Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dry morning but increasingly damp as the afternoon went on.

not heavy, that fine rain Peter Kay said soaks you through and it cleared off just in time for dusk.

it always amazes me how often a poor day suddenly bucks up just as it starts to go dark or in the summer, around 6 o’clock.

as already said, some drifts still left behind the walls and quite a bit along the sides of the higher parts of the road over to Burnley.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Joe Snow It was amazing, back then I lived in Droylsden and nearby there's a bit of the town called Littlemoss with huge open fields with a couple of farms on it and the drifts were blowing onto the road (Lumb Lane) from the open fields and blocking it temporarily before the council cleared it with ploughs. If we're to see something similar we will have to see the charts change very soon as I remember back then it was around the 12th or 13th of Feb when things started to get suddenly a lot more interesting as the models were starting to toy with the idea of a beast late in the output. 

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 8

Posted

Joe Snow Feb 18 was a very good month for sunshine here. The very cold spell came 25th onwards.. the period leading in was cold dry and frosty. The snowiest day was the 28th, we had about 4 inches and drifting. The coldest day was 1 March, a max of -2 degrees and a severe wind chill it was brutal. I went for a walk on the 2nd or 3rd not sure and there was major drifts on local lanes. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 8

Posted

Dark I think the SSW came on the 12th.. hence why the models latched on to high latt blocking from then on. This year the SSW is expected a week late if it happens and therefore will not be until 19 Feb see how it may affect us. and we won't know when.. a quick impact might just about deliver a severe cold spell in early March if synoptics align.. it gived us something interesting to focus on in the week ahead. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all.

Showers as i type whilst in Fitton Hill. 

There is sleet falling which is somewhat of a surprise. 

Might be doing the College run all week as the taxi driver is ill.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Thankfully made it off the ground on Thursday. Not much activity at Manchester airport, just light rain when we boarded our flight. They did have all their plows ready to be deployed though.

Weather in Galway was awful on Thursday and Friday, very cold, very windy, and loads of rain. Standard west coast of Ireland weather really.

Cold day here to start, although the sun is struggling to break through the clouds.

• Like 7

Posted

A so-so sort of day so far. Its been dry, but the clouds look like they could threat rain any time. A chilly start and it feels quite cold despite a current temp 7.2 degrees.

Its all quite benign stuff for mid Feb.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Fairly standard day rain first thing followed by some brightness  with stiff breeze 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Day 10 every mo update for 2 months has had N or E winds and BA doesn’t think the ssw will affect the trop ☹️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

damianslaw benign and mind numbing. Ah well at least the sun has decided to show itself for once. Hopefully after tomorrow the heating shouldn't be used as much with milder temps. Although mild doesn't tend to warm buildings up naturally until into March in general. Sun needs to be stronger.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Spah1

And the Met have been right to some extent as I'm sure some of us had snow in Jan???

As for the other, I think I'd rather see what transpires than give up. While there's still a reasonable chance I'm still in. 👍

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another decent day here with sunshine at times, that's three reasonable days in a row without any significant rain, don't think that's happened for a while. Temps around average again, reached 8.8C.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Forecast is for showers moving in after dark and maybe, just maybe wintry over high ground.

not expecting to be high enough here but we’ll see, it’s certainly felt cold enough today, even with a bit of sunshine about.

• Like 7

Posted

Day 10 Yep March can certainly deliver. This was the mini beast on 18th March 2018 where I used to live. What a bitter day that was. Most of the snow blown off roofs, notice the little snow drift on the roof on the first pic with a wave like pattern. My back garden was a bit more sheltered from the wind.

IMG_20180318_090212.jpg.7130252f7130fb5cIMG_20180318_090116.jpg.07bd0726086da741IMG_20180318_090110.jpg.77d0b82d69b189bd

• Like 8

Posted

Heavy showers with hail moving in 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Scuba steve Nice. 

Has she let you back in the house to shelter from the elements? 

• Like 8

Posted

Had Worse nah I’m sat on sun lounger with cold beer and my book it will pass 😂

• Like 8