Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not long back from ponden mill campsite near Haworth ,stayed largely dry though some decent storms around 5 pm yesterday to the west ,a dozen or so rumblings heard 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

We had nearly an inch of rain overnight last night, but it's been largely dry since early morning, although rather cloudy and breezy throughout. Max temp 16.8C.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
4 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Well it did brighten up in the end and the afternoon and early evening were dry and (at times) sunny. The forecast for the week ahead suggests more of the same, some sunshine, some showers, but certainly not a complete washout on any of the days ahead. 

Yeah pretty standard late August/early September stuff on the way. Maybe longer term things will get more interesting if the Hurricane season starts to show it's hand in the Atlantic, or will it be a quiet season? Remember the red sun in October 2017? Caused by the fires in Spain/Portugal and Hurricane Ophelia. That was surreal but I couldn't fully enjoy it as I had a bit of a breakdown at the time. Different person these days thankfully.

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

The torrential rain claimed two lives in Liverpool

_130917050_car2.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Passers-by fought to free the pair during the flash flood in Liverpool, but they were later pronounced dead.

Desperately sad. I don't know the area and find it difficult to imagine how it happened. RIP.

I was going to say another rubbish morning to round off the bank holiday weekend, but then the sun suddenly made an appearance. Let's hope it stays out.

• Like 5

Posted

An overcast morning here so far with just the odd shower. Not the most inspiring Bank Holiday weather, but could be a lot worse. A few breaks in the cloud now, hopefully things will brighten up this afternoon.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Desperately sad. I don't know the area and find it difficult to imagine how it happened. RIP.

I believe it's not the first time something similar has happened. The road runs under a bridge and is prone to flooding.......

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

A very 2023 summers day. Just been out cycling near Alton Towers. Very dull, not very warm (although the sun did sneak through for 10 minutes) and the odd shower. Driving home through Leek there were plenty of showers on the horizon. This coming week doesn't look much better.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Usable day though a brief shower around 1 pm ,spent most of it de gunking the camper while full of cold lol

• Like 7

Posted

An overcast start here but dry at the moment.

Only 3 days to go until meteorological autumn arrives now, the later sunrises and earlier sunsets really noticeable now as the days shorten.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
12 hours ago, Scuba steve said:

Usable day though a brief shower around 1 pm ,spent most of it de gunking the camper while full of cold lol

Yeah, a few showers then a usable afternoon, though rather cool. Got the bike out, and it felt cooler than 16C, so decided on the leg warmers; I can take them off when it gets too warm......ended up keeping them on. Felt far cooler than the actual temperature. And it might actually be late August, but if you said it was 3-4 weeks later I could well believe you.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
54 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Chucking it down

Id have raised an eyebrow if it was chucking it up.

Grey and drizzly again here.  Decided to start the caravan cleaning early so that there's less to do come Friday. 

• Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Dark his morning, I confess to putting my heating on for a short while when I got up.

I think this is one of the notable things about summer 2023. It's midday on the 29th August, so still summer, and the temperature in the house is currently 17.8c. That's poor even for November or March. 

By all accounts the average summer temperature has been pretty average, but the sunshine that comes in the windows and warms the house up has been very much in short supply. The same goes for most of the past 8 weeks. 

Hopefully September will bring a warm up before the sun really does begin to lose its strength. 

• Like 8

Posted

...and bang on cue as summer ends and September begins, high pressure set to make a reappearance, whilst not every year, most years early-mid Sept seems to deliver lengthy fine settled pleasant weather.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Having a pint in Padstow at the Shipwrights.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 9

Posted

A reasonable day here, mostly dry with some decent sunny periods this afternoon. A max temp of 18.3C.

It would not be at all unusual for some warmer and more settled weather to arrive in September. At least with the shorter days and longer nights, an early autumn heatwave results in less significant heat build up in the house and so more bearable than in the height of summer. Definitely more towards the pleasant category by mid September.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
16 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Having a pint in Padstow at the Shipwrights.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Enjoy. My brother lives in Mevagissey on the south side of Cornwall. Nice little place. 🙂

• Like 7

Posted

Didn't believe the 10°C at 6am, it felt much cooler.  The morning so far has been peppered with some quite heavy showers.  The sun is trying to come out in between with some beefy Cb's spotted in the breaks of the dull, dark, grey murk.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Saturday-Tuesday looking decent,not wall to wall sunshine more sunny intervals but should feel warm in the Early September sunshine with temperatures ranging from 20-22c.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

GFS 06z 24c for next Tuesday 

Oh yes happy with that  😍

• Like 6