Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, SunnyG said:

Indeed! They are all over the place ugh.

September is already (no matter what happens after the week-end) better than July. Madness.

And butterflies. I can't remember seeing so many butterflies in London in mid-September....

No difficult feat there… February was better than July! 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

So unlucky this morning, light rain this morning for half an hour, but just to the south it's sunny! Tomorrow should be better hopefully.

anim_vis_uk.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, SunnyG said:

Indeed! They are all over the place ugh.

September is already (no matter what happens after the week-end) better than July. Madness.

And butterflies. I can't remember seeing so many butterflies in London in mid-September....

I have loads flying about, mostly whites though.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bristle Si said:

Love spiders, but my wife hates 'em - "Chuck it out! Chuck it out!". 🤣

I do the chucking out here, I'm 90% sure, the same ones find a way back in too. Which is fine by me, I only remove those that end up in one of the kids rooms, or get spotted by one of the kids somewhere, otherwise they do no harm, and are welcome.

Posted
17 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I do the chucking out here, I'm 90% sure, the same ones find a way back in too. Which is fine by me, I only remove those that end up in one of the kids rooms, or get spotted by one of the kids somewhere, otherwise they do no harm, and are welcome.

A silly question, but may I ask how the spider chuckers get rid of the spiders? Do you pick them up with your hands, or in a glass? I am very much afraid of spiders, which is not something I'm happy about as an animal lover, so have to ask others to get rid of them; and out of all of us in the household, it's usually me that has one on a shoe or my arm, in a bag, in the wardrobe on my clothes, on the wall next to me... it's like they know!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

A silly question, but may I ask how the spider chuckers get rid of the spiders? Do you pick them up with your hands, or in a glass? I am very much afraid of spiders, which is not something I'm happy about as an animal lover, so have to ask others to get rid of them; and out of all of us in the household, it's usually me that has one on a shoe or my arm, in a bag, in the wardrobe on my clothes, on the wall next to me... it's like they know!

Glass or cup, or anything that you can put over it, if you don't like seeing them a cup is good, and paper to slide under. Then just let them go outside.

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, looking at them you think, how is that going to take down a house spider, but then see them in action. They move so fast!

They also have really powerful venom, but their 'fangs' cant pierce human skin as they are too small. 

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

With my hand.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
41 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

With my hand.

Careful with those giant house spiders Si. Contrary to what many people think, they can occasionally nip. I know this because I accidentally squished one with my leg in bed one time as I had no idea it was there.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Penguin16 said:

I kill all false windows I’m come across. Invasive species that can deliver a nasty bite. They live longer than other spider species here and in Shropshire there’s a case of them feeding off captured bats in their webs. Horrid things.

My little girl got bitten by a small one earlier in the year and was in a huge amount of pain. She even picked up scar on her knee from the bite. There are berzillions of them around here!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Lovely out there, 23c with bright sunshine. 

Posted

20c, cloudy, muggy. 

But managed to cut the grass after 2 weeks out of the country. The cut was like the 1st one in early Spring! Couldnt believe how long it was, but abs full of weeds and clover. The damned lawn was only re-laid 5 years ago and it's a right mess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

21C with long sunny spells. Today has turned out much nicer than I expected. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
35 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

20c, cloudy, muggy. 

But managed to cut the grass after 2 weeks out of the country. The cut was like the 1st one in early Spring! Couldnt believe how long it was, but abs full of weeds and clover. The damned lawn was only re-laid 5 years ago and it's a right mess.

If you put weed and feed down, being careful with measurements for your size lawn you should be good (miracle grow one)...I put weed and feed down during April and then September and it really helps with limiting weeds, it also makes the lawn alot greener too.  I just did mine a week ago and ran out near the end and there's a noticeable difference from the area I put weed and feed down to area I didn't.  Scarifying once a year as well helps, over seeding and aerating once a year if you have clay soil...

2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Lovely day at last! 23c! Lush!!

Nice, so jealous, it's cloudy and cool here, I think tomorrow will be nicer 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
49 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

20c, cloudy, muggy. 

Ps do it on a dry day, don't water the weed and feed in for a day, if it doesn't rain on day 2 then just water it in with the hose

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Nice to have the cool and cloud, better than that heat/ humid fest last week 😊

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

nice few days coming up lots of sunshine temps 20-24c after that daytime highs and night time lows start to slide to mid to lows teens and close to freezing at night by the end of next week.

Posted
14 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

I'll take the heat, we have at least 5/6 months of cool coming up after this month...argh ha ha 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
27 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

I'd rather something like yesterday to be prevalent during a lot of the first half of autumn; temperatures were still pleasant enough, but at least fairly sunny which helps to elevate the mood, especially as daylength become shorter very quickly now.

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Penguin16 said:

I kill all false windows I’m come across. Invasive species that can deliver a nasty bite. They live longer than other spider species here and in Shropshire there’s a case of them feeding off captured bats in their webs. Horrid things.

I hate them too, they are very aggressive. I saw one trying to eat a big snail once, not heard of bats though, wow