IGNORED

Summer 2023 chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

& here is my not so "deep dive" into the next 10 days

image.thumb.png.7a6bdc123f11cbafa19a46b92d73d4b9.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Got to love radio forecasts. Got Capital on in the office and the radio-host during the news break just said "mostly sunny in London". 

Ah, yes, mostly sunny. 😆

Could contain:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
45 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

Decent 1st day of August. Sunny with a few clouds, 21c, breezy.👍

Shame it’s just a… lull. 😬

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
27 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

August please be kind, anyone who deals with the general public will know that people are much more pleasant to serve when the weather is nice, it's been a difficult 5 weeks to say the least......Hope it flips back to 6/7 weeks nice weather.

100%. Outside of on the few very hot days last year, the mood amongst the general public and atmosphere of the country last July was so, so different to this year. Things were buzzing, everything outdoors was alive (not dead, contrary to what some people here seem to keep pedalling), and people were smiling and active, and friendly. 

I've enough noticed it in microcosm in my own social circle...so much more plans, parties, activities happening and being suggested last summer. This month? Tumbleweed. People just arent enthused to do much when its grey and / or wet for weeks on-end in summer.

Over the past week or so, things are starting to really take their toll - the faces of people on the train on my morning commute; it's a summer glow, it's zombies in dire need of some vitamin D!

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted
19 minutes ago, StingJet said:

I love it daddy. Looks nice ... By the green face ...

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, StingJet said:

Lmao at basically the entirety of Spain not even having a single wisp of cloud. Makes you laugh (and cry).

Also, the amount of landmass in Canada (and North America generally) without a single bit of cloud cover too, is really impressive! Just shows how cloudy Northern Europe really is in comparison to alot of places.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
7 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

100%. Outside of on the few very hot days last year, the mood amongst the general public and atmosphere of the country last July was so, so different to this year. Things were buzzing, everything outdoors was alive (not dead, contrary to what some people here seem to keep pedalling), and people were smiling and active, and friendly. 

I've enough noticed it in microcosm in my own social circle...so much more plans, parties, activities happening and being suggested last summer. This month? Tumbleweed. People just arent enthused to do much when its grey and / or wet for weeks on-end in summer.

Me too...Well I don't want to get reported again  so I'll just say that i think people have had a tough year this year since last winter for reasons we all know, the poor spring, poor July weather has added to that.  Last year the weather was great and people had a little more freedom than they had for a few years....People were certainly more perky this June and so was I lol 😛  But I'm sure this weather we have been stuck in will pass, hopefully in time for us to enjoy another long chunk of summer, sun and warmth

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Me too...Well I don't want to get reported again  so I'll just say that i think people have had a tough year this year since last winter for reasons we all know, the poor spring, poor July weather has added to that.  Last year the weather was great and people had a little more freedom than they had for a few years....People were certainly more perky this June and so was I lol 😛  But I'm sure this weather we have been stuck in will pass, hopefully in time for us to enjoy another long chunk of summer, sun and warmth

Reported?!

• Like 1

Posted

Met Office confirm July has been cooler than average. Whatever will the cold rainfest loving fans use to gaslight us with now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Got to love radio forecasts. Got Capital on in the office and the radio-host during the news break just said "mostly sunny in London". 

Ah, yes, mostly sunny. 😆

Could contain:

Well, there is a smattering of blue sky there! 😜

Posted

My predictions for August - December (Only if the settled weather actually happens duriing August)

August
1st Third - Very Wet and Cool, some sunshine
2nd Third - Drier and Sunnier, some warm days (around the mid-20s)
Final Third - Cool start (21st-24th), though turning hotter later. A hot bank holday reaching 28c. Some thunderstorms

September
1st Week - Very mixed, with some very wet days and some sunny days, temperatures around average
2nd and 3rd Week (8th-22nd) - A very long warm and dry spell, several days reaching the mid-20s. Lots of sunshine
Final Week - Cooler and more unsettled. This first half may be thundery, though the second half will be sunny, temperatures mainly around 17-19c

October
1st Week - Rather mixed, with some sunshine and showers. Temperatures around average
2nd Week - Perhaps one sunny day (maybe the 10th) though otherwise wet and windy. Temperatures just below average
2nd Half - Another long spell of dry and sunny weather, temperatures being very warm, usually around 17-20c. Perhaps a 22-23c on Halloween. Some chilly nights, allowing similar temperatures swings as Spring

November
1st Third - Warm and remaining sunny, a couple sohwery days. Perhaps reaching 20c again on the 1st/2nd
2nd Third - Temperatures cooling down to around or just above average, and very wet, also mostly cloudy. Some days reaching 14/15c. Some sunshine here and there
Final Third - Turning cold and very foggy, perhaps one or two sunny days. Temperatures falling to 5c by day. Then turning mild again on the last 3 days. Perhaps some sunshine. Very Dry

December
1st Week - Mild and dry, some sunshine, allowing a perhaps sping-like feel
2nd Week - Cold and wintry, a couple sunny days, and a couple dull days. Temperautres flaling to negatives by night and only 3-4c by day
3rd Week - Turning mild and very wet and windy, with a risk of flooding
4th Week - Turning cold and snowy, allowing a white Christmas. A mix of foggy and sunny days. Temperatures being 0-2c on foggy days and 3-5c on sunny days. By nights temps may fall to -5c or colder. Snow melting day after boxing day
Final few days - An instant thaw, though remaing dry, maximas going from 3c to 10c in one day. Warm and dry NYE (perhaps upto 15c). NYE could perhaps feel like spring is already arriving (i hope it is)

Posted
2 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Here we go, data from Met office, nothing average about this July, here's to a brighter August to perk us all up 🙂

Sunshine amount July.gif

Rainfall amount July.gif

Mean Max July.gif

Surprised East Midlands isnt in that darker shade of grey, afterall the sunshine I had last month (124 hours) was probably less than 70% of average

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
21 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Reported?!

There are some sad individuals that will report you for having a different opinion unfortunately…

Back to today and it’s not too bad. Not quite august but it’s better than many days last month, shame it won’t last. We’d probably be getting our ridge in by the weekend too if not for that pesky shortwave forming out of nowhere as it tries to build in 🙄

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
2 minutes ago, baddie said:

Surprised East Midlands isnt in that darker shade of grey, afterall the sunshine I had last month (124 hours) was probably less than 70% of average

I'm surprised the south east isn't a couple degrees celcius below average either, probably parts were but rounded up maybe as a whole, maybe the same for you too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Here we go, data from Met office, nothing average about this July, here's to a brighter August to perk us all up 🙂

Sunshine amount July.gif

Rainfall amount July.gif

Mean Max July.gif

Min temp July.gif

I think the far east of East Anglia, along with Kent, has gotten a tad lucky! 🤔

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Methuselah said:

I think the far east of East Anglia, along with Kent, has gotten a tad lucky! 🤔

They were still wetter, cooler an duller than average. A month being in light grey for sunshine or light blue for mean maximas are still poor

Edited by baddie
  • Like 2

Posted

I feel like we were stuck in a loop this year under this pattern :
January - Decent
February - Very Good

March - Poor
April - Mediocre
May - Decent
June - Very Good
July - Poor

Whats next, August being mediocre to continue the pattern, I hope its "mediocre" would be a lot better than that trash month we just endured

Edited by baddie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

nooo .. I have lost my next "Sun" day .....
The heatwave is coming though .... albeit at a "snails pace", it might just arrive in time for June 2024 😉

image.thumb.png.9d072057f4a2b66a70f54f082bc7d719.png

Edited by StingJet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Ah, yes, mostly sunny. 😆

Could contain:

Mostly sunny my a**e, lol! Mostly sunny is at least 6 oktas cloud-free, not the other way around. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
43 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Sunshine amount July.gif

Rainfall amount July.gif

Mean Max July.gif

Min temp July.gif

So there we have it!

The stats show almost the entire UK was cooler, wetter and duller than average. And yet a few on here were adamant that it was an average July for most of the country?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
43 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Sunshine amount July.gif

Rainfall amount July.gif

Mean Max July.gif

Min temp July.gif

Thank you for posting these. It’s official, according to the stats, July was poor for most of the UK, well below average in nearly every category. 
Onwards to August and it’s not starting too brilliantly, hopefully it gets better next week

• Like 1