Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Even the forecasted dry, bright and frosty start has ended up as damp and foggy up here.

no doubt it will clear in time for the cloud and rain to arrive though but last long enough to suppress the chance of some pleasant warmth.

• Like 4

Posted

What's that in the sky this morning? a glowing white light amongst a sea of blue? could it be the elusive sunshine we've all been waiting for over the past few weeks 🤪 typically it's not going to last for long but it's very much welcome to stay going in-to Spring.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I spoke to soon, brightening up nicely now.

Off out shortly to the seaside for a look at a couple of caravans and weigh up whether the idea is for us.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Scuba steve we also have sun. 🌞 

WTF is going on. Call a COBRA meeting.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted

Mmm thought we might at least have a few sunny spells this morning, instead low misty cloud.. hope it breaks before the rain arrives again, otherwise it will be another very poor day. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

Nice and sunny here, but chilly. Rain looks well on it's way now. I forgot how frustrating March can be.

• Like 5

Posted

tricol Its a month I never rate and thankful out of the way, dips its toes in and out of winter and spring, can never make up its mind, whereas April though the most varied month, has a more definate Spring feel to it, combined with all the new growth, it feels so very different.

Im the same with September and October, September I find very frustrating.. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted

Sunny start  ☀️  Nice.   Drying out a bit at last.  7.1C.

• Like 5

Posted

No evidence of any frost first thing, min 0°C.  Oooh tis beautiful currently, puts me in a right smiley mood.  Can feel the warmth of the sun through the windows as I watched the ever becoming busy birds swoop for their meal worms. Enjoy while it beams.

@iand61  Enjoy your caravan mooching,  I would love a weekend bolthole if ever the opportunity arose.

I'm looking forward to May, it's a beautiful month.  April promises proper spring with hopefully a taste of the first good rumble of thunder.   Enjoy the sun, don't  look at the radar. 😁

• Like 7

Posted

iand61 we've had a static caravan on the East coast for over 20 years and love it. Do take note of the site management and the general feel of the place; also the facilities in the caravan of your choice. There can be nothing worse than owning a caravan on a badly-run site with limited facilities in your caravan, although, thankfully, we've not experienced this ourselves. 

An interesting Panorama programme recently on a mobile home site at Wyre, near Blackpool and near where I lived. Potential owners were assured that they could class their purchases as main homes and live there all the year round, but the reality was very different, with the site classed as holiday homes for occupancy for 11 month of the year only, and considerable amounts of money being lost as a result.

Today has started bright but signs of it clouding over now before the rain arrives this afternoon.

• Like 5

Posted

Some weak sunshine now and then but actually clouding up now --  can see thicker grey cloud showing up in southwest  - over Wales and moving into Cheshire.   Hope it doesn't rush -- outdoor things to do.

• Like 5

Posted

Its going to be a very frustrating day, the sun has burst through last hour or so, but knowing rain is knocking on our door, it is putting pay to outdoor plans.  Sods law timing wise, arriving in the evening would be far better, but a band of rain moving through Saturday afternoon is the absolute worst timing at any point in the week..

• Like 5

Posted

Rain Lady rain arrived here in S Cheshire at 12.15pm precisely. I normally have a bike ride in the afternoon but brought it forward and was glad I did as I just got  back in time. Nuisance rain at the moment but I'm glad I'm not heading to Crewe Alex this afternoon. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

It was nice while it lasted this morning. It's now raining, dull, and has cooled down quite a bit.

• Like 5

Posted

Nice sunny morning.  Went for a walk, everyone cheerfully saying hello, spring in the air.....now its back to rain and cool (default setting since July)

• Like 6

Posted

A mood change of a day, all very promising and cheerful this morning, all dull and gloomy this afternoon. The rain has been patchy but it all has a late winter feel to things rather than early spring, such is the rebound nature of March. 

• Like 6

Posted

Rain came later in the day, so majority of it stayed dry but a bit grey, max of 10.4°C.  Spring Equilux tomorrow, where daylight hours become longer than the hours of darkness, clocks go forward end of the month so staying lighter in the evenings. 🙂

• Like 5

Posted

Hi, just logged in and found I have my 15 year in badge, pity I can’t wear it…and it’s still raining ☔🦆 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

A bit of a strange day weather wise, foggy start quickly turned into a lovely sunny morning and a lovely drive up the M6 to Morecambe.

sunny while we were looking at caravans but it quickly clouded over as we came back down home.

rain then on the way to, during and after the football.

another interesting thing was that, thanks to the inability whoever set some temporary lights,  we got from the top side of Morecambe to within 2 miles of home in the same time as we did the last 2 miles and then after straight in and out only just made the match.

biggest surprise of the day though was that Burnley actually won👍

• Like 7

Posted

General gloom of the day added to by Crewe's failure to win at MK Dons, their 3rd defeat in four games and making their quest for automatic promotion from L2 less likely by the day. Two winnable home games to come and a few days of sun would do nicely, thank you.

• Like 7

Posted

Morning.  A quick paddle up the garden, threw some meal worms and sunflower seeds at the bird table and ran back.  It's tipping down.  11.4°C. Tut.🙂

• Like 7

Posted

Up at silly o’clock on a rest day as it looks like we’ve got an early delivery slot from a two letter online electrical retailer.

that said it’s a 4 hour slot so 7.15 could still end up being 11.15 but at least it frees up the rest of the day.

just need the rain and grime to sod off so that we can make the most of the warm sunshine that’s apparently available at the moment.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

iand61 AO. Another wet day.

• Like 5