Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

raz.org.rain Correct

1 hour ago, Methuselah said:

Please don't laugh, but we have a Beast from the East incoming!

🤣 🤣 😂 😂 😁 😁

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I could actually live with a BFTE as long as it wasn't a super-powered one, since I live towards the west and so there's a fair chance it would be dry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Wonder when we will get our first 30c average July?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Last day of meteorological winter. Not long before the first BBQ and lawnmower comes out, probably late March or early April. Classic early spring warm spell with a warm sunny day but a cold frosty night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Methuselah it would be a 1.7c increase on the current warmest average July high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
1 hour ago, Don said:

What's new there?! 🤷‍♂️

Nothing at all. The GEM 12z was the silly cold outlier last night. Today ECM 12z. Maybe tomorrow one of the GFS det runs is the odd one out 🤔

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

B87 this year would be nice 

Posted

In relation to the earlier conversation on March averages - it is a location dependent thing. Even in April, when you go as far north as Yorkshire, the March average is around 10C for most stations, and the April average is around 13C, so for late March we can split the difference and say 11-12C.

Hence, I would say it's far from guaranteed to get more than one or two spring-like days in March here, where we define spring-like as requiring a maximum of 15C or higher. All-time March records here around only around 21-22C.

Posted

CryoraptorA303 Im thinking we will get something fine and sunny just after the equinox (21st-26th) , but a very cold (Perhaps beating 2013) Easter Weekend

Edited by baddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

baddie I remain unconvinced that we'll see anything notably cold, there's just not enough of it to make a significant impact in NW Europe. As has been noted elsewhere, practically all of the northern hemisphere is currently seeing well above average temperatures. Any cold that gets displaced will end up watered down.

• Like 2

Posted

raz.org.rain I dont even care whether its 25c or 2c at this point. All I want is a long dry spell. If it isnt for us sufferers at least for mother natures sake, Winter has been torture

• Like 4

Posted

Mild, wet and dull all winter and as soon as it hits 1st March all of the models start showing northern blocking and easterlies, but not potent enough to be anything but cold and still dull.

The weather really is trolling us now. You can almost guarantee it will come to fruition.

Edited by reef
  • Like 5

Posted

baddie  agreed, an unholy amount of water has fallen from the sky. I don’t remember the rivers locally being at flood level for such a long time. Hopefully a repeat of last March doesn’t occur. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, SunnyG said:

if you say so... I guess some people never learn... 🙂

Totally agree....oh well, hope you can get the hang of it in the not to distant future...😉

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

First day of spring and surprise surprise, it’s cold, windy and chucking it down. Dreadful 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Another new month begins & once again the heavens open. Colour me shocked. Bets on when your area will hit 50mm yet again? I'll go for by the 15th- about half way through the month lol. 

The never-ending weather pattern of complete garbage continues on.

• Like 2

Posted

The Spring Equinox used to be deemed the first day of Spring and still is for example Germany. The old adage that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb still fits the bill, or forecast. For what reason other than simplification did the Met Office decide that the change was neccessary? It regularly seems to be at odds with reality. The 1st of March today is giving us very cold rain, sleet and snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Bypass agreed, March 1st will never be Spring for me. Always cool, dull, wet and sometimes snowy, same with September, often sunny and hot until the Autumn equinox. Early December (wintry or autumnal) and early June (hot or cool and Spring like) can both have either weather type of the nearest seasons though.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Winters farewell laugh at me. Snowing at my sisters  only about a half hour drive away. Just p#ssing rain here with plenty of puddles.

IMG-20240301-WA0006.jpg

Screenshot_20240301-100901_Gallery.jpg

Edited by sundog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Sunshine!!!!! For London, the forecasts are always way too negative. Like yesterday was supposed to be heavy rain and strong winds. It was raining but it wasn't heavy and it wasn't windy. Today was supposed to be rain all day. Maybe that  predicted cold for the second half of March will turn out to be mild after all. 😉