Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
Just now, Frigid said:

Well BBC app showing 20C for Saturday here, bound to change though.

11-13c likely a week today in London 

Posted
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

To the coldies and winter lovers. You are curently having a 6 and a half month winter. Surely you can't be all that fed up ? 

They will complain as soon as we have our first 25c day, if that happens this year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

some rather large thunderstorms rolling through Edmonton right now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

To the coldies and winter lovers. You are curently having a 6 and a half month winter. Surely you can't be all that fed up ? 

Don't be silly. It's more like autumn. 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yep, some of these days coming in 4-5C below average, next week could see 6-8C below average in places. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
6 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

That would be fair, if we actually experienced proper winter weather. 

Like I said a few posts above, all the seasons are pretty much alike. We don't really experience true seasons. All just pretty bog standard nothingness all year round.

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Is it going to snow next week? Five feet high and rising? 😁

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Longest day in about 6 weeks,  not had a half decent  week yet,  ☹️just sayin , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

It's been more like a 6 and a half month autumn, with only the first half of December being 'proper' wintry and to a lesser point, the second half of January!  However, not all that inspiring as far as I'm concerned!

Edited by Don

Posted

It's been a very changeable Spring so far with notably limited lengthy dry spells, a feature we haven't become used too in recent years. 

As said it feels akin to 2015.

• Like 1

Posted

In my book temperatures around 12c or below can be easily absorbed in to winter . The fact we have had only a handful of temperatures above that points to the fact it has been a very poor spring. 

36 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Is it going to snow next week? Five feet high and rising? 😁

Your posting style is like a mosquito. In isolation never offensive, Never really noticeable, Never ads value, but when they come along in batches truly Irritating! 

Posted
22 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

It's been a very changeable Spring so far with notably limited lengthy dry spells, a feature we haven't become used too in recent years. 

As said it feels akin to 2015.

March and April 2015 were very dry and sunny here. May was cool but sunny with average rainfall.

As for summer 2015...

June had average temps and sunshine, but was very dry with only 12mm. 

July also average temps and sunshine, but very wet with 70mm (although half of that fell in one afternoon).

August had below average temps, well below average sunshine and was extremely wet, with 116mm.

Edited by B87

Posted
54 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

That would be fair, if we actually experienced proper winter weather. 

Like I said a few posts above, all the seasons are pretty much alike. We don't really experience true seasons. All just pretty bog standard nothingness all year round.

Yeah. Fair comment. The  land of eternal autumn probably sums it up ! 

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Your posting style is like a mosquito. In isolation never offensive, Never really noticeable, Never ads value, but when they come along in batches truly Irritating! 

Much like yours, I guess? And you whine like a mosquito too! 😁

Posted
5 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Are you enjoying this gloomy and wet spring?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B87 said:

Are you enjoying this gloomy and wet spring?

We’ll never know as he always posts sitting just on the other side of the fence. 

20 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

while I moan, I moan consistently and at least add factual input based on statistical analysis freely available. 

Posted
Just now, Alderc said:

We’ll never know as he always posts sitting just on the other side of the fence. 

while I moan, I moan consistently and at least add factual input based on statistical analysis freely available. 

Well, in that case, I hope your prediction comes out right, for once... It will, sooner or later? 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely rotten evening in west London, chucking it down 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
2 hours ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

If May carries on in this style I would be shocked if temps come out as average, you must be joking surely?

Temps have been well below average daily, sunshine amounts well below and rain well above…a very poor spring, certainly not average for us in the south 

I wouldn't say temperatures have been well below average, even in the dull and wet south daytime maxes have been no more than 1.5C below average, and many places have been near average. Sunshine has been notably low across the south and rainfall has been very spatially variable in April, with parts of Kent > 200% of average but much of the SE wasn't nearly as wet as that although still above average. A local region in the north western part of Kent, if the Met Office monthly anomaly maps are to be believed, must be on course for their wettest spring on record at this rate with both March and April seeing more than double the average rainfall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
2 hours ago, simshady said:

Don't be silly. It's more like autumn. 🙂

Well we do get 12c here in Exeter during a mild period in winter, it basically sums up spring 2023 to be getting that in any day in May, it may hover just below or just above 17c but with the lack of sun and rain, feels colder  🥴

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
41 minutes ago, al78 said:

I wouldn't say temperatures have been well below average, even in the dull and wet south daytime maxes have been no more than 1.5C below average, and many places have been near average. Sunshine has been notably low across the south and rainfall has been very spatially variable in April, with parts of Kent > 200% of average but much of the SE wasn't nearly as wet as that although still above average. A local region in the north western part of Kent, if the Met Office monthly anomaly maps are to be believed, must be on course for their wettest spring on record at this rate with both March and April seeing more than double the average rainfall.

I really think it’s the lack of sun more than anything so I think it’ll come out as not just one of the wettest but dullest too. But it has to break at some point, it’s going to feel like heaven when we get out first prolonged spell of warn sunny weather, can’t come soon enough 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
5 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I really think it’s the lack of don more than anything so I think it’ll come out as not just one of the wettest but dullest too. But it has to break at some point, it’s going to feel like heaven when we get out first prolonged spell of warn sunny weather, can’t come soon enough 

?? 🤷‍♂️

Posted
15 minutes ago, Don said:

?? 🤷‍♂️

😂 I meant sun not Don, there’s definitely not a lack of you 😉

• Thanks 2