Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands regional discussion - Spring 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

matty40s Not in this case, I think. We'd have heard about it earlier if there were Thames-level problems here. It was being advertised as going ahead just a week or so ago. Plus for this race people chuck ducks off the bridge so go nowhere near the water. I'm almost certain the issue this time was the high and fast river.

• Like 1

Posted

Where has this afternoon come from? It's glorious.

Every forecast I saw in the days leading up to it was dreadful.

Clouds keep threatening but the sun keeps burning them off. Lovely.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

And once again, the weather does the exact opposite of what was forecast. A very nice day for just 993mb air pressure.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I actually went out and bought an ice cream at lunchtime, then later sat out in the garden in a T-shirt. Would not have seen either coming during yesterday's chilly gloom!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Yes, a pleasant surprise today and I managed more outdoor work! Just in time too, it's peeing it down now. According to some forecasts, it will rain every day for the next two weeks...we'll see. The forecast for today was spectacularly incorrect, and has been very hit and miss for a while now. 

• Like 1

Posted

A superb morning here today, with some very early rain but then clear air and lots of sunshine. Quite a mild day too, though nothing exceptional (max 14.4 °C). Gradually went downhill from mid-afternoon and has been raining on and off for a few hours, but the first half of the day was more than acceptable. Actually, since the start of the Easter long weekend, really only Sunday has been a grimfest, and even then it was because of chilly murk rather than hours of rain. Things *have* been a bit better lately, though admittedly the bar to clear would have challenged a world class limbo dancer!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Easter Monday 2024 Time-Lapse

• Like 1

Posted

And another decent day! Not totally dry, but mostly so, enough sunshine to feel warm occasionally, winds not too strong for the most part. It's nothing special, but balm for the soul nevertheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

A really dull and wet start to the month here (continuing from what has already been a duller-than-average February and March).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Today 17.7c with sunshine….☀️🌤️🌞

with direct sunlight on my face, made it feel like summer 🤗😎

• Like 1

Posted

As long as I'm out of the wind, it's a nice day today. The warmth is pleasant rather than remarkable (17.1 °C max so far) but with the sunshine it's plain ol' nice. More of this sort of thing, please!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Warm, sunny spells and relatively strong winds. Quite an interesting day and great for hanging the washing out on the line.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy rain now here 

Screenshot_20240406_222154_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
Up to date radar image.

Posted

Heavy showers rattling through here from the S/W with very blustery winds at times.

Posted

Looking at the latest ukv, it shows some rather beefy showers tomorrow afternoon, any thundery potential perhaps? We'll see 

Posted

Not a pleasant late afternoon/early evening here. Windy, gloomy, wet. The heaviest of the rain band is just a little to the east of here, but it'll have added a few more mm to the rainfall total and right now that's never welcome. 24 hours ago tomorrow was forecast to be largely dry with only a small risk of showers. Why do I think the day is going to be downgraded yet *again* in reality?

Posted

At least the crappy weather has meant I haven’t missed riding my bike as much since getting knocked off my bike Tuesday morning !!

looks like it will feel cold Tuesday and Wednesday am next week 🥶🥶

is there still a hope for snow ??🙄

Posted

nobble Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that you were knocked off your bike. Hope you're ok?

Not a great day out there today in these parts, chillier feel, but at least it's been a dry day so far. Agree with what some others have said, things are looking lovely and green out there atm! How much better it would all look with some sunshine on it though...!

I am a big one for winter and cold, but would be a bit 'take it or leave it' for snow now. Way too late...save it up for next winter! 🙂 

Posted

Wow, what a day. With the wind and lashing rain, it feels colder than November or February! Back in my winter coat today when out and about, and considered my gloves too! My cat is seriously unimpressed with this...so he's catching up on his sleep (!), I mean, he only gets about 16hrs per day poor thing...(!!)

But we could be in for a better end of the week/ weekend? Is that on the cards? I'd love the chance to get back out into the garden and do some jobs, one of the upsides of the wet (and there's not many) is that things are a lovely verdant green, so with a tidied up garden and some sunshine that might look very nice...

For now though - a day to endure so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Don't often recall it getting milder through the evening in what is now virtually mid of April. Quite the warm sector coming in from the Atlantic tonight but also with a lot of moisture! Up to 17-18C from tomorrow to Saturday.

Untitled.thumb.png.b3196b09b3da0b777744c12b37ae25b9.png

Posted

Looks like I'll get the chance to hit the garden jobs this weekend...quite looking forward to it in an odd way! 

Nice to see bluebells beginning to emerge, and some early beautiful carpets of forget-me-nots...lifts the spirits.

• Like 1