Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - June 2023

Posted

Recently heard rumbles of thunder. Did not notice it raining but the ground is damp outside.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Given that this was quite a low risk, we haven’t done too badly out of it. I’m sure this is the first time I’ve seen night lightning this year. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Some nice big flashes and long rumbles. Think that’s it for this area but maybe a few more rogue ones left as it passes away to the NE

been a long time since we got something like this feels like a proper little overnight storm for once

• Like 2

Posted

Just as I have got back into bed to go to sleep, another flash and rumble. Rain has started.

• Like 3

Posted

We were woken by thunder around 03.30/03.45, saw a few flashes to the N/NE. It seems the front invigorated around the edge of Salisbury Plain, gained some uplift maybe!?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Could be interesting going into next week and beyond. Wouldn't worry about positioning yet (those are two different low's with the trough forming quite quickly). The ECM shows similar but hasn't got out to the second one yet on the 00Z run.

gh500_20230629_00_132.thumb.jpg.759a93389d1029e2df0d52d96a6e77dc.jpg

gh500_20230629_00_234.thumb.jpg.3e35ab7fed54628dd6cae28c0048a6cb.jpg

gh500_20230629_00_138.thumb.jpg.28c498458906c0fa9712df4d74cf5c8e.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms. The more violent, the better.

At 2am this night, was woken up by a lightning strike. It sounded like something exploded nearby. Loudest I've heard since 2020 at least

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Despite the lack of warnings today I do think a rogue sharp shower can’t be ruled out - feels rather muggy and when the sun does make an appearance it has that post-frontal feel to the air

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Despite the lack of warnings today I do think a rogue sharp shower can’t be ruled out - feels rather muggy and when the sun does make an appearance it has that post-frontal feel to the air

If that makes sense

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well done to those who got thunder last night, rain didn't reach here till this morning, and has been mostly light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave
6 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Finished editing and uploading the footage from Sunday from the North York Moors and eventually ending up near Bridlington. Although storms weren't as spectacular as I had hoped it was a nice day out and there were some decent storms. Probably the most picturesque storm chase I have ever done, with scenery and views. I also don't think I ever remember as many members from Netweather chasing on the same storms either. It is good to see storm chasing in the UK getting more interest 🙂

Great video. Scarily similar to how mine started. Wetherby Services then Sutton Bank!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, MikeUpjohn said:

Great video. Scarily similar to how mine started. Wetherby Services then Sutton Bank!

Wouldn't surprise me if most have a similar start, perhaps next time you should all talk to eachother lol. Sound and looks like we had a proper USA style chaser convergence, but no one knew till after lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

If that makes sense

Yes, AROME has been showing sharp showers with weak to little CAPE forming into the afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
35 minutes ago, MikeUpjohn said:

Thank you. As @alexisj9 says it did seem like we had somewhat of a chaser convergence! I wonder if we passed each other walking around on Sutton Bank? I know there were a number of posts I saw after the chase which confirmed there were a number of us on the same storm, especially the one near Pickering.

• Like 2

Posted

Currently Thunderstorms in Southern Finland. I've heard the sound and seen them for 2 hours now. It's 19 degrees even when it rains. Warm air pushes in from the South and at the same time it's humid. Easy conditions for thunderstorms.

image.thumb.png.cbd6d9d3b2af4d6119736e9326b17ac7.png

Edited by Markus03
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
1 hour ago, Supacell said:

Thank you. As @alexisj9 says it did seem like we had somewhat of a chaser convergence! I wonder if we passed each other walking around on Sutton Bank? I know there were a number of posts I saw after the chase which confirmed there were a number of us on the same storm, especially the one near Pickering.

I think the chasing group that @Zak Mwas with also saw @Ben Sainsbury car parked while chasing that storm around Pickering. So I imagine a good 10-15 chasers around in total from here and elsewhere focused on that storm!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers

Tonight's euro looks decent for storms around the first weekend of July.

Screenshot2023-06-29215836.thumb.png.c490a6553a76aa0af7a7071568f6345f.pngScreenshot2023-06-29215904.thumb.png.2d2d5b21a1e07a587c2303a606cf7d68.pngScreenshot2023-06-29220055.thumb.png.6267a1aa2704f045cf834cdc1e47f9ae.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers

Im sure someone's already posted this here but this has to be one of the best Uk storm chasing vids out there. Sure everyone would love a day like this again.

The wall cloud at 2:27 is something else 😳

Edited by WeatherArc
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Mid July seems to a good time for organised storms. Day or night. 

• Like 1