heard 3 distant rumbles earlier from cell passing between Macc and Congleton.

Yes, the main area of thunder and some lightning seems to have moved away from here towards Congleton but still dark, wet and thoroughly miserable. After the chilly but generally dry weather of the past few days, this change could not have come at a worse time. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Heard a few distant rumbles of thunder but nothing of note overhead. 

• Like 6

Posted

A bit of a disappointing chase on the Staffs/Derbyshire border today.

Driving to/from Leek to Buxton all day chasing the brief pulse-cells that appeared and I only got caught in the one when I was heading back home, plenty of convective skies around but sferics was sparse with only brief windows of opportunity to have seen/heard anything. At least I got some nice convective pics for all the effort.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Plateau, Weather, Countryside, Hill, Grassland, Sky, CumulusCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Field, Grassland, Countryside, Hill, Plateau, SceneryCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Road, Cumulus, Sky, Tarmac, Rubble, Wall, Scenery

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Occasional heavy showers here this afternoon after a mostly dry and bright  morning. A few rumbles of thunder heard early afternoon and around half an hour ago. A couple of lightning flashes seen as well, but no direct hits.

• Like 5

Posted

Seem to be doing very well here so far today, plenty of sunshine, no showers as yet and temps close to 18 degrees. A perfectly good day for the time of year. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The smallest rogue shower has just literally put a dampener on what has been a lovely warm afternoon but it’s dry again now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Just one shower here today around lunchtime, heavy for about 5 mins, had nothing more since. Felt a bit muggy out and about.

• Like 5

Posted

Quit an amazing shower just South of Bridlington.  If you use netweather radar and run the sequence   there is a visible spiral within the precipitation. 

• Like 3

Posted

Couple of showers… more annoyance value than anything significant… decorator replacing panes and painting outside of front windows nearly finished 🙌🏻 🥳 

Tv set to ignore anything to do with coronation 🙌🏻🥳🙈😂 

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Couple of showers… more annoyance value than anything significant… decorator replacing panes and painting outside of front windows nearly finished 🙌🏻 🥳 

Tv set to ignore anything to do with coronation 🙌🏻🥳🙈😂 

So you'll be singing this then lol.

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

So you'll be singing this then lol.

Whilst it’s a national celebration etc… I understand that… I wouldn’t boo the national anthem… I never have… unlike Celtic or Liverpool fans… I boo the the prem and uefa anthems for their treatment of our Super City…(as do quite a lot of City Fans on Home Game days) 👍🙌🏻👍🙌🏻….  i do hate the sycophantic 24 hour coverage of the coronation or anything royal… luckily 🍀 we now have 3pm kick off ⚽⚽⚽⚽️ and from our visit to France “Jazz and soul” fm to listen to there and back 👌👍😂

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted

Was only joking Will.

Tv does overdo various occasions and I fully understand where your coming from.

City victory parades exempt from the above comment though. 

• Like 3