Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - mid Autumn

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

image.thumb.png.0240075e5518d354d26260881c72c0ab.png

Frigid by the end..

Indeed.

ECM once again producing great 12z charts.. not too dissimilar to what we saw on Friday with the Atlantic to a standstill. Hopefully they're onto something here 😄

gh500_20231124_12_240.thumb.jpg.2772e782a5df25fc9bc972e915f1bbad.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
Just now, Ali1977 said:

We love knee jerk reactions though, and we are all trying to find any sliver of hope that this cold blast lasts till the end of February, it’s not a big ask really. I do apologise for the amount of posts I do though, all off a mobile phone so hence the amount of grammar issues - I do love the chase though 👌

Don’t be silly you’re very intelligent and clearly know your beans. I love reading your posts, don’t quit!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

The transition between day 8 into 9 is like one of those how did that happen moments .

Its like the ECM parted the Red Sea !

SSO .

Suspicious Synoptic Outcome 

The ECM does a Flash Gordon. It amplifies the troughing just in time and manages to squeeze the ridge further ne through the eye of a needle .

I’d of course love to see a Scandi high but you’d need the ridge further north with a clean route ne .

It will definitely be gone on the next run. The route to where it got at 240hrs just isn't practical. Nice to look at but pure FI

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, January Snowstorm said:

It will definitely be gone on the next run. The route to where it got at 240hrs just isn't practical. Nice to look at but pure FI

Could you explain why to Newbies?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
Just now, nick sussex said:

The transition between day 8 into 9 is like one of those how did that happen moments .

Its like the ECM parted the Red Sea !

SSO .

Suspicious Synoptic Outcome 

The ECM does a Flash Gordon. It amplifies the troughing just in time and manages to squeeze the ridge further ne through the eye of a needle .

I’d of course love to see a Scandi high but you’d need the ridge further north with a clean route ne .

Tbh nick, someone suggested it might happen and I thought, not a chance energy is going over the top. I was surprised to say the least.

I thought, well maybe as the pv is over the other side and the jet stream is weak that’s why it happened.  But yes I was surprised but hey we can look and dream until the morning at least.👍

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, AdrianHull said:

Could you explain why to Newbies?

Because at 168hrs a tiny area of high pressure that no other models show to our Southwest moves through us and into Scandi. The initial high is very doubtful and hence rest of run 100/1 stuff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Wow what an absolute beauty of an ECM run there. Long way back to anything mild if the ecm is to be believed. But it definitely ties in with what Chris flakes was saying earlier on countryfile 

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all,has to be one of the best ECM charts I have seen for a very very long time this 12z ECM is mind boggling if correct with Greenland high being replaced with major northern blocking that would surely put the cat amongst the pigeons Exeter ie met office will need to reprogram Glosea .Lets wait with baited breath and everything else crossed.

• Like 4

Posted

Another model , high res but only runs till T102 so Thurs lunchtime - this has the snow piling up earlier so I imagine lots into Friday 

IMG_0057.png

IMG_0058.png

IMG_0059.png

IMG_0060.png

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, January Snowstorm said:

Because at 168hrs a tiny area of high pressure that no other models show to our Southwest moves through us and into Scandi. The initial high is very doubtful and hence rest of run 100/1 stuff

I once backed a horse for 150/1 and it won 😂. But fair point 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, January Snowstorm said:

I actually felt it was quiet plausibile between day 9 and 10.. heights were being pushed east and pumped up be energy over Greenland.. putting pressure on trough over scandi that was shunted south as consequence…

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Great read tonight guys, can't keep up 😂

ECM 12z is perfect for prolonging any cold, and to not see a breakdown around the 5/6th. Much prefer the slack flow opposed to a deepening low. Bit imby but we don't benefit much from them anyways and it would allow for homegrown cold to entrench. Also it'd mean a lesser chance of it pulling warm Atlantic winds with it.. high risk high reward type event. But of course, for people south of the M4 it's a perfect scenario.

I'll just leave this here.. chart of the week.

image.thumb.png.1ddabc3737db6d77a862849094677bac.png  image.thumb.png.4bbe592a32980499821a22abe21b15a9.png

• Like 6

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

Another model , high res but only runs till T102 so Thurs lunchtime - this has the snow piling up earlier so I imagine lots into Friday 

IMG_0057.png

IMG_0058.png

IMG_0059.png

IMG_0060.png

I think that model is a high resolution version of the GFS.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
Just now, MattStoke said:

I think that model is a high resolution version of the GFS.

Agree, or at least, it uses the output from the latest GFS run for its initial conditions

• Like 1