Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Record Breaking / Abnormal Weather Events Globally

Message added by Blessed Weather,

This thread is for discussing record breaking and abnormal weather events around the globe. If you wish to discuss climate change please head over to the Climate Change area rather than taking this thread off-topic. Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
7 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

Lose credibility in your opinion. This is dangerous talk in my opinion, where you state that someone loses credibility because they have a different view to yourself. This is the basis of the very dangerous cancel culture that has become popular. 

Have a good day.

Not really. By immediately using such divisive, almost derogatory terms you're clearly not willing argue reasonably. 

Besides, the best thing about science is that it doesn't care for your or anyone's opinions, and the science is pretty damn clear.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Not really. By immediately using such divisive, almost derogatory terms you're clearly not willing argue reasonably. 

Besides, the best thing about science is that it doesn't care for your or anyone's opinions, and the science is pretty damn clear.

Well if people trust the lawmakers and media to accurately provide and use the best quality scientific information, free from bias and sensational reporting, and even sensational thinking, then fair enough. 

I notice people replying to my opinion seem to think I'm having an attack on rigorous science, which I am not. I was referring to people who may not always be in full comprehension of the scientific facts, and often these people have to make a living by telling people what they want to hear. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, richie3846 said:

Well if people trust the lawmakers and media to accurately provide and use the best quality scientific information, free from bias and sensational reporting, and even sensational thinking, then fair enough. 

I notice people replying to my opinion seem to think I'm having an attack on rigorous science, which I am not. I was referring to people who may not always be in full comprehension of the scientific facts, and often these people have to make a living by telling people what they want to hear. 

Indeed! 🤫

1 hour ago, richie3846 said:

Lose credibility in your opinion. This is dangerous talk in my opinion, where you state that someone loses credibility because they have a different view to yourself. This is the basis of the very dangerous cancel culture that has become popular. 

Have a good day.

If only we could cancel the stupidity…

• Like 1

Posted

And now it's Tenerife. Or is it merely the MSM? 🤔

1000x563_cmsv2_cfd56ced-b310-58d4-9db9-c
WWW.EURONEWS.COM

The fires are currently in the mountainous area surrounding the volcano Mount Teide.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, reef said:

The simple fact is that many more warm records are being broken than cold, so they are more likely to be reported.

Not to mention places reaching 45 or 50C or having a heat index of 81C are much more dangerous. If it drops one night to 14C in Sardinia it's not exactly newsworthy is it?

And as soon as you mention "left-leaning" or "woke" as above you lose all credibility I'm afraid.

I'd agree but it was a sub zero temperature which beggars belief in August, I presume someone has made a mistake.

Posted

I suspect we're about to hear a lot of news out of the US about extreme heat soon looking at the models.

Charts like this are crazy:

GFSOPNA06_162_2.thumb.png.fe56743599f0db10acc48d2fc875f15c.png

I dont think Ive ever seen such widspread +25C 850hPa air. Widely 40-45C in that setup as far north as the border.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
9 hours ago, Don said:

Definitely something amiss with our planet!! 😥

My view is that the oceans have just gone past a tipping point, and there is no modelling or science that we presently use has any clue what will happen next.

Unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
3 hours ago, matty40s said:

My view is that the oceans have just gone past a tipping point, and there is no modelling or science that we presently use has any clue what will happen next.

Unfortunately.

It’s all very concerning and one has to wonder if long range forecasting will become ever more difficult as the goal posts constantly move?! 🤔🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 17/08/2023 at 09:08, alexisj9 said:

it actually not normal for so many records, hot or cold to go in one summer.

THIS should be the #1 focal point for everyone.

On 17/08/2023 at 11:14, reef said:

The simple fact is that many more warm records are being broken than cold, so they are more likely to be reported.

I've covered my views connected with the rainfall aspect but seems necessary to input my thoughts connected with the temperature scenarios.

Your first paragraph commonly pops up throughout media / Twitter it gets rather complex trying to explain my opinion but I'll give it a bash... 

On 17/08/2023 at 11:14, reef said:

If it drops one night to 14C in Sardinia it's not exactly newsworthy is it?

Coldest start of August for 17>18 years (AT LEAST) across multiple European countries..

Screenshot-20230817-172558-X.jpg

New lowest ever August maximum in De bilt 

It's an important factor for all to remember how we've had a building of subsurface heat and overall heating linking to El Ninò for 3 YEARS so not a gigantic shock getting huge numbers of warm temperature events which have a big % in probabilities to keep occurring possibly with more than one monthly C spike which is a trait of Ninò events particularly those stronger overall

• Like 2

Posted

Screenshot-20230819-211741-X.jpg

Posted

INCREDIBLE HISTORICAL HILARY [This will be covered across an abundance of posts given a ridiculous amount of records broken by Hilary]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/08/2023 at 15:27, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

THIS should be the #1 focal point for everyone.

I've covered my views connected with the rainfall aspect but seems necessary to input my thoughts connected with the temperature scenarios.

Your first paragraph commonly pops up throughout media / Twitter it gets rather complex trying to explain my opinion but I'll give it a bash... 

Coldest start of August for 17>18 years (AT LEAST) across multiple European countries..

Screenshot-20230817-172558-X.jpg

New lowest ever August maximum in De bilt 

It's an important factor for all to remember how we've had a building of subsurface heat and overall heating linking to El Ninò for 3 YEARS so not a gigantic shock getting huge numbers of warm temperature events which have a big % in probabilities to keep occurring possibly with more than one monthly C spike which is a trait of Ninò events particularly those stronger overall

Fact remains. More heat temperatures records are being broken than cold ones throughout recent years. The coldest august 6th on record somewhere doesn’t do anything to disprove that.

Edited by Penguin16
  • Like 2

Posted
19 hours ago, Penguin16 said:

Fact remains. More heat temperatures records are being broken than cold ones throughout recent years. The coldest august 6th on record somewhere doesn’t do anything to disprove that.

🤔🤨 It's not a matter of trying to disprove anything, whether it's hot or cold records,snowfall, rainfall, higher or lower pressure all Meteorological apsects its ALL AS IMPORTANT AS THE OTHER, it really is frustrating how cold related records & events are seen by some and almost batted away as if they carry ZERO importance 😒😑

Anyway a reminder of this statement I put in bold in the opener of this thread 

On 16/05/2023 at 21:47, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I'd also just like to make it clear this is not a thread for any climate change debating (if that's your agenda the climate change zone is the place to go) it's more of a personal thread / goal, obviously it's impossible to cover every event as they continue to increase in frequency which in itself tells a story, those that enjoy my snow and ice record threads during winter know that there's just as much of a cold / snow side to the story as that of a heat related aspect.

I'll be continuing my focus on the records and I welcome everyone to join in with me giving discussion on any events but keep the unfriendly and somewhat immature nature that crept in on a previous page elsewhere please [aimed at all involved not one single member]. TA

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

🤔🤨 It's not a matter of trying to disprove anything, whether it's hot or cold records,snowfall, rainfall, higher or lower pressure all Meteorological apsects its ALL AS IMPORTANT AS THE OTHER, it really is frustrating how cold related records & events are seen by some and almost batted away as if they carry ZERO importance 😒😑

I'll be continuing my focus on the records and I welcome everyone to join in with me giving discussion on any events but keep the unfriendly and somewhat immature nature that crept in on a previous page elsewhere please [aimed at all involved not one single member]. TA

I agree with you, Calum; but just now, it's excessive heat, wildfires and droughts that are the main global concern. And cold records will be around for a long time yet.

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

you missed a very important one excessive rainfall causing minor to major flooding events worldwide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, jonboy said:

you missed a very important one excessive rainfall causing minor to major flooding events worldwide

And that's another result of man-made climate change. 🤔

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Don't let them get you down. You post it all, hot, cold, wet and dry. Certain members don't like any mention of record cold as it doesn't fit the narrative.

It's always great seeing extreme weather reports from other parts of the globe that msm would never cover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Individual events or even summers can't be attributed to climate change. That's what scientists have been continually saying but it doesn't stop plenty of people on here and in the msm blaming everything on climate change...

Posted
1 minute ago, Airedalejoe said:

Don't let them get you down. You post it all, hot, cold, wet and dry. Certain members don't like any mention of record cold as it doesn't fit the narrative.

It's always great seeing extreme weather reports from other parts of the globe that msm would never cover.

There's no 'narrative', Joe; just the screamingly obvious fact that heat records are far outnumbering cold records, just now. And, by the way, whenever anyone witters about the 'MSM,' they have already lost their argument.  🤔

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.
38 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

And that's another result of man-made climate change. 🤔

No it's not some are a natural consequence of a warming world but the vast majority that have occurred this year their intensity and sheer volume is down to hunga tonga and the 10 to 15% increase in total budget of water vapour injected into the stratosphere. This is not spread evenly across the planet so some areas may see water vapour 20 or 30% above normal at a level not usually associated with the normal water vapour cycle.  This has led to the excess totals and much of the flooding we see at present and I would argue much of the excess heat pockets we are seeing this year is also down to this.

The climate change theories cannot explain theses events at the present concentration of co2

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 17/08/2023 at 11:29, richie3846 said:

Have a good day.

Thing is, right leaning left leaning has no business in the climate change debate. It's not a political issue. In fact politics really does need to be kept out of the whole thing.

Of course governments do get involved re coming up with tackling/ not tackling the problem. But that isn't really our discussion here is it. We are discussing the science aspect?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 minutes ago, jonboy said:

No it's not some are a natural consequence of a warming world but the vast majority that have occurred this year their intensity and sheer volume is down to hunga tonga and the 10 to 15% increase in total budget of water vapour injected into the stratosphere. This is not spread evenly across the planet so some areas may see water vapour 20 or 30% above normal at a level not usually associated with the normal water vapour cycle.  This has led to the excess totals and much of the flooding we see at present and I would argue much of the excess heat pockets we are seeing this year is also down to this.

The climate change theories cannot explain theses events at the present concentration of co2

More humidity, higher dew points than usual in set ups?

• Like 1