Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

11c, damp,

doesnt feel paticularly humid, but storms incoming, to reach us in early hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

London, April 2024 - slightly warmer than average due to mild nights, very wet and very cloudy.

9Qxroxo.thumb.png.2ef61b65e8c652b0ab902335683ed1ad.png

Avg max: 15.0c (0.0c)
Avg min: 7.2c (+1.2c)
Mean: 11.1c (+0.6c)

Rainfall: 68.6mm (162%)
Sunshine: 137.7 hours (78%)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In Absence of True Seasons yep feels like a proper balmy Summers evening out there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

9°c this evening on the Yorkshire wolds, but after a grey morning we had a pleasant afternoon when then sun came out, knocking on 17°c for a while, managed an hour in pub beer garden 🍻😎  at least it didn't f00kin rain.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Some definite UHI effects going on this evening…

IMG_2403.thumb.png.b6356dd730bfeca987bd8f124dae9051.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

danm Urban hotspots?

Posted

Northwest NI yep, UHI, urban heat island. Clearly seen with London still at 17c, Brum 13c, Manchester 15c.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.
Posted (edited)

So, unsurprisingly, April turned out to be another duller and wetter than average month in most places. If May carries on like this, it will probably end up being one of the worst springs of the century (away from the far north).

image.thumb.png.0c1f78f099fd372ce818ca5fd79960df.pngimage.thumb.png.47cd9061e7ce57862cbbfb735de2e03b.pngimage.thumb.png.21d55a17ad514e2421ab234df4a4ceb0.pngimage.thumb.png.6147b741562f5d6623262f85683164bc.png

image.thumb.png.ca5262a866026961959dc235823d0192.pngimage.thumb.png.6175e61d3e4119744d22cad534374239.pngimage.thumb.png.76498e249cf94f038bbc7cf20c20c1c5.pngimage.thumb.png.458583fb120ebe2cff3131b9011e61be.png

image.png

Edited by Snowshine
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

Well that’s pretty much half of May’s rain overnight. Another wet month on the cards down here…..

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Like 2

Posted

Alderc 2.0 I was thinking similarly as I listened to it hammering down for more than an hour after thundery activity moved away. 

• Like 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

Despite the potentially improved weather next week temps don’t hit average for May once until at least the 10th May and then only for a day or two. Unless things change quickly it could be hard to avoid another poor month which I can’t believe I’m saying that on the 2nd of the month.

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Like 1

Posted

Andy Bown Flooding could be an issue for the south west if the radar is anything to go by, especially with the band not due to move direction much today. Pretty awful Spring for W Wales, even on the dry days the wind comes off the sea..havent managed to crack 12 c here yet!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

The southern half of Wngland, particularly the south-west, is looking to have a considerable amount of rainfall due to the storms and general area of rain today. The concept of a very dry month there already wobbling. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Woke up in the early hours of the morning to one of the best thunderstorms I've heard in ages! It lasted around an hour plus and at one point, there were 3 lightning flashes per every rumble & the rumbles were about 4 seconds apart. One of few things I don't mind getting woken up by lol.

Main downside is that we've already recorded 10mm of rain on the 1st day. Please, I am TIRED of constant 50mm+ months, it's way beyond the point of ridiculous now. Massive dry spell please, for the love of God!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
Posted (edited)

SunSean I got jolted out of bed by a gigantic explosive at about 5.30am. Probably one of the biggest thunderclaps I've ever heard. Thought Putin had pressed the big red button for a second tbh. 😆 

Watched the flashes outside the window for about 10 mins then went back to bed

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 4

Posted

Well the thunderstorms missed my area completely AGAIN. Remarkably we’ve not had any come over near us for two years now despite the increased activity. Just rumbles in the distance. The heavy rain did come, and apart for two hours break over yesterday lunchtime we’ve had precipitation of some sort since Monday night. Should stop later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

April 2024 sunshine- 1 table for official UK Met office stations & the other table for 60 counties & coasts in England. 

Remarkably, the Scottish Highlands have been the sunniest place in the UK so far this year and East Sussex, supposedly the sunniest place in the UK having one of their dullest years on record, languishing far down in the bottom half.

Will May 2024 finally see an above average sunshine month or more of the same dull & wet rubbish?

Screenshot_20240502_082913_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20240501_164557_Sheets.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Alderc 2.0 would you be happy with more than a months rainfall in a 24 hour period if all the other days in the month were warm and dry? Or is it the statistic that, technically, it’s another ”wet month” that annoys you?

I’d be ok with that personally.

• Like 1

Posted

SunSean it doesn't surprise me to see Oxfordshire towards the top of the English sites for April and YTD. It's not been as bad in this area as it has for most. Brize Norton recorded only 5 hours less sun than last April, so it wasn't quite the doomfest some suffered. We had a fairly sunny 2 week spell in the middle of April which recorded most of the sunshine for the month, giving an impression that we had some sort of fine and dry spell. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Jonnoramo87 Perhaps. 😉

Or it could be 2029, and then we get another in 2030 (as happened in 2013 and 2014, following 2006...)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
Posted (edited)

Alderc 2.0 I am actually surprised by that. With the anticyclonic weather forecast after the weekend (if it happens, of course) and lack of cold uppers, I would be expecting around 19C in this area next week and perhaps 21 in London.

Edited by Summer8906