Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

More sunny than bright today which is nice, but a definite chill in the air.

Posted

Typical. Come in to watch the Attenborough show and the Sun comes out. 😒

• Insightful 1

Posted

Squeezeing last few days of my favourite conditions out.No work but T Shirt and.joggers today,few more cool days before warmer weather arrives.24 degrees is about my Summer bearable working max the curse of blonde hair and fair skin lol

• Insightful 1

Posted

How's the wind looking this evening? I've just bagged up the last bits of our neighbour's shed roof from last week - is this more of the same or not as bad? Cheers.

Posted

The last time I did a school run was the very thundery afternoon of Thursday 28th March.

At every morning and afternoon school run time during the Easter break there’s only either been drizzle or a few showers. (I check/notice for irony factor) 

Drum roll please! ……. It’s setting up to be dreadful wind and heavy rain at 8.20-8.40 this morning!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Heavy rain  and hail.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Morning all, my last day before I have the pleasure (not) of an 8 hour operation in Salisbury Hospital tomorrow to remove a neck tumour, please wish me luck and any good vibes you can muster would be appreciated. Hopefully I can then enjoy the spring and summer a bit more, cheers.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Bobd29 Sorry to hear that. Will certainly be sending good vibes from a few miles down the road. All the best for tomorrow. 💪🏼

• Thanks 1

Posted

jtay thanks it’s much appreciated, not looking forward to it but I know it has to be done.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Bobd29 Wishing you the best of luck. I've had multiple skin cancer operations in recent years, some simple and some complex, I always try to view the procedures as positive events, despite my various phobias around operations. It helps a bit. Hope it goes well and you are posting here again shortly!

• Thanks 1

Posted

dr weather yes this my seventh since October but by far the biggest. If results are clear for nodes and surrounding tissue then hopefully no more, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Bobd29 Oh bless you sweetheart. You must be sooo nervous! I'm on the surgery list still too but not heard owt yet! Hopefully you will do ok love x It will be a great weight off your mind x

Posted

Thanks Beka get thru tomorrow and it should be ok. Do hope you get yours sorted soon and we both can be labelled as healthy again, staying positive it’s the only way, all the best Bob…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Thanks DB, hopefully ok after first couple of days.

• Like 1

Posted

Well after the terribly timed downpour it’s a mostly sunny and very gusty day! 

That will be until showers turn up around 15.00!!!!!!

Posted

Afternoon All, a mix bag for this morning, quite an active squall line (tornado reported near Stoke on Trent at 06:35) which pumped up the wind and poured down the rain, now we have bright warm sunshine. Interesting to see these lines come through from a stats perspective:

image.thumb.png.9000a90e6601c7f55feaf44a42d16ea4.png

Noticeable pressure changed, wind direction changed, humidity leapt, temperature fell and the sunshine quickly shone through once it had passed. 

Meanwhile the overnight low of 6.5°C at: 09:54 has risen to 9.3°C, RH79%, with a fresh breeze from the N, with a few clouds at an altitude of 2,500 ft and broken clouds at an altitude of 3,500 ft.

On Golden sands quiet now the schools are back, with the sole surfer having the waves to themself.

image.thumb.png.53812b0fc94b2df0c77ab259c32062ab.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Afternoon, well looking out of the window its a lovely day outside however the wind is strong and is chilly 😞 

Bobd29 hope all goes well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

crazy wind this morning associated with that squall line now sunny and breezy 

• Like 1

• Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Warming up this week but looking mixed for Bank Holiday weekend

In the sunshine this week, it will feel warmer, with temperatures nudging up through the teens, even past 20C. However, the Bank Holiday weekend is looking a bit mixed. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts