Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

Andy Bown Yup sun here too!

IanCD Welcome welcome!! WAve Wave!! Sorry despite being part of this forum for 100 years I dont know the answer to your question!

• Like 1

Posted

Todays North Easterly gave a nasty dose of the Nadgers.Other gardeners complained of similar symptoms it can be quite nasty

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It’s been sunny more or less all afternoon here but that wind is really making it feel quite unpleasant. Unusual to have such a strong wind from the NE and although it’s cold it’s definitely not as cold as a proper NE’ly would be. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Crackin' day to get the washing dry, plenty of breeze, plenty of sun , and that's good enough to get the washing dry. We try again tomorrow before the rain sets in.

• Like 1

Posted

IanCD Ian it was moving east, but it was the top half of a low pressure area, which spins anti clockwise. So imagine a spinning top spinning anticlockwise as it moves across the floor, it kept moving East but had the northern part of the low across the area, which needed to clear. So it kept going for quite sometime (as expected to be honest).

BTW we have more rain forecast later this week so I'd suggest getting the car where it needs to be before we hit our next inbound lows on Thurs and Friday (with some rain on Weds).

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted

saw the sun this morning, then i went outside. A biting, strong northerly wind, created a feel like temp of 0c

nice to be in the sun, but spring warmth? not yet. That wind cut through me like a knife

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

matt111 years ago the OH took me for an early February birthday treat to Wroxham on the Broads.I don't have a problem with the cold....normally.Like loons we decided Cromer would be a good destination.Ignoring her fears of the bitter Northerly I set off to the end of Cromer Pier.I have never known such cold.The wind cut like a knife.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

IanCD Welcome to the forum. Most members are friendly, as far as I know!

Hope your flooding has receded now and you have had blue skies today. Seems we have to make the most of it before the rains come again later in the week.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like a cessation in the windy conditions, my washing is not swinging around so much now, BUT it is dry!

image.thumb.png.67ccedadadff42639233cbfd0ffe8864.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

No rain please!?

Ah which day did  you have in mind? July 19th, 'coz it's not looking good this week?

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted

@jy ...

On the mower front, I'm looking at one of these...

Hyundai  HYM530SPR 196cc Self-Propelled Petrol Roller Lawnmower 530mm (21")

81ClfmLZjL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_FMwebp_.thumb.webp.1483e22877b92d2eea5f9188e6aeaa1b.webp

The father in law had a self propelled Hyundai before he moved to a house with no grass and was really pleased with it. Frustrating that he gave it away.

Edited by jtay
  • Thanks 1

Posted

jtay was talking to a mate about this today actually and ironically Hyundi was in his top 2.Self propelled is a must with grass size you are doing you get warranty and a mower that should last years.Do one cut of the neighbours free see how long it takes and charge accordingly.20 pounds an hour is reasonable considering fuel servicing oil ect.The pros cut regardless as its their living but that can include very dry or wet which I'm sure you would avoid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

This is the 3rd frosty morning in 4 days and looking at the radar it will be the 3rd to degenerate into a damp if not wet late morning! 

We simply cannot get a dry day. Even during yesterday (for all its sunshine) there were several showers! 

Posted

Morning All, another white covering start to the day with the overnight low down at -0.1°C at: 05:47, which has climbed now up to 4.3°C , RH92% and light air movement from the SW under partly cloudy sky.

From Above

Screenshot2024-02-27105409.thumb.png.2a6e4800b82f8b5c0045007530ba7179.png

On Golden sands, surfers have resorted to paddle board in the calm condition.

Screenshot2024-02-27105618.thumb.png.fcafa3e0f501f621320f941fa9c432dc.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning All,

We had a frost this morning the cars were quite icy at home although Gloucester seemed frost free.

Posted
On 22/02/2024 at 15:05, Crackerjack said:

I’m up to 30mm for the last two days AWD in Frampton Cotterell and just walked dog on Yate common and can confirm I’m changing careers and will shortly be starting construction of my Ark. all aboard 👍 just £95 deposit payable through PayPal and apple pay 

image.thumb.png.63da241c54382dfc1059d809763e7d14.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A rare start to the day of requiring to scrape the car window, probably only done that 2 or 3 times this winter period thats how poor its been!

Posted

A bright and occasionally sunny one, but no double figures, with 9.6°C at: 14:06.

Edited by Dorsetbred