Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Breeze, thick cloud and 24c. The breeze is making the sunbed now too cold.

Was it the 16c or the hot blooded male bit you disagreed with?😄

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

Was it the 16c or the hot blooded male bit you disagreed with?😄

16c darling. Too cold for meeee x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

16c darling. Too cold for meeee x

Phew....!

• Thanks 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

I think this is mostly right except the snow haters bit. Most people I know prefer summer but when winter comes snow makes it a lot more enjoyable for them. Obviously with older people I can understand why they might not enjoy it so much!

You should see how busy it gets during winter. During the December cold spell you couldn't keep up, pages upon pages every minute 😂

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
48 minutes ago, markyo said:

It is mate, thanking the powers that be the temps have dropped, they were wearing this old man out rapidly..Hope the coming Winter isn't to bad for yourself, i know how its not your favourite time of year shall we say!

Thanks mate 🙏 I do like many things about all the seasons, but winter is my least favourite, mainly due to low levels of sunlight. Otherwise, there can be a lot of potentially interesting and at times exciting weather to enjoy. Hope winter is all you hope it to be 😊 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Thanks mate 🙏 I do like many things about all the seasons, but winter is my least favourite, mainly due to low levels of sunlight. Otherwise, there can be a lot of potentially interesting and at times exciting weather to enjoy. Hope winter is all you hope it to be 😊 

Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about Winter is the darkness, in fact once we get less than 12 hours daylight we're basically in the darker half of the year aren't we? that's only 10 days away here in Manchester. We don't come out of it until after the middle of March.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about Winter is the darkness, in fact once we get less than 12 hours daylight we're basically in the darker half of the year aren't we? that's only 10 days away here in Manchester. We don't come out of it until after the middle of March.

Not long to go until nights are longer than days 😢 SAD doesn’t usually hit me badly until January. Let’s hope it’s a sunny (and cold) winter!

Looks like something is trying to grow here, still warm at 25°C 

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
2 hours ago, SollyOlly said:

That'll be me, @stainesbloke! ha ha.  Just as there's those who want extensive heat in the summer, I want extensive cold in the winter. Perhaps neither preferences are especially realistic...?! Much as I love snow (and I really do!), the temperatures are the thing for me...the colder the better. Of course, lovely winter sunshine often accompanies the coldest days! Cold and grey not as appealing as cold and sunny, but I'll take the cold anyway... 🙂 

Indeed, we aren't in the best location for either those who like sunny and warm summers, or properly frigid and snowy winters.

Most people on here would most prefer an Alpine type climate! Plenty of sun year round, properly snowy in winter, and many warm and usable days from April to September (but not usually *too* hot). 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Alderc 2.0 said:

Still 23C and with no wind it’s very pleasant. Probably the last summer type evening for 8-9months and I’m enjoying at a friends birthday. Can’t see why anyone wants this to end. 

With you there mate. Let's  have easterly blizzards and minus 5 instead. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

My preferred climate is like Sri Lanka. 28 30c max. 24/25c min all year round. I know it won't happen so I might as well shut up !

I prefer either a hot dessert climate, actually southern US would be good as you get the ‘monsoon’ season thrown in for good measure. If not that maybe any tropical or subtropical climate that doesn’t have frost or max temps below 20C at the coolest time of the year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
6 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

With you there mate. Let's  have easterly blizzards and minus 5 instead. 

Well, a week of that in each of December, January and February would be fair enough...seasonal, after all...! Although it'll probably be 20c in late Feb knowing our luck these days.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, SollyOlly said:

Well, a week of that in each of December, January and February would be fair enough...seasonal, after all...! Although it'll probably be 20c in late Feb knowing our luck these days.

As much as it pains me I have a bad feeling for winter 23/24. Its gonna be one of those. Like 87 or 95. I can see it coming. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
22 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

I prefer either a hot dessert climate, actually southern US would be good as you get the ‘monsoon’ season thrown in for good measure. If not that maybe any tropical or subtropical climate that doesn’t have frost or max temps below 20C at the coolest time of the year.

27 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

My preferred climate is like Sri Lanka. 28 30c max. 24/25c min all year round. I know it won't happen so I might as well shut up !

I’d prefer continental, anywhere where’s there’s 2500+ sunshine hours a year…temps in the summer of around 25c, not too humid, the odd dusting of snow and cold in winter but generally mild and the thunderstorms…so close to home would be southern France…or in the USA maybe Northern California or Oregon, Indiana, Ohio (but not the severe cold in winter)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I’d prefer continental, anywhere where’s there’s 2500+ sunshine hours a year…temps in the summer of around 25c, not too humid, the odd dusting of snow and cold in winter but generally mild and the thunderstorms…so close to home would be southern France…or in the USA maybe Northern California or Oregon, Indiana, Ohio (but not the severe cold in winter)

That doesn't sound too bad to me.i will accept that !!🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

That doesn't sound too bad to me.i will accept that !!🙂

To be honest southern England would be such an ideal climate if sunshine amounts were 2500+. Many of us have said it on here a few times before but I guess that’s what happens living on an island surrounded by sea. I know some coastal areas in the south west and south east are near 2000 hours but it’s still kinda 50/50 in regards to cloudy days or sunny days though i’d lean more to the south east as it’s warmer and a little dryer…Eastbourne sounds nice, I’d say Bognor Regis which I think Is the sunniest but I just could never say I lived in a place with bog in its name no offence 😂🤭

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

After another stunner today, it probably brings to an end summer for this year and the best first half of September in history. It’s been warmer than every first half of august bar 8, and warmer than all but 5 first half of Julys since 1772. That’s how impressively hot it’s been. The records just keep on piling up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Phew....!

If ever I negative you with the blue thing do NOT take it personally! It will be related to some temperatures you quoted 😂 I like you sweetie and you know it x

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
  • Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

To be honest southern England would be such an ideal climate if sunshine amounts were 2500+. Many of us have said it on here a few times before but I guess that’s what happens living on an island surrounded by sea. I know some coastal areas in the south west and south east are near 2000 hours but it’s still kinda 50/50 in regards to cloudy days or sunny days though is lean more to the south east as it’s warmer…Eastbourne sounds nice, I’d say Bognor Regis which I think Is the sunniest but I just never say I lived in a place with bog in its name 😂🤭

I have noticed since Tuesday SE has been summer like. During this time Dudley has suffered rain all day Tuesday. Rain all day Thursday. 

Posted

I hope the Met Office models are incorrect about the second half of September. Just like how the models were wrong about May and August would be miserable, unsettled months, and they both actually turned out decent, so I have faith. Looks like the first half of October could be almost an extension of summer. Maybe if they give us another second half of this July in September, it wouldnt be too bad

Edited by baddie

Posted
2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I have noticed since Tuesday SE has been summer like. During this time Dudley has suffered rain all day Tuesday. Rain all day Thursday. 

We’ve  (the south west) been in the middle ground this week, overall not poor but not great but warm ish with sun, cloud and rain. Sorry it’s been rubbish you up there 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

It's been a beautiful evening here today - so warm and sunny.  I fear that is the last until next April/May though!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1