Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - September 2023

Supacell

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Haha...not sure @Cakie would agree.  That storm looks insane

Not the best ever (Ottery St Mary) but really long. Around an hour, with lots of lightening and thunder, including some very loud thunder 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Tornados and Windstsorms.
4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Pretty sure Torro have done one? 

I had checked the website and no they had not done one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I live in the faintest of hope that October will deliver at least a towering cumulus to my part of the world. 

Better than that dear…

we might get heavy rain 😝

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Hunstanton back at it again.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Better than that dear…

we might get heavy rain 😝

We don’t usually have an issue with that here. Stratus and nimbostratus is a frequent visitor 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

We don’t usually have an issue with that here. Stratus and nimbostratus is a frequent visitor 

Nimbostratus sounds scary

Posted

Looks like some cracking storms today and hope those who had them filled their boots. Given last years epic storm on the 23rd October I guess there’s still time for us storm starved southerners to get a quick flash! 

• Like 1

Posted

Another day of a forecast for this area being SO wrong. Very frustrating when you cancel plans because you rely on the forecast of incompetent people who claim to know about weather. This happens every bloody time. How many more times are they going to put us in the severe weather warning area and it turns out to be the very opposite, a glorious day? I understand its only a 'risk' of storms, but they can't be wrong this often. Just don't put us in a,warning area, if anything happens fine but I'd rather that then be led to believe something that never happens. *sigh*

Posted
2 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Another day of a forecast for this area being SO wrong. Very frustrating when you cancel plans because you rely on the forecast of incompetent people who claim to know about weather. This happens every bloody time. How many more times are they going to put us in the severe weather warning area and it turns out to be the very opposite, a glorious day? I understand its only a 'risk' of storms, but they can't be wrong this often. Just don't put us in a,warning area, if anything happens fine but I'd rather that then be led to believe something that never happens. *sigh*

I understand your frustration; I'm frustrated with today's outcome as well, but to put this on the forecasters is harsh and, in my opinion, wrong.

It was a really tricky one to call today with a lack of cross model agreement, even this morning! When you've got that sort of short-term discrepancy, it's much harder for the pros to nail the specifics hence the wide warning area. Just because you or I didn't cop a storm doesn't prove there's incompetence there, just that our weather is sometimes very fickle and unpredictable!

Have a good evening 😎

• Like 6