Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Dryer now miserable morning though we need sunshine now and to put this winter to bed

• Like 5

Posted

Yes these dry spells are not long enough to dry anywhere out.  I agree with the green algae and moss, its covering most of the stone in my garden too.  Milder temp now, 14°C in some parts of the region.  Sun has tried to shine here, still grey.

Screenshot_20240312_134634_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

After 9mm of rain before 9, it's dried up nicely here, we even had some sunshine. So the dogs got a lunchtime walk, which looked out of the question based on the foreacast as it was yesterday.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

• Like 5

Posted

After yesterday's non descriptness, today has produced persistant light drizzle, epitome of tedium.

The week as a whole set poor for sunshine, no springlike feeling. Its all very uninspiring. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

A sunless miserable day here in the Austrian Alps . Snowfall above 1200m. Drizzle and rain in the valley with mild conditions persistent. Crap winter really over here , March following the pattern of the warmest February ever in Austria with temps well above normal values.  However, we do see the sunshine from time to time. Looking at your sunshine totals in the Northwest of England , almost non existent so far this year . Is it really that bad ? My farmer friend up near Skipton say its permanently wet and cloudy but frost free for the most part. In fact he also tells me he has never seen the ground so sodden. 

C

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 8

Posted

Hi sorry not been on much just lost our cat of 23 years yesterday morning

So not really interested in the weather in the slightest all looks dark to me and my family at the moment so sorry for the lack of posts but we are struggling at the moment grief is terrible being a person or an animal x 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

itsnowjoke   sorry to read your post, a pet is very much part of the family it's heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye.  23 years is some good going,  your cat was well loved and cared for.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

itsnowjoke sorry for your loss.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Dry at first this morning,  Spitting now.  Interesting wet SW streamer on radar.  Lake District being hit, but not Lancs seriously so far .  Maybe the N Wales mountains giving some shelter?

• Like 5

Posted

itsnowjoke Sorry to hear about your cat ,a very long life well lived no doubt,it’s hard when furbuddies go over the rainbow bridge 😥

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

@SnowJoke. I know how you feel.

We lost Tigger, our cat at 21. 

He just happened to be walking across our shared drive in the dark when our next-door neighbour came home.

I don't need to say the rest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
16 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Hi sorry not been on much just lost our cat of 23 years yesterday morning

2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Just seen this so just thought I'd pop in.

We have an 11 year old cat called Betty, I work from home and she follows me around like a sheep. I will be absolutely devastated when she goes but hopefully not for a long time yet! I treat her just as good as any family member, in fact she runs the bloody house lol!

21 & 23 years is bloody great lads, they must have been well looked after. Sorry for your loss, some people say 'it's only a cat or only a dog', I have no time for non animal lovers, domestic pets are very must part of any family.

Anyways, back into hibernation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Sorry my mistake. It should have read...

@itsnowjoke I know how you feel.

He just happened to be walking across our shared drive in the dark when our next-door neighbour came home.

I don't need to say the rest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Was north of Manchester and towards Leeds today. Truly dreadful day, rained non stop most of the day.

I see more and more rain is creeping into the forecast now over the coming week or so. Perfect.

• Like 5

Posted

tricol The bbc forecasts and met office forecasts for here rest of the week show a few hours of sunny spells Saturday only, meaning we might only receive 3 hours or so total sun all week, abysmal and why I detest SW airstreams, even in summer here they just bring cloud or drizzle/rain. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

itsnowjoke So sorry mate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Had Worse oh it’s so sad isn’t it can’t function right now was a very tricky ending not the one I was hoping for.

people saying to me she died of old age well I guess in a way but it was a growth in her brain which sadly got to her and made her deaf and blind and confused over the last past few months which they though was old age and dementia but it wasn’t it was a growth that took her which I didn’t know till the day otherwise she’d be still here causing havoc being the boss ….. I currently have one depressed doggy 😔 thanks for all your kind messages x

Day 10 😔

Scuba steve 😔

Rush2019 thanks 😔

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

If we must have mild weather then why can’t it be the dry sunny type which at least makes it feel pleasant rather than the default cloudy wet conditions that take away any benefit and still leaves us with a cold raw feel.

not the briefest glimpse of sunshine here yesterday and although the heaviest of the rain kept away for most of daylight hours, it was still depressingly wet and the 12c reached hardly felt pleasant.

today’s forecast is hinting at the mid teens but again the threat of rain is there so it’s 🤞that we get a clearance and some warm feeling sunshine as the front heads off north.

• Like 5

Posted

Rinse and repeat…..

• Like 4

Posted

Morning.  Still a bit grey, some brightness trying to break through.  Dry and 11.2°C, mild start, mildest day so far this year was Feb 15th,  max here Macc was 15.1°C,  I  wonder if today will exceed it?  Rostherne max of 15.6°C on 15th Feb,  we'll see.

There's a little bit of cape over the NW coast and lakes later, If showers intense enough it could spark a flash, not alot of energy and potential is slight.

• Like 5

• April 2024 - Was it that cold overall? A look at the statistics

General perception from many is that April was a cold month, but statistics would suggest otherwise, with the average temperature for the whole month coming in just above the 30 year average for the UK as a whole. A warm first half to to the month averaged out the cold second half. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Bank Holiday Offers Sunshine and Showers Before High Pressure Arrives Next Week

The Bank Holiday weekend offers a mix of sunshine and showers across the UK, not the complete washout some forecasting models were suggesting earlier this week. Next week, high pressure arrives on the scene, but only for a relatively brief stay. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather