Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
35 minutes ago, jtay said:

Dunno, was just explaining what jy meant. We'll get ours from Baskets and Blooms, nr here.

BASKETSNBLOOMS.CO.UK

Stuckton branch The address is: Baskets and Blooms, Stuckton, Fordingbridge, SP62HG Take the Stuckton road from the A338 and as you get into the village look for the 3 Lions Inn take the first left…

• Like 2

Posted

Waaah my round up for spraying bindweed has gone! Need to buy some more.

Posted
55 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Waaah my round up for spraying bindweed has gone! Need to buy some more

WWW.PRICERUNNER.COM

Find the cheapest prices on this ROUNDUP Fast Action Weedkiller 5L on PriceRunner

But there's always this and it comes with a pair of gloves!

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Dilute 20ml of the concentrate per 1 litre of water. Most effective when used in conjunction with a sprayer. Active Ingredients - This product contains 480g of glyphosate per litre of liquid. Hard Surface...

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Wonderful weekend. Everyone wanted sunshine, we got a mostly sunny weekend. Then people moan it’s a chilly wind. Who cares! It’s been sunny! 

• Like 1

Posted

Dorsetbred it's 2 miles from me generally very good,sometimes a bit naughty,sell bedding plants too early without proper roots,I always check the containers now

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A brilliant weekend of sunshine, which would have had me sitting out for the first time starting the tan build up, if not for the damned wind. Almost there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another decent day with plenty of long sunny spells. Of course the wind was there again but in a nice sheltered spot in the garden it felt nice and warm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

MP-R Yes, same here. Yesterday was doable as our house blocks out the N wind, but today must have had a bit more E in it as it was too cold to sit out in shorts and a t-shirt.

The local Met Office forecast for tomorrow looks weird - persistent rain yet a barometric pressure of 1030 bar? 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a change this morning with an overcast sky. The overnight low of 2.0°C at: 02:22 has risen to 8.3°C, RH70% with light air movement from the N - NE.

From Above, cloud streaming in from the NNE

image.thumb.png.f7d883302da5e8ddbcc0ea7545a3462f.png

Posted

A few spots of rain this morning, nothing more, so far. Pretty cool too.

The fields are drying out at least, now, so no more muddy boots walking across the fields.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Soil moisture is up to 29cB. That's the driest it has been since September 11th last year.

Screenshot_20240422_105715_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c44b4390cc0a508a2642beb97c19675e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Persistent drizzle/rain at the moment, very nice for the lawn which had dried out over the last week.

I always find it fascinating when you have rain when there is predominantly sinking air present (1030 hPa).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Afternoon All,

I hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the sunshine.

Back to normal this morning with a few spots on the trip into work this morning, looking for a bit of warmth now it was lovely at times over the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Mapantz Thanks for that, that’s interesting (I’ve had landscaping work on hold for several months as it’s too wet to use a digger ). If I’m reading your chart right, does that mean it’s actually a bit drier than average for you? If so, I’m curious about the soil type you have. Below topsoil here is a lot of clay, some of which is almost pure blue clay a few feet down in places (some areas are more free draining because of seams of limestone and limestone brash). The ground appears generally saturated here still, and the persistent light-moderate rain here today is likely to make even lawns proper ‘squelchy’ for a few days. Feels like we need at least 4 weeks of warm/dry weather to get anywhere near ‘normal’, just below the surface! 

Posted

SilverWolf My soil measure shows a similar trend for the last month worth of measurement, and I live on a gravel environment, thus dries quiet quickly:

image.thumb.png.6a3d2b7e0c4ca70649716ba5381d4c12.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Well that's been a meh kinda day, dribble all day and the temperature fighting to sustain it's earlier peak of 9.3°C at: 11:33, which its been unable to do as the current temp is 7.2°C.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Cleared a couple of big compost bins today,excellent quality.Puts the poor stuff they sell for big money in garden centres to shame.

• Thanks 1

Posted

jtay ironically not much although it is useful.I use it to cheaply fill troughs and pots.So many people fill big troughs,pots ect with 8.50 poor quality compost.my stuff is free so top dressed with small purchased shop bought with added Growmore.It saves fortunes on raised beds too.

• Thanks 1

Posted

jy Yeah, I've had two bays for a couple of years. Once sifted it's decent stuff, but I guess I should shred the twiggy stuff before I put it in.

This year, I've built one more from pallets and discarded stock fence posts that I find on my walks. Got space for two more in the same area, to keep it rotating.

Posted

Fine way to write off 90% of ‘ daylight’ !

Rain started 08.25

Rain stopped 19.10

• Like 2