Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Lovely weather today. No complaints for a change. We had a couple of showers around lunchtime, but they cleared and so too did the clouds. We’ve been left in the sunshine since around 3pm and the temperatures responded with it, hovering around 17C all day, which is around average for this time of year. Sun is still out as I type this with lovely blue skies above. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Decent enough day though could be warmer 

• Like 3

Posted

After yesterday's deluge, today surprisingly has stayed dry, plenty of sunshine, temps nudged close to 18 degrees. This May is delivering some decent weather interspersed with wet conditions. Still waiting for that first proper warm feeling day, often takes until mid-month.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted

Come on Super City ⚽⚽⚽⚽

Lovely mostly sunny day ☀️ 😎 

17-18c felt warmer in the sun…

tomorrow looks showery ⚡☔️ 

Thank you Had Worse for the cake and meeting up… will have some tomorrow with coffee 👌👍

• Like 3

Posted

Pleasant start to the day, dry, misty on the tops, patchy cloud but sun is shining and a cool 8°C.  Temp dipped to 5.5°C here during the early hours.  Looks like we are too far west again for any thundery action forecast for today.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A very decent day yesterday with plenty of sunshine. A couple of showers around lunchtime but much better than washout Monday. Variable amounts of cloud to start today with some sunny breaks.

• Like 3

Posted

Bang on the edge of the thunderstorm warning area here. I think the other side of the road from me is in the area!

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Just increasingly heavy showers for now.

• Like 5

Posted

Just inside the warning here close to Buxton with some early convective rain now beginning, i'm not anticipating too much but hopefully there'll be a unexpected surprise at some point during the day.

• Like 3

Posted

Managed to dodge the showers walking home from work, had some really heavy downpours here.  Saw some lovely convection West of Macc, and I believe there was a strike south of Knutsford.

Could contain: Wall, Brick, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Construction, Shelter

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

A lot of surface water minor flooding on the roads here. Some really hefty downpours today.

• Like 4

Posted

We certainly didn't dodge the showers today, regular monsoon type showers. A couple of lightning strikes nearby earlier according to the radar, but didn't see any lightning or hear any thunder here. 16.6mm of rain so far today.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Shower train in full force here today. The sunshine and showers we had forecast turned into showers and showers. Think I saw the glimmer of the sun for 2 minutes. 

Temp 11.5C. Another poor day of weather, even by our standards. 2023, the year of the never-ending autumn. 

• Like 3

Posted

A preety reasonable day in the end. The morning was rather dank with showery rain, but it has stayed dry since. Max temp about 16 degrees. 

Tomorrow could see long spells of rain or not much at all, given the air is slack.. popcorn downpours.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not to bad a day in the end ,usable 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Spent a very long Wednesday driving darn sarf and back and the morning journey down was done in dry and sunny conditions but plenty of heavy showers on the way back north during the afternoon and particularly wet driving up through Cheshire around tea time.

back home it looked like it had been pretty much dry throughout so certainly hit and miss.

• Like 4

Posted

Another showery day coming up by the looks of it, but at least drier conditions likely as we head into the weekend with some sunshine, so good timing.

• Like 4

Posted

My neighbour confirmed heavy showers in Crewe yesterday afternoon. I encountered one as I came round the M60 through Stockport and out along the M56 towards the M6, but it quickly cleared by the time I got to Junction 18 for Holmes Chapel (8.30pm) and the rest of the journey home was dry. Dry so far this morning but early signs of clouds building up and not (I believe) a day to put the washing out!

• Like 2

Posted

Lots of heavy showers yesterday not a sniff of thunder though… one thing that was notable was the strength of the sun when it made an appearance… the steam on the tarmac and shed roof almost looked like smoke 💨 

See Glossopia is just within the met office warning ⚠️ again for thunderstorms again… just light drizzly showers atm… sunshine and showers doing the garden a world of good… 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Quite a frustrating convective week for us in the west of the region. Wind direction has been wrong. Yesterday was in Liverpool and it was dry and sunny apart from a shower around 2. Back home I believe it was dry all day.
Today is the best chance for thundery activity in the west of the region this week. Although I expect the immediate coast will miss out but should be far enough inland here to be in the game. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Its been mostly dry but threatening clouds are getting closer here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

T-storm warning has extended more of our area now. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A shower developing over me here

• Like 3