Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
43 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well today shows how warm things might have been with less wind, no wind, cloudy, rainy humid and been sweating all afternoon doing the shopping. Would have been nicer in the breeze we've been having lol. Never happy are we 

We're British. Moaning about the weather is what we do best, no matter what it's doing. 😂

• Like 7

Posted

‘The WMO released its State of the Global Climate report for 2022 this week, which again highlighted the ongoing rise in global temperatures. But despite this, individual regions can still be colder than average, as the UK will be into next week. Read the full update here’

Haha if anything sums up the UKs weather better than this I’ve yet to see it. Also ‘New Ice Age upon us, but UK winter temperatures stay above normal’. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
25 minutes ago, HellItsHot said:

Haha if anything sums up the UKs weather better than this I’ve yet to see it

I saw that as well, yeah just about sums it up. Its classic. 

Rest of the world - damn, the heat and sunshine really is starting increase!

UK - I'm gonna just chill at 10-15c with cloud and drizzle, and maybe surprise everyone with a burst of 35c out of nowhere in mid-July.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 hours ago, TheOgre said:

Talking of all this dull weather, I wonder what it’s like to like somewhere like the Shetlands or Faroe Islands where weeks on end of dross is expected and there’s almost no chance of any warm weather at any time of the year?

I know everyone has different preferences but surely the everyday people would find the summers up there truly trying!

Definitely the worst climate in my opinion. ‘Depressing’ wouldn’t even come close

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

A lot of negativity around, you'd think we were in the middle of an April 2012 repeat or something! Aside from 10th-12th and this little period we're in, it has been pretty pleasant. Lack of 18c+ days is annoying but most very warm periods in spring are transient anyway and only last a few days before another system pushes it away, we usually have to wait until late May for any lasting warmth. So I'm fine with the dry sunny 14-17c days that this April has given us a lot of. I will admit March was horrific but we're out of that now, and we're unlikely to have a barrage of constant low pressure like that for a while. Models in the long term seem to like the idea of heights near the UK, far from being verified but I am optimistic going into May!

• Like 1

Posted

I feel sooo depressed. It's killed me. I'm at the bottom of the pit. I don't know how I'm going to get through this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

A lot of negativity around, you'd think we were in the middle of an April 2012 repeat or something! Aside from 10th-12th and this little period we're in, it has been pretty pleasant. Lack of 18c+ days is annoying but most very warm periods in spring are transient anyway and only last a few days before another system pushes it away, we usually have to wait until late May for any lasting warmth. So I'm fine with the dry sunny 14-17c days that this April has given us a lot of. I will admit March was horrific but we're out of that now, and we're unlikely to have a barrage of constant low pressure like that for a while. Models in the long term seem to like the idea of heights near the UK, far from being verified but I am optimistic going into May!

Well whoopy doo for you.

Southern Central has continued the cloud fest! Only see 3 days of full sun, the oddone here and there with the sun peeping through the clouds for 30 seconds and somehow we are meant to be happy with that?? Not everyone lives where you do. Just remember that.

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I feel sooo depressed. It's killed me. I'm at the bottom of the pit. I don't know how I'm going to get through this week.

Know how you feel Beka. It does start to affect the mental health when this constant chilly rubbish keeps on and on. Ok last week here we had a couple of sunny days but it never got above 14c. The easterly wind had a definite edge to it. You had to go behind a wall and in the sun to feel any benefit.Warmest temp here was about Feb 17th and we got close to 17c. 1 day. That was it. Nothing since. Shocking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Growing inpatient for that first really mild day now. It’s was genuinely cold this afternoon even in the sun 

Hopeful is will pick up in a couple of weeks time for my holiday in the Lake District 

• Like 1

Posted

I wish Met Office would start using 1981-2010 for CET comparisons. The only thing more depressing than the weather is the constant gaslighting that akshually it's been a mild spring. No it hasn't, it's been cool, damp and miserable. End of.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well whoopy doo for you.

Southern Central has continued the cloud fest! Only see 3 days of full sun, the oddone here and there with the sun peeping through the clouds for 30 seconds and somehow we are meant to be happy with that?? Not everyone lives where you do. Just remember that.

I wouldn’t put Plymouth and lucky in the same sentence, Exeter is much nicer 🤭 

And you guys are usually warmer than us in the south west so there’s positives to be had. Honestly the weather looks to improve very much by next weekend and I really think we’ll be on the up from then, hugs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

People seem to be getting far too used to stupidly warm months…

Quicksilver is spot on with what he’s saying. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well whoopy doo for you.

Sorry I realise that may have come off as gloating, I know I definitely post way too much from an IMBY perspective and it's a habit I need to stop. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling too great, I just noticed the forum was on a bit of a downer today. Didn't mean for it to come off that way at all but I realise it did so I apologise.

We can only hope for some really warm days to come soon, it would do everyone here a lot of good, me included!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

SUN SUN SUN. SOD THE TEMPERATURE... WANT SUN!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Nope would just like my first 16C of the Spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

SUN SUN SUN. SOD THE TEMPERATURE... WANT SUN!!!

Well I agree there, fed up of gloom.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I wouldn’t put Plymouth and lucky in the same sentence, Exeter is much nicer 🤭 

And you guys are usually warmer than us in the south west so there’s positives to be had. Honestly the weather looks to improve very much by next weekend and I really think we’ll be on the up from then, hugs 

First sentence is very true hahaha... if I had the money I'd be moving straight out of here to somewhere with an actual climate!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, plymsunshine said:

Sorry I realise that may have come off as gloating, I know I definitely post way too much from an IMBY perspective and it's a habit I need to stop. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling too great, I just noticed the forum was on a bit of a downer today. Didn't mean for it to come off that way at all but I realise it did so I apologise.

We can only hope for some really warm days to come soon, it would do everyone here a lot of good, me included!

Sorry for being rude. I truly am feeling as bad as I posted as well as highly hormonal.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
1 hour ago, plymsunshine said:

I see your point but it is a moaning thread and we’ve had a lot to moan about this winter/spring. A cold winter at times and cool spring during a time when we are all being screwed over by this government, energy companies and food price profiteering after the past 3 years and the psychological warfare the government played on us it’s no wonder people are struggling…some of us would just like the weather to not be against us too 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 4

Posted

Well I agree there, fed up of gloom.

Just remember not all of us are asking 20+ plus sodding degrees 

• Like 1