Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into Winter

Message added by Paul,

This thread is for model related chat and discussion. Please head over to the Winter chat thread if your post isn't about the models. If you'd like some localised weather chat, make sure you've joined your regional group

Please use the insightful reaction on posts you think should be copied to the model highlights thread.

As ever, please keep to the community guidelines, the guiding principles of which are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted

The outlook to me next week is Atlantic driven especially later in the week..I cant see any heights developing,things look too active again..the gfs mean at 168 is nothing special..the main feature there is that fairly deep low!we need to get rid of that..although it could help with WAA couldn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well clutching at straws maybe but the mean stays below the LT mean and a reasonable number of ens stay cold..

ens_image-2023-11-29T175748_076.thumb.png.505e7966ce673c3ccf6b4391b2464118.png

..op at top again...(and control)

Edited by minus10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

What is this indicating dennis?

it shows that we see an NH blocking again in dec23

details to far from now but theres some ahead on winter 

image.thumb.png.dd2f2ad7404e01a398aafb82d8316b2c.png

image.png

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 5

Posted

Dont think this ecm run shall back gfs unfortunately!shortwave to northwest of uk ready to enggage the low in the atlantic and bring it further north towards us to shorten this cold spell even further!lets see....

Edited by sheikhy
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
10 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

UKV just has plain rain for most Sat night / Sunday morn 🥲

B85DF6ED-EE5C-4A81-9103-1DC250235ABC.jpeg

I suspect the track of this feature is going to keep varying considerably until T+0.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
1 minute ago, PiscesStar said:

Does this indicate the cold will be harder to eradicate then Dennis? 

I misread that first time as "Does this indicate the cold will be harder to eradicate than Dennis?"!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

Slightly better heights around greenland this run..could it mean anything later on..we will see

image.thumb.png.b2d19b04faad1d22ff5a8b7a921759a4.png you would think sliding on that energy moving out from Newfoundland... got that look... I guess 120 will make me look a fool 🙂

its thinking about it at 120. slip / slide...

image.thumb.png.74aeb808b32a54599d3995c253f6056b.png

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

image.thumb.png.b2d19b04faad1d22ff5a8b7a921759a4.png you would think sliding on that energy moving out from Newfoundland... got that look... I guess 120 will make me look a fool 🙂

its thinking about it at 120. slip / slide...

image.thumb.png.74aeb808b32a54599d3995c253f6056b.png

I'm guessing rain from that low at 120..a little further south would be great!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

ECM T120 v 0z T132:

IMG_7828.thumb.png.13299a5d4d45f2768f0bcf4a453f8174.pngIMG_7827.thumb.png.9d1c0555bc93f8317ac6c65a94484fd9.png

Much better.  Mind you, the 0z run was from the bottom shelf!

Block putting up more of a fight, and heights actually higher over Scandi, we might need that later.

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

I suspect the track of this feature is going to keep varying considerably until T+0.

Yep, watch it by the hour, it may misbehave.

• Like 1