Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
23 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Lovely sunny ☀️ day chilly in shade or when clouded up a little in the breeze… hopefully a week of drier weather and warming up as the week goes on… 

homemade cajan Chili 🌶️ burgers, onion rings, onion pickle and m& s jalapeño poppers… feels like spring has sprung a little more 👌🤞☀️

Could contain: Food, Lunch, Meal, Plate

Could contain: Food, Relish

Could contain: Food, Food Presentation, Plate, Bread, Tater Tots

These are not just burgers.... there Will's and Paddy's.

Hands off, go and make your own.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A very different day to yesterday. 

Generally overcast with the look of drizzle.  Dry at the moment. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Back to my coat and hat since its quite nippy here especially sun behind clouds. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Reasonable day though a cool wind , much better than rain 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

The horrible May weather continues in the Eastern Alps, rain for the past 3 days none stop. Damn cold too. Max today 4c ! Sod the cost of heating, had to put it back on again , reluctantly. I am frozen sat here ! Still a lot of snow patches remain in the village and heavy snow still falling on the higher bergs this afternoon. Looking forward to a trip back to Blighty very soon and visit  some to my favourite pubs in The NW and sample some mighty fine ales and watch a bit of cricket. Just hope those temps rise a bit when I arrive.

C

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another reasonable day today, more cloud around than yesterday, especially this morning, but another pleasant afternoon with some decent sunny spells. Temperature a little higher than yesterday, max of 15.4C.

• Like 4

Posted
8 hours ago, Had Worse said:

A very different day to yesterday. 

Generally overcast with the look of drizzle.  Dry at the moment. 

Yes cool in cloudy periods but warm in any sunshine… nice evening out atm… 

Made lamb tagine and cous cous for tea 🇲🇦 

Could contain: Food, Food Presentation, Cilantro, Plate

• Like 4

Posted

A pleasant day when the sun is out but under the clouds & gusty winds on Whinstone Lee Tor (Ladybower) it was definitely wooly hat and down-jacket weather, considering MWIS had the possibility of hail/snow showers over the Scottish Mountains it was no surprise. Unfortunately there was no BBMF Lancs flypast over Ladybower as expected but after a few hours of patiently waiting to see something other than GA Aircraft I was rewarded by the RAF sending down both a Defence Flying School 'Juno HT1' Helicopter and a A400M 'Atlas' not long afterwards for a "unofficial" flypast to mark the Dambusters 80th anniversary.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Plateau, Scenery, Countryside, HillCould contain: Aircraft, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle, Warplane, Bomber, Outdoors, NatureCould contain: Aircraft, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle, Outdoors, Airliner, Water, Nature, Scenery, Land

• Like 6

Posted

A reasonable day, rather alot of cloud and one or two very brief showers, again barely dampening the ground. Temps very average up to near 16 degrees.

All very benign.

• Like 5

Posted
35 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

A pleasant day when the sun is out but under the clouds & gusty winds on Whinstone Lee Tor (Ladybower) it was definitely wooly hat and down-jacket weather, considering MWIS had the possibility of hail/snow showers over the Scottish Mountains it was no surprise. Unfortunately there was no BBMF Lancs flypast over Ladybower as expected but after a few hours of patiently waiting to see something other than GA Aircraft I was rewarded by the RAF sending down both a Defence Flying School 'Juno HT1' Helicopter and a A400M 'Atlas' not long afterwards for a "unofficial" flypast to mark the Dambusters 80th anniversary.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Plateau, Scenery, Countryside, HillCould contain: Aircraft, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle, Warplane, Bomber, Outdoors, NatureCould contain: Aircraft, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle, Outdoors, Airliner, Water, Nature, Scenery, Land

Something about the Water company having safety concerns, which is a great pity in my view. 

• Like 5

Posted
26 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Something about the Water company having safety concerns, which is a great pity in my view. 

It's somewhat understandable that after Shoreham the 'rules & regulations' regarding permitted flypasts/shows has been tightened, but still.. there isn't many years remaining that the Lancs will be in airworthy condition and sadly not many years left before the last remaining WW2 Vets are confined solely to the history books. It was a lucky guess that the RAF was going to do something for today and fortunately the A400M lit up on FR24 at 3:35pm no more than 10 minutes out towards Black Hill as it was heading back into Brize Norton. The crew could have easily carried on overhead and i'd be none the wiser but part of me thinks they made the best of LFA-8 having a open 'window' and put something on for those on the ground at the last-minute.

• Like 6

Posted

As usual the evening is the nicest part of the day 

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Scuba steve said:

As usual the evening is the nicest part of the day 

Often the case in the summer months more so second half, when the heat of the day disapates and the cloud clears. Less so early on in the season, but yes last few evenings have been clear and fine. 

• Like 6

Posted
14 hours ago, carinthian said:

The horrible May weather continues in the Eastern Alps, rain for the past 3 days none stop. Damn cold too. Max today 4c ! Sod the cost of heating, had to put it back on again , reluctantly. I am frozen sat here ! Still a lot of snow patches remain in the village and heavy snow still falling on the higher bergs this afternoon. Looking forward to a trip back to Blighty very soon and visit  some to my favourite pubs in The NW and sample some mighty fine ales and watch a bit of cricket. Just hope those temps rise a bit when I arrive.

C

Guess what ? Its raining none stop. Temp this morning 1.8c. Reports of 30cm of fresh snow above the village currently. Freezing level 2000m. Think I will book a flight to MAN and get away from this relentless cold .

C

• Like 5

Posted
14 hours ago, carinthian said:

C

The miserable May weather continues in these parts this morning. No sun for 5 days. Relentless low cloud and rain. Cold as well. Current temp 1.8c and reports of heavy snowfall and deep cover at 2000m level. Reluctantly, heating turned up ! Looking forward now to a visit to the UK to find some sunshine and a bit of warmth ?

C

• Like 6

Posted

Not miserable here but strange! Sun alternating with thick cloud but the emphasis this morning seems to be on cloud, unlike previous mornings, and I'm hoping it stays dry at least as I'm aiming to spend time in the garden over the next few days.

• Like 6

Posted
6 hours ago, carinthian said:

Guess what ? Its raining none stop. Temp this morning 1.8c. Reports of 30cm of fresh snow above the village currently. Freezing level 2000m. Think I will book a flight to MAN and get away from this relentless cold .

C

Dry but overcast with cloud currently.  Sunshine is somewhat lacking, but it will be warmer for you, current temp 15.4°C.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Dry but overcast with cloud currently.  Sunshine is somewhat lacking, but it will be warmer for you, current temp 15.4°C.

Funny enough , I draw lucky when visiting back to the old country. The sun always shines ! My connections in Horsham tell me its been bad down there compared to up North ! Glad to see Macc Towns progress back towards the high levels of English football. Love the country pubs in your part of the world + plus looking forward to  a visit to a Fish and chip  shop,Chinese Takeway ( English Style ) and a decent Pie shop. None of these exists in Austria , but I suppose the guarantee is snow out here  and that is my ultimate passion !!

C

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Another decent days weather, nor overly warm but dry and a mixture of cloudy and sunny spells is certainly an improvement on the even less warm and rain that seems to have been the theme over much of the spring.

I do like a good heatwave though and apart from some uncomfortable nights, enjoyed summer 22 but the weather of the last few days has been a good option 2.

• Like 5

Posted

Turning into a really “pleasant” spring spell.  Unremarkable and not memorable, but it is steady, comfortable and, well, “nice”!!

• Like 7

Posted

Decent enough day plenty done so time for a beer 🍺

• Like 5