Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Yet again, my area misses out on all the action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
20 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

NW been on wrong side of split, was expecting 25C and mostly sunny here, but not a minute of sun, windy and felt more like April

Been decent this week here for the most part. Not as hot as the SE but avoiding the cold wet weather in Scotland/far northern England. Today was 21C with sunny intervals. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Looking at the satellite imagery, I'm surprised anywhere in the UK had sunny spells today- The whole island is covered in cloud lol! Not much rain here today, just boring poxy grey skies.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
11 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Just saw in the model highlights thread that there's potential for more heat in the weeks ahead? What a crazy autumn it's been so far.

I hope so, need a week or 2 of warmth and sun to see us through the cooler darker months.

bbc weather looks the week after next, lots of sun and 21C, I’d take that…we’ve just had nearly a months worth of rain in one day so think September will come out as wetter and warmer than average, need another 50 or so hours to come in as sunnier than average

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Just saw in the model highlights thread that there's potential for more heat in the weeks ahead? What a crazy autumn it's been so far.

EC seems to suggest maybe, but the last 'heat' never arrived, yesterday was windy, proper grey and feeling more like early Spring

image.thumb.png.bfbed26e5200d06a293d0eaa7ddc3099.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
57 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Looking at the satellite imagery, I'm surprised anywhere in the UK had sunny spells today- The whole island is covered in cloud lol! Not much rain here today, just boring poxy grey skies.

We had some blue sky here earlier, a couple of hours may be, was nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
4 minutes ago, infiniteblackskies said:

Ugh no thanks. It's autumn for god sake! It's time for the temperatures to go down. This simply isn't normal or fun.

I know, I'm ready to wear my boots and jumpers

Posted

Yeah, I know some people have a preference for warmth, but it's not 'right' to keep having so much heat around in to October. 

We shouldn't be happy about it, we should be worried. A warming world is going to cause us so many issues, and not just us, but animals and plants as well. 

Granted super cold would also cause issues, but we almost never get that these days, it's record breaking warmth on the rise.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
7 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Yeah, I know some people have a preference for warmth, but it's not 'right' to keep having so much heat around in to October. 

We shouldn't be happy about it, we should be worried. A warming world is going to cause us so many issues, and not just us, but animals and plants as well. 

Granted super cold would also cause issues, but we almost never get that these days, it's record breaking warmth on the rise.

And the worst thing about it is that it doesn't seem to make a difference to the amount of thunderstorms people get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
23 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

The main issue I’m gonna face is not having to put the heating on for a long time. Serious stuff I know!

• Like 3

Posted
47 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Civilization's have prospered well in warm periods, not so much in ice ages. You're entitled to your opinion, no probs there but in my opinion, I'm thanking the lord that we are warming rather than falling into an ice age. I think the energy companies would be absolutely livid for another warm spell though!

Posted
1 minute ago, SunSean said:

Civilization's have prospered well in warm periods, not so much in ice ages. You're entitled to your opinion, no probs there but in my opinion, I'm thanking the lord that we are warming rather than falling into an ice age. I think the energy companies would be absolutely livid for another warm spell though!

We've never been through a warm period like this as a civilisation, so that isn't really correct.

And as someone who lives on the coast, I'd rather not be flooded due to rising sea levels. Money saved on heating bills isnt much cop if my house is underwater! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, infiniteblackskies said:

Ugh no thanks. It's autumn for god sake! It's time for the temperatures to go down. This simply isn't normal or fun.

There is nothing exceptional about low 20s temperatures in late September.

Why anyone expects sweater weather in a month that’s as warm as June I’ll never understand. Feels like we go through this every year where some people are shocked that September is in fact still a warm month. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 6

Posted
29 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

We've never been through a warm period like this as a civilisation, so that isn't really correct.

And as someone who lives on the coast, I'd rather not be flooded due to rising sea levels. Money saved on heating bills isnt much cop if my house is underwater! 

Never experienced a warm period like this before? Think we will have to agree to disagree on that one 😊

Edited by SunSean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
10 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

Should be fun to see if we can challenge the October record high this year!

Prefer to have the October record low challenged. Aren't there enough warm records being broken these days?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, sundog said:

Prefer to have the October record low challenged. Aren't there enough warm records being broken these days?

not really want that, still wouldn't be cold enough for snow at low levels, would prefer it warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Making up for no summer in July ???

Maybe you will have your summer back next year. One poor July and you heat lovers cry foul.  How many months out of the last 24 have been above average? The vast majority and I don't expect that trend to change much . This month, there that's another one  more then likely to add to the list.....

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, sundog said:

Maybe you will have your summer back next year. One poor July and you heat lovers cry foul.  How many months out of the last 24 have been above average? The vast majority and I don't expect that trend to change much . This month, there that's another one  more then likely to add to the list.....

Very bitter....

• Like 2