Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 20th March 2023 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and severe weather

This cell passed over the city at 14:00 with some heavy rain. However no lightning this time 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Plant, Vegetation, Landscape, Grass, Road, Weather

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Person, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Been some showers on and off all day (one or two that were very heavy). Currently some fierce skies to the South-West and North-West of the Barston Lake and Golf Course 
Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Cloud, Cumulus, Sky, Weather, Water, Scenery, LakeCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Canal, Water, Path, Lake, Pond, Lakefront

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Anyone else noticed the hail isn't showing on the weather type radar?. There were intense hail falls around yesterday, but I didn't see the radar showing those.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Disk

Hearing rumbles

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Big storm forming just west of Manston Airport - Kent

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
7 hours ago, James1979 said:

You think that's bad - I'm the ultimate walking storm shield sometimes - working in London yesterday instead of wfh (so would have had storms), wife tells me yet another storm in St Neots and you're not here - not a sausage in London, I hop on a train home and yep once again see the storms rolling away to the East and too far away and then London then storms developing behind me as I leave.  3 times this year already, I've not had a single clap of thunder and managed to avoid every storm in the SE whilst travelling through the areas they had been yesterday, the odds must be fantastic.  I wouldn't mind but it happens every year.  All my family who don't give a monkey's about storms tell me oh yeah yet another one here (Essex, NW London, St Neots) yet I get zip most of the time.  The ultimate personal hell!! 

I've finally seen a whole, single bolt of lightning, just the 1 but I'll savour it nonetheless 😀.  2023 is off the mark...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Cap is properly getting punched through now. The anvil from the S is more or less over my head now! Just had a terrific peel of thunder from it whilst in the garden with a beer. Doesn’t get more perfect to be fair! Sun is still out. 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, anything interesting

Pulled in to Asda car park with a heavy shower incoming

Could contain: Intersection, Road, Car, Vehicle, City, Person, Street, Urban, Road Sign, Symbol

Could contain: Car, Vehicle, Outdoors, City, Road, Nature, Urban, Road Sign, Symbol, Person

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

So guys I've got footage to go through but got hail thunder and a lightning strike next to a bird. Will do some timelapses when I get home probably. Looked like a Supercell when it was coming close though it wasn't.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Some anvil action ongoing with some other nice clouds around. Today feels a lot calmer compared to yesterday, showers are slower moving too. 

Could contain: Electrical Device, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Antenna

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Architecture, Building, Housing, Person

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 hours ago, CoventryWeather said:

Love a good old day of thunderstorms. Had a few nice strikes north of cov yesterday (attached), and a short clip of the CG I got too.. just a mention - how can you work out whether they are a positive or negative CG, just by the flash or by the rumble?

Could contain: Neighborhood, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Architecture, Building, Housing, House, Storm, Suburb

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Neighborhood, Weather, Sky, Architecture, Building, Housing, Storm, House

Best of luck for everyone today.

Positive goes bang, negative crackles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

once again despite being in the warning area absolutely no thunder today......I think thats probably about the 75th time in a row now we have had a warning for storms and had nothing. The fact they get it so wrong so many times up here is incredible.

coming up to 3 years now since I last saw a lighting strike up here....the wait goes on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Interesting comparing yesterdays radar with todays..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Text

...although things are firing now it seems generally smaller areas affected although they are slower moving...only had one moderately heavy shower here today compared with yesterday so far...still hoping for something early evening...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Suddenly looks interesting...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Electrical Device

• Like 9