Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

More grey, rainy pish. Give us a break 😞

Yep, 8.2c, more rain, more flooded roads. Horrible out.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Yep. Steady rain coming in on a fresh ESE breeze. 7.5C but feeling colder.

• Like 8

Posted
10 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

stuff that

Echoed by the dog this morning but got pushed out irrespective to get on with the business.

Everything dripping with water, constant drizzle not giving anything a chance to dry up.

Mild I suppose at 7c with calm conditions but my goodness the dry, cold, sunny weather of last weekend already feels like it is a distant memory.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Having a quick look around the charts and in the daft thread it would seem more cold for this side of the year is unlikely, its down to the high pressure thats going to form around France (Bartlett) and those can stick around for weeks...I still live in hope that one day I will see a white Christmas.

Capture.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
On 09/12/2023 at 15:41, Ravelin said:

Not sure tomorrow will be any better either. 

It wasn't, probably worse actually. Grey with some drizzle in the morning, heavier rain early afternoon onwards. Made the mistake before the dog walk late morning of checking the level of clothing required by popping out the back door. Didn't seem too chilly, but that was sheltered. Once out on the hill a stiff wind made it feel much colder, despite coming from a southerly direction. 

Next shot at something interesting? 

gfsnh-0-282.png?12gfs-1-252.png?12

Almost certainly will change in detail, and the GFS OP was at the colder end of its ensemblies, but persistent hints that after a warmer spell next weekend it could cool down again significantly ahead of Xmas?

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Posted

A few more days of this dreich stuff to suffer before looking likely high pressure comes in. Might be cold down south but average temps wise and cloudy for us lower and upper kilties but hopefully still dry. I'm taking note as I need to hire a digger soon, no point until the ground dries out a bit. A frost would help a lot, break up the soil and warm my coldie heart . GFS 12Z looking hopeful.

• Like 5

Posted

To echo others a miserable couple of days and ground conditions are the worse I've seen them for a while - the path to my woodshed is normally reasonably drained but is currently a bog that I can barely push the barrow through. I wonder if there's been a persistent subsurface layer of frost that's stopped the surface from draining. 

Hopefully with a westerly flow and high pressure we might get some pleasant weather later in the week? 

• Like 6

Posted

An absolutely foul day and it was certainly not fun trying to put up the Christmas lights in the pouring rain. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
55 minutes ago, JamesM said:

An absolutely foul day and it was certainly not fun trying to put up the Christmas lights in the pouring rain. 

Got caught with that too. Dry when I started but by the time I untangled one lot it was pouring and cold but felt that I had to carry on. Now partly cloudy and dry at 3C.

• Like 4

Posted

Showery am no dung spreading to wet, turnip competition measured yield am but ploughing up old grass all day so a bit getting done in this dryer area of Scotland. ground fog just now plus clear sky so maybe a ground frost later. Currently 4c. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Oh god it's that time of year when everyone tries to wipe dried sneeze s n o t off their screens... Some of us do it repeatedly, unable to remember that we did it only this morning...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Showery am no dung spreading to wet, turnip competition measured yield am but ploughing up old grass all day so a bit getting done in this dryer area of Scotland. ground fog just now plus clear sky so maybe a ground frost later. Currently 4c. 

Down to 0.5c now  and grass sparkling

• Like 5

Posted

The ‘wet in the east’ theme of Autumn has continued into December. Aberdeen already sitting on 135% of average December rainfall (106mm) while Tulloch Bridge is on just 7% (16mm).  The wettest few months I can remember since moving to the area in 2005.

It’s raining outside, 7c. ☹️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

A cold raw day at 3.3C today down to 2.2 now but stars have disappeared and showery rain yet again. 

• Like 3

Posted

Miserable again. Wet, 7c and a brisk (22 mph) SEly wind. Looking forward to the westerlies at the weekend, we need to dry out!

• Like 6