Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Was sunnyish at times in Kings Bromley this morning when I visited my 98 year old Nan! big showers close to here now

Brightened up here now and we have our first 16C of Spring. Managed to stay just north of the showers so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Good to see the dandelions in your garden for the bumbles!

Absolutely! Love all the colours at this time of year.

Not mowing the garden all spring and summer. We live in what we think used to be swampland so we get all kinds of flowers, good for the bees and I prefer the look anyway!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Bit of a shock to the system today how humid it is, not nice at all! Nowhere near as comfortable as it has been.

Posted

Pleasant day, a bit too humid when cutting the grass. I was looking forward to Sicily on Monday, but not sure now as French air traffic controllers are on strike Monday. Ryanair asked to cancel 200 odd flights. The thing is the French flights not cancelled, just the over flights. Terrible terrible situation that I have to work to 68 and they disrupt my short holiday so they can retire at 62. If you can do sign the Ryanair petition to ban them from not supporting over flights. It’s so bloody arrogant of them to look after their own and punish little old me and 660000 people so far this year alone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

29th April 2021 top photo vs bottom photo today. 

Foliage on some trees definitely behind, even compared against a chillier April (though sunnier.) Up until yesterday, there has been no real warmth here this season, whereas 2021 by this point there were some warm days. 

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Garden, Grass, Plant, Tree, Interior Design, Vegetation

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Garden, Lawn, Tree, Tree Trunk

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
1 hour ago, Airedalejoe said:

Another abysmal day for time of year with max temp a chilly 7c!!

Will it ever warm up?

Things just aren't improving are they?

Sunshine scarcity and no warmth to speak of, can't believe it's almost May. Much more of this and sun chasing in the car will become my thing!

Posted
1 hour ago, Airedalejoe said:

Another abysmal day for time of year with max temp a chilly 7c!!

Will it ever warm up?

Really? Must be some sea fret in the NE, that is cold. We hit about 16.5 degrees and I would describe today as the first proper warm feeling day, namely because it has felt warm under cloud, a sign the colder season now saying bye fully. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A mixed day today, but the middle of the day was brilliant. Started out rather grey, though milder than recently, but then improved rapidly towards lunchtime. Max of 18.8 °C, easily my highest of 2023 (by about two degrees!), and a decent amount of genuinely warm sunshine. The first time this year I've been able to stroll around in shirtsleeves and feel pleasantly warm. Then it fell apart again, with frequent showers (some heavy) from about 3:30 pm onwards. I walked home from town an hour or so ago and was wet through after ten minutes. It's now dull, damp, overcast and (again) murky enough to need the lights on.

So... half a good day, maybe? Which is half a day more than most of this spring! Next target: a day when it's nice all the time...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
11 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Really? Must be some sea fret in the NE, that is cold. We hit about 16.5 degrees and I would describe today as the first proper warm feeling day, namely because it has felt warm under cloud, a sign the colder season now saying bye fully. 

You'd think so but looking at the output today could be the best day for a while temp wise. Looking disappointingly cloudy once again going forward and no great shakes with the temp, a degree or two below average over the next week to 10 days. Even the early heat in southern Europe gets extinguished. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It’s really remarkable we are on the cusp of May and thinking an odd day of 18c is warm and desperate for any little sun we get….so far this year the weather has not been on our side, surely has to change for better soon?

I guess at least the heating won’t need to be on tonight though will still have a blanket around me on the sofa 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

It’s really remarkable we are on the cusp of May and thinking an odd day of 18c is warm and desperate for any little sun we get….so far this year the weather has not been on our side, surely has to change for better soon?

I guess at least the heating won’t need to be on tonight though will still have a blanket around me on the sofa 

You sleep on the sofa😵

Posted
15 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

No  when watching tv

Oh lol, i sleep on the sofa because i usually have 5 cats on my bed lol. It hit 19c here today in clear blue skies.

• Like 1

Posted

Excellent day here today. Sunny to partly cloudy all day. Local weatherunderground station  topped out at 21.2C, Met off station Credenhill said 19.1C. Got out on bike this evening felt pleasant, first time in bib shorts this year although quite a breeze from the south. Mason bees around the  bee hotels  were out in force and it was a frenzy of activity. Over a month late this year.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day, and finally a proper spring day where you can feel comfortable in a lighter jacket or just a sweater and not feel cold outside.

Not warm enough for shorts in my opinion, but pleasant enough, and still a fresh feel to things. 

Lovely clear evening in west London. This is the kind of day we’ve been missing from the last 2-3 weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

A nice spring day today and felt warmer than of late. I went out in my winter coat and ended up sweating like a pig.

Nice to see that we're finally making progress. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sometimes I don't like the sea breeze. Today was one of those days with it only reaching 14°C here and feeling quite cool. It was nice in the sun when sheltered though 

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Oh lol, i sleep on the sofa because i usually have 5 cats on my bed lol. It hit 19c here today in clear blue skies.

Nice to hear you got clear blue skies, here we had sun and cloud for couple hours then the sun went below the horizon.

5 cats wow! I have one, she’s very delicate, hates loud noises, wind, cold and rain ha 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice day here,no jacket or jumper needed, lots of bees about, birds singing, finally two nice warm days in a row.

Posted
4 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Nice to hear you got clear blue skies, here we had sun and cloud for couple hours then the sun went below the horizon.

5 cats wow! I have one, she’s very delicate, hates loud noises, wind, cold and rain ha 

I have 7 but 5 is the limit in my bedroom lol. I'm sure Devon will get a decent sunny spell come May.

Posted
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I have 7 but 5 is the limit in my bedroom lol. I'm sure Devon will get a decent sunny spell come May.

Bless you 🙂 how do you manage, are they rescues? My cat has 2 beds to choose though, she alternates ha thankfully she strangely doesn’t malt at all unlike my 2 cats I had before her (they passed away at 17 and 18 years old) 

the last time we had a full week of proper sun was February, overall march and April were dull bar a few days here and there, I don’t know how places who get this all the time manage. Will be interesting to see the met off anomaly maps next week for April 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

Window has been closed, and we’ve turned the heating back on, but just on low. It’s started to feel a bit chilly.

Once we break the 20c barrier, I think it will make the evenings and mornings feel a bit warmer. A couple of degrees can make all the difference.

26 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Been a nice day here,no jacket or jumper needed, lots of bees about, birds singing, finally two nice warm days in a row.

Still needed a light jacket where I was. Took it off a few times, but needed to put it back on again, as it’s not quite warm enough in my location. 

• Like 1