Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

This spell has felt lovely over the last few days, but has started to become a little on the uncomfortable side now that it has clouded over and it feels more humid. Dry heat and sunshine is great, but humid heat and overcast not so much. I will however take the humidity if it delivers thunderstorms. ⛈️

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Cheshire Freeze said:

🤣

I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Did you not see the constant whining on here in July.

This spell is limited to a week. The July bad weather was the entire month and much of august. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

No North Sea murk this morning despite the Met forecasting it. 

Also cooler than last night at 14C. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, CharlieBear9 said:

There are similar types who appear to think that you really can't wait to hear their car engines revving to oblivion or exhausts backiring every time the temperature exceeds 22c.

Yeah we have some, I hope these aren't more. Think the only problem though was the weather, apart from for there attached neighbors. I wouldn't have been able to hear it if the window was closed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
40 minutes ago, cheese said:

No North Sea murk this morning despite the Met forecasting it. 

Also cooler than last night at 14C. 

Wind is from the northwest here, so I expect it's similar by you, would explain why no north sea muck. 19⁰ out 29 in my upstairs rooms. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
8 hours ago, Cheshire Freeze said:

🤣

I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Did you not see the constant whining on here in July.

I think the constant whining in July was way more justified. It was miserable for far longer this summer, compared to any hot spell.

My co worker is the same. He’s just a misery lol.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Very dense fog here visibility below 100m

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Finally got some days off now  and it is currently full cloud so I am going to avoid looking at the Met Office forecast as it will no doubt say overcast all day and I'll just stick to the BBC's extremely over-optimistic forecast of sun all day 😂

• Like 3

Posted
42 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Finally got some days off now  and it is currently full cloud so I am going to avoid looking at the Met Office forecast as it will no doubt say overcast all day and I'll just stick to the BBC's extremely over-optimistic forecast of sun all day 😂

If it makes you feel better mate, today is the first day of sunshine and 28c I’m getting since Sunday.

Monday until yesterday was dull and humid, with also a cool feeling when the wind kicked in, and some thunderstorms thrown into the mix.

Thankfully we didn’t get caught up in the awful floods about 100 miles or further south and west of us. 

It’s been really bad over this part of the world. 

Back on the sun lounger now and ready to bake and swim 👍

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
13 hours ago, danm said:

I think we’re a long, long way off something like that. 

Yes. We skimmed 40 once and now it’s expected that every heatwave will achieve that day after day for as long as it lasts! 🙄

• Like 6

Posted

Milky off white skies this morning and a pale sun. 19c. On the subject of grime music. I would never advocate people having it blasting out of open windows at 4am I quite like some of it. Grime is similar to punk in that it angrily defies the entitled privileged rich idiots who run this country. I am an old punk. I still go and see the old punk bands whenever they come round by me. What's left of them ! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Milky off white skies this morning and a pale sun. 19c. On the subject of grime music. I would never advocate people having it blasting out of open windows at 4am I quite like some of it. Grime is similar to punk in that it angrily defies the entitled privileged rich idiots who run this country. I am an old punk. I still go and see the old punk bands whenever they come round by me. What's left of them ! 

I always think headphones are such a wonderful invention, people can blast their music as loudly as they like then. 
Warm morning here, some high level cloud but the sun is breaking through, currently 21°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A bit more high cloud around this morning, but plenty of sunshine coming through. Warm and humid out there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
2 hours ago, seabreeze86 said:

Very dense fog here visibility below 100m

Feeling rather cool at only 16C.

I spent yesterday evening listening to the sound of a lone foghorn from a cable laying ship off the coast of Saltburn.

Eerily relaxing, but would prefer to join in on the heatwave.

• Like 6

Posted

The BBC have smashed it out of the park again with their forecast...

Could contain:

Edited by Alexis

Posted
12 hours ago, Don said:

This current spell of weather does feel very similar to that in August 2020, which of course was also very humid and a period of weather I detested!  Some models are showing the possibility of mid-30's temperatures on Sunday now! 🥵 

Could the 36C September max temp record be under threat now. Never thought that was going to be on

Posted
10 minutes ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Could the 36C September max temp record be under threat now. Never thought that was going to be on

Nowt surprises me these days when it comes to heat records tumbling and seem to pop up last minute in the models!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted

23c here, mainly sunny, some high wispy cloud about. High humidity though, at 82%, which makes it feel more like 32c.

Enjoy the day, folks😎👍

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

This spell has felt lovely over the last few days, but has started to become a little on the uncomfortable side now that it has clouded over and it feels more humid. Dry heat and sunshine is great, but humid heat and overcast not so much. I will however take the humidity if it delivers thunderstorms. ⛈️

Me too, fingers crossed for some severe thunderstorms, there’s certainly potential 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
36 minutes ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Not sure we will get anywhere near that, 32-33 tops. Will be more the longevity of the 30C+ heat that's noteworthy.

Meanwhile, very frustrating to have the heat and humidity and this neck of the woods is unlikely to get much/any reward in the form of thunderstorms!

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Whatever patchy high cloud there was this morning is burning away, lots of sunshine now. Pushing 26c at 11am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

A good 2-3C cooler currently compared to this time yesterday, 24C now which I don't mind at all, feels more comfortable. Very hazy with the mid - high level cloud. The odd few showers i'm seeing on radar here, but not a chance they'll make it to the ground.

Could contain:

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1